King Kong Speculation Thread | Page 167 | Inside Universal Forums

King Kong Speculation Thread

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Here's my shot in the dark guess:

Big old track switches/flips like Expedition Everest?

Only other coaster I can think of in the area that's relatively new that has something different about it.

Only other coaster I can think of in the area that's relatively new that has something different about it.

but if gringotts isnt new then expedition everest is definitely not new. :bang: breaking my head thinking

My assumption since the beginning has always been that the ride vehicles will be large, grouped in twos like GMR, and have a very subtle and minimal motion aspect to simulate running over roots, hills, or being jostled by large mammals.

Manta...but I dont see how anything on that ride could apply to this...unless it's 100 times more ridiculous than I thought :lol:

Some of you are kinda sorta close... I will tighten the hint. The nearby park is US and the feature is something that doesn't exist on most coasters if any. None that I know of.

Color me confused. The new tech is:

a unique tech that is used on a relatively new coaster in a nearby park, that will also be used on this attraction, yet on a far grander scale.

and it is on a ride that is from the US, yet the feature/tech:
doesn't exist on most coasters if any. None that I know of.

So are we looking at a coaster here or something else entirely?

Nah, that is a given on this attraction, newer version of Disaster...

New and high tech is what I am talking about, and all intended to be invisible, untouchable, un-feel-able, un-see-able.

All that being said, coaster tech I can think of is the aforementioned Expedition Everest switch track, the Revenge of the Mummy turntable, the Verbolten drop track, and the Journey to Atlantis San Diego elevator.

All that being said, coaster tech I can think of is the aforementioned Expedition Everest switch track, the Revenge of the Mummy turntable, the Verbolten drop track, and the Journey to Atlantis San Diego elevator.

Well he did clarify the park is US, which makes me think the coaster he is talking about is Rockit... the only tech I can think of on that coaster that I haven't seen anywhere else is in the coasters loading, with the continuous movement of the train (for the most part)... though, I think its safe to say that while that is unusual for coasters, it's not a new concept for rides in general (FJ for example) and as we are pretty sure Kong isn't a coaster, I'm not sure how this is applies... Maybe I should read up on Rockit more, I'm surprised by how little I really know about it.

Interactive audio.

That never even crossed my mind... interesting, though not sure how it would work in relation to Kong. Guess that's why they don't pay me the big bucks lol. I have been on at least one other coaster (now gone sadly) that used a song/soundtrack and built in seat speakers similar to Rockit's, however it wasn't interactive and the song never changed

Last edited:
Well he did clarify the park is US, which makes me think the coaster he is talking about is Rockit... the only tech I can think of on that coaster that I haven't seen anywhere else is in the coasters loading, with the continuous movement of the train (for the most part)... though, I think its safe to say that while that is unusual for coasters, its not a new concept for ride in geneneral (FJ for example) and as we are pretty sure Kong isn't a coaster, I'm not sure how this is applies... Maybe I should read up on Rockit more, I'm surprised by how little I really know about it.

That never even crossed my mind... interesting, though not sure how it would work in relation to Kong. Guess that's why they don't pay me the big bucks lol

Good guess.

As far as interactive audio goes, if there ends up being a guide that seems like a great idea.

Interactive audio.

Seems like a safe bet as the rumored interactive tour guide will be on board...could be cool if it was tied into the main ride audio....I thought Teebin said this was new tech though...if that's the case then this has been done since the orginal Kong and Jaws

I can't tell if the "interactive audio" comment is now assumed to be the thing that we've been trying to guess, but if not then my only two guesses are the use of touch screens (and the ability to choose a song and get a "music video" for it) for Rockit and the projection of characters' entire faces onto animatronics for Seven Dwarfs

I can't tell if the "interactive audio" comment is now assumed to be the thing that we've been trying to guess, but if not then my only two guesses are the use of touch screens (and the ability to choose a song and get a "music video" for it) for Rockit and the projection of characters' entire faces onto animatronics for Seven Dwarfs

That may look strange on Kong's face...but it would allow for amazing animation

strange or mysterious, especially in an unsettling way.
"an uncanny feeling that she was being watched"
synonyms: eerie, unnatural, unearthly, preternatural, supernatural, otherworldly, ghostly, mysterious, strange, unsettling, abnormal, weird, bizarre, surreal, eldritch;
Teebin said he was using the dictionary version of uncanny..

No one has touched on it yet... they have come close but not stated the fundamental requirement. I am beginning to think the majority won't be impressed, even though they should be.

On the other hand, if I told you the AA insects are incredible and that at one point, insect legs will rip through the ceiling of the vehicles, I think many of you would run off to your bedroom with a box of kleenex.

Tragically, I know absolutely nothing of AA insects or any of the effects that may appear in this attraction.

Status
Not open for further replies.