KidZone Replacement Rumors & Speculation (Pt 2) | Page 5 | Inside Universal Forums

KidZone Replacement Rumors & Speculation (Pt 2)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The problem with waiting until 2026 (post-EU) to fix KidZone is that at that point you'll need to fix FFL too. And rumor is Simpsons might be done as early as 2028. And F&F is still considered the worst ride in Orlando. And we're assuming Jimmy Fallon will maintain some relevancy (and evade his personal demons) for another 7 or 8 years. And oh yeah, Transformers will have been rebooted by then with a new Optimus, and with if fans take to that?

Potentially that is a lot of construction. And EU is going to cannibalize a lot of USO business solely by being the shiny new toy; shuttered or even just dated rides in USO are going to feed that more. I'm sure The Powers that Be are counting on HHN and Mardi Gras to prop the numbers up. But I don't know that they can just keep status quo until 2027 without starting to see a drop.

Potentially that is a lot of construction. And EU is going to cannibalize a lot of USO business solely by being the shiny new toy; shuttered or even just dated rides in USO are going to feed that more. I'm sure The Powers that Be are counting on HHN and Mardi Gras to prop the numbers up. But I don't know that they can just keep status quo until 2027 without starting to see a drop.
Seems to work for Epcot .

I wonder how much it would cost to just put a new coaster in Rip Ride Rockit's place as a stopgap.

Reactions: SeventyOne
I think it’s been rumored they’re not doing trackless rides since Kong is a lot of work for them, hence why SLOP got switched to an omnimover in Hollywood.
So maybe this will be a Trolls version of SLOP at USH. Or they could go the route or a Midway Mania type attraction instead. With the trolls it would be cool to see this be somewhat interactive.

I think it’s been rumored they’re not doing trackless rides since Kong is a lot of work for them, hence why SLOP got switched to an omnimover in Hollywood.
They had lots of trackless related issues with Kong early on, especially the outdoor portion. Some Insiders said those issues delayed the opening, and continued after opening to a lesser degree.

Last edited:
Reactions: Cup_Of_Coffee
So maybe this will be a Trolls version of SLOP at USH. Or they could go the route or a Midway Mania type attraction instead. With the trolls it would be cool to see this be somewhat interactive.
I feel trolls naturally leads to a dark ride, or a Dreamworks Theatre attraction, nothing in between lol. Very light on the thrills, too.

Reactions: n i c k and Mad Dog
I feel trolls naturally leads to a dark ride, or a Dreamworks Theatre attraction, nothing in between lol. Very light on the thrills, too.
One thing about Trolls. Purely anecdotal. The dozen or so times I've watched the night Cinematic shows, the Trolls short segment seems to get the largest cheers from the crowd.
I bet it's more popular with the GP than many here realize.

One thing about Trolls. Purely anecdotal. The dozen or so times I've watched the night Cinematic shows, the Trolls short segment seems to get the largest cheers from the crowd.
All my cousins kids adore the movies, so I agree. They should make a ride/land somewhere.

I don't know how well the IP scores outside of theme parks, but if a Trolls ride does happen, the finale is 100% going to include Can't Stop the Feeling.

And your completely right on Trolls being the highlight during Cinematic for many people.

Reactions: Nico and Mad Dog
I don't know how well the IP scores outside of theme parks, but if a Trolls ride does happen, the finale is 100% going to include Can't Stop the Feeling.

And your completely right on Trolls being the highlight during Cinematic for many people.
I imagine the “Under The Sea” scene from Little Mermaid at Magic Kingdom but instead “Can’t Stop The Feeling”

Reactions: n i c k
The problem with waiting until 2026 (post-EU) to fix KidZone is that at that point you'll need to fix FFL too. And rumor is Simpsons might be done as early as 2028. And F&F is still considered the worst ride in Orlando. And we're assuming Jimmy Fallon will maintain some relevancy (and evade his personal demons) for another 7 or 8 years. And oh yeah, Transformers will have been rebooted by then with a new Optimus, and with if fans take to that?

It's almost like USF has a lot of weak spots that need fixing, or something! ;)

Part of me hopes they will bite the bullet and go for a DCA-style mega-overhaul all at one time, rather than drawing things out for another decade.

It's almost like USF has a lot of weak spots that need fixing, or something! ;)

Part of me hopes they will bite the bullet and go for a DCA-style mega-overhaul all at one time, rather than drawing things out for another decade.
Yeah. But so many weak spots, there's no way they change more than one or two in the next few years though, especially with Epic looming. Hopefully Epic will knock USF attendance back to the 9 million figure, where it's fairly comfortable
capacity wise. I'd guess they're running at 11 to 12 million with the way the lines are at 9 or 10 level (Touring Plans) every single day. since like forever, and the hotels are constantly packed.

Reactions: SeventyOne
The DWT is rumored to go down in September and reopen in November with a new show so maybe Trolls will be what replaces Panda.

What are these shuttered rides in USF? And the park is known for having in-demand properties they can flip over. This isn't anything new since 1990.

Reactions: shiekra38
Whatever they do, I hope it can have the feel/environment of being a real place. It's hard to put this in words but take the simpsons, it's a cartoon but it was able to be translated to an area that doesn't feel cartoonish at all but more like we have stepped into the simpsons world. Contrary to the look and environment of seuss Landing, with it's whimsicalness and fanciful theming and design. What I am saying is, keep the studios looking like real set locations,no matter what the theme is.

I'm not sure they'd be able to pull off a swamp theme in central Florida
Add some new bathrooms with a trigger that plays All Star every time somebody leaves a stall. In all honesty, a Shrek area would pull in massive numbers, as it’s one of the few franchises that can cater to the younger kids while also engaging an older audience, almost like Spider-Man

Status
Not open for further replies.