Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Jurassic World VelociCoaster - General Discussion

Feb 15, 2012
veloci general.jpg

Jurassic World VelociCoaster is now OPEN. This thread is for the general discussion of the attraction. For large photo updates and to post reviews visit the Reviews & Media thread.

Speeding through the jungle, rising high above the terrain, it’s the apex predator of roller coasters: the Jurassic World VelociCoaster. Now you can board your vehicle for a high-speed dash through the park’s raptor paddock. Feel the rush of the hunt as you race alongside these nimble predators, twisting and soaring above the land and water. The Jurassic World VelociCoaster opens June 10 at Universal’s Islands of Adventure.

NOTE: While we ask for posters not to spoil the attraction, this thread naturally will contain some spoilers. Consider this your last warning.

Last edited by a moderator:
Glad to see the locker system is finally out there, when I first heard I thought it was a major game changer.

The train launch effect is kinda hokey but overall this queue/entrance area is a real testament to why World over Park was the right choice (consistency be damned). The aesthetic is more sci-fi and more intimidating and lends itself better to the build-up of a launch roller coaster.

Can’t wait to get on this myself.

I've been trying to figure out a certain effect on the ride and how it's achieved
How do they do the raptor chasing the car effect in the queue? Is it achieved through AR, Musion, or thin LED glass?

Edit: Ok I'm going to go on record and say it's this
More advanced version of this

Last edited: