King Kong Speculation Thread | Page 163 | Inside Universal Forums

King Kong Speculation Thread

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nice to see a non-Potter grand facade isn't it?

I personally think universal is filled with them (Dudley, MIB, Spider-Man, cat in the hat, mummy) but yeah I definitely agree. Glad they went all out on it instead of just making something half ass. It's going to be spectacular for sure

- - - Updated - - -

Wow. Toon Lagoon is just... right... there...
I wonder how they're going to dilineate that.

They most likely won't unless they find a way to pack in some trees. It's going to be a toughie for sure, hope it isn't too noticeable

Wow. Toon Lagoon is just... right... there...
I wonder how they're going to dilineate that.

Washington Palms and various species of timber bamboo will do the trick. It will all but disappear. It is all relative to position; a twenty foot grouping 30' distant will hide a 60' building 75' distant. All fun stuff.

Washington Palms and various species of timber bamboo will do the trick. It will all but disappear. It is all relative to position; a twenty foot grouping 30' distant will hide a 60' building 75' distant. All fun stuff.

As a veteran of the Jungle Cruise, it's amazing how much some well-placed bamboo can hide.

Plus it grows like wildfire, so it shouldn't take long to separate Skull Island form its surroundings

Yes Bamboo grows thick & fast. The only problem is that it's so damn invasive & their roots are like concrete once established. But theme parks have the money to contain them. A homeowner, on the other hand, has to be careful planting them or they'll overtake everything quickly and cost a fortune to get removed.

Gosh... again I must be careful, but this attraction is using some big a$s tech never ever ever used by Universal before, anywhere. It is so high tech it makes me nervous. You will kind of know it the moment you are in the load area. It is just as odd as FJ is unique.

Sorry to dance and prance... but it is really exciting once you think about it, once it was told to me for the 20th time... OMG. It will be in the trade papers top articles.

Last edited:
Talk about the biggest tease ever Teebin. Nonetheless this sounds like it will be quite a huge attraction for Islands.

Talk about the biggest tease ever Teebin. Nonetheless this sounds like it will be quite a huge attraction for Islands.

Yeah, it was just my only way of telling you all that UC is pushing the tech even higher than I had anticipated or could have imagined. UC has thought way out of the box, again. I will have to post a video in a month or so... if it isn't leaked before then.

I think I have an idea of what Teebs May be referring to but even I'm not sure, sounds fun and independent!

I know this has been discussed and/or hinted at earlier in this thread, but what do we think are the odds that there will be some kind of photo op at the exit of the ride? I know all of the exterior portions of the attraction (including entrance and exit) are going to be maximizing as much space as possible (given the limitations of the plot itself), but is there a chance a Kongfrontation-esque "take a picture with Kong" type thing might be included? It certainly won't be a deal breaker if there isn't one, but as somebody who still has five or six of those old Kongfrontation photos (complete with the cool little folders they came in) in my theme park souvenirs collection, it would definitely hit my nostalgia sweet spot, and I bet that would be the case for many others, too. Universal would be leaving a lot of my money on the table!

Also, does anybody know about (or have any theories regarding) merchandising? I haven't studied the blueprints in detail, but is there anything on there to indicate a gift shop? Or smaller merch and/or food kiosks?

My meager contribution from yesterday. I can't for the life of me figure out where to get those awesome ground-level shots!

I know it's been said before but I took a trip by the Kongstruction site today for the first time and the thing is MASSIVE. Pictures don't do it justice.

In case you missed our ATU here are some photos from that update that features some Kong shots and a few other general updates.

http://orlandounited.com/2015/02/around-the-universe-february-9th-2015/

Here are more Kong photos for your enjoyment:

IMG_4050_zpsrtstwmp0.jpg

IMG_4049_zpsxcj6dhca.jpg

IMG_4048_zpsmje5ws8n.jpg

IMG_4047_zpsjn2b1t6c.jpg

IMG_4045_zps2q2id1lr.jpg

IMG_4044_zpsqhtr92to.jpg

IMG_4043_zpsmpqzg2kw.jpg

IMG_4042_zpsf86387u0.jpg

IMG_4041_zpsxaan27jd.jpg

IMG_4028_zpstq0tjvze.jpg

IMG_4027_zpsfeghusxn.jpg

IMG_4026_zpst9ldfe5y.jpg

IMG_4025_zpsfav9qpb2.jpg

IMG_4024_zpsrnqxdmkb.jpg

IMG_4023_zpsednab9im.jpg

IMG_4022_zpsdmrjubd0.jpg

IMG_4021_zpscz9eehui.jpg

IMG_4020_zpsuaqk3knj.jpg

IMG_4019_zpswpzyc5po.jpg

IMG_4018_zpsvd6lzdjw.jpg

IMG_4013_zps4zbxzmnv.jpg

In case you missed our ATU here are some photos from that update that features some Kong shots and a few other general updates.

http://orlandounited.com/2015/02/around-the-universe-february-9th-2015/

Here are more Kong photos for your enjoyment:

Excellent post Briman.

Ok, this picture shows you the rebar/chairs/wire mesh. But the wire mesh isn't everywhere... it is mostly just the chairs and fabric. Click view image to see the higher res.

IMG_4024_zpsrnqxdmkb.jpg

this screams Nassal's metal works to me. The rebar is bent per the model I spoke of yesterday.

Status
Not open for further replies.