King Kong Speculation Thread | Page 162 | Inside Universal Forums

King Kong Speculation Thread

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
If they wanted to move/clear stuff backstage they could always shoot a coaster or some other dark ride under the express tracks to a main ride building.

If they wanted to move/clear stuff backstage they could always shoot a coaster or some other dark ride under the express tracks to a main ride building.

I was thinking about that...due they could add a faux facade/story onto the entertainment buildings to add to the city aesthetic as well...

I think Mystic Manor (which I haven't been able to ride yet) appears to strike much more of the sort of balance I'd like to see; just going off the ride videos I've seen, that attraction is overflowing with AAs and setpieces in a way that Ratatouille just simply is not (again, based on the ride videos I've seen, in which the ride seemed VERY underwhelming). MM seems to use screens not as the driving centerpieces of conveying the action, but as accents and enhancements to the physical effects. I do think you're on to something when you say it could be a bit of an industry shift, not merely a Universal-centric issue. On the other hand, maybe they just viewed Ratatouille as their (much belated) direct answer to Spider-Man, and it's not necessarily a harbinger of rides to come.

Given what I've read about Kong in this thread over the past months, I'm very optimistic that it's going to hit that sweet spot of AAs, giant setpieces, and exciting screen action. Hopefully it will please fans on all sides of the issue!

I may be days off, but mystic manor is one of the best rides ive ever riden... I was finally in Awe of what disney was capable of. The same awe I got from Kongrontation, Spiderman and Gringotts

- - - Updated - - -

Ooooh... why did they really build the employee parking garage... ooooh...

I thought the purpose of the Employee parking lot was a given... :lol:

New pictures from my most recent trip! They haven't started on the actual rockwork yet, but the arms reaching off the temple on the left side are all covered in wire and ready to go. Plus the arch now has attachment points all over it to receive its covering and/or more pieces.

P1020141-1024x768.jpg

P10201231-1024x768.jpg

P1020162-1024x768.jpg

P1020174-1024x768.jpg

P1020166-1024x768.jpg

P1020146-1024x768.jpg

P1020143-768x1024.jpg

I think the two-dimensional backdrop behind the temple gate is interesting too. That will do a good job of hiding the tall top of the show building and extending out the facade.

I posted many more photos on my blog here, including some wider shots walking up to the area from both the Jurassic Park and Toon Lagoon side. It's really incredible the sheer size of the structure.

Wonderful photos Alicia, thanks! Lots of progress visible there with attachments and prep work; looks like it won't be long at all before this really starts to come together.

New pictures from my most recent trip! They haven't started on the actual rockwork yet, but the arms reaching off the temple on the left side are all covered in wire and ready to go. Plus the arch now has attachment points all over it to receive its covering and/or more pieces.

I posted many more photos on my blog here, including some wider shots walking up to the area from both the Jurassic Park and Toon Lagoon side. It's really incredible the sheer size of the structure.

Excellent pictures Alicia!!! Thanks both for the zooms and for the hire res photos.

Wild that, that tan fabric? is the backing... I must find out what new process this is and the material involved, and I will find out. :smiley:

Wild that, that tan fabric? is the backing... I must find out what new process this is and the material involved, and I will find out. :smiley:

I would say that's just protective netting to prevent any work debris from falling into the emergency access road, which must be 100% clear at all times when not in use.

I would say that's just protective netting to prevent any work debris from falling into the emergency access road, which must be 100% clear at all times when not in use.

No no Kuribo, that is shotcrete backing... unless they are going to sculpt the entire facade out of foam like land'o Seuss. If that were so, the rebar wouldn't be necessary. So, it is a new kind of shotcrete backing, unless, it is a shotfoam backing. And I have never heard of shotfoam.

No no Kuribo, that is shotcrete backing... unless they are going to sculpt the entire facade out of foam like land'o Seuss. If that were so, the rebar wouldn't be necessary. So, it is a new kind of shotcrete backing, unless, it is a shotfoam backing. And I have never heard of shotfoam.

Oh I think we are talking about two different things. I was talking about this:

5cc4rs.png

Carry on, carry on!

Yea, that sheet appears to be protecting the access road from debris. What's curious is that it looked like it was the exact same material that's wrapped around the steel, under the wire mesh. I guess it's cheap enough to use for multiple uses.

Excellent pictures Alicia!!! Thanks both for the zooms and for the hire res photos.

The tan netting around where the rocks will be is why I thought they had already begun rock work. My mistake.

Status
Not open for further replies.