King Kong Speculation Thread | Page 168 | Inside Universal Forums

King Kong Speculation Thread

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
No one has touched on it yet... they have come close but not stated the fundamental requirement. I am beginning to think the majority won't be impressed, even though they should be.

On the other hand, if I told you the AA insects are incredible and that at one point, insect legs will rip through the ceiling of the vehicles, I think many of you would run off to your bedroom with a box of kleenex.

Tragically, I know absolutely nothing of AA insects or any of the effects that may appear in this attraction.

Continuous loading for a vehicle of much larger size then let's say HRRR would be impressive would it not? Other thing that would be cool is individual monitors per seat again much like HRRR. Not exactly sure how they could incorporate that though. Regardless it's all very exciting!

On the other hand, if I told you the AA insects are incredible and that at one point, insect legs will rip through the ceiling of the vehicles, I think many of you would run off to your bedroom with a box of kleenex.

Whoa, 3D projection mapping on the inside of the roof of the tour vehicle synchronized with the show would be super cool. Insects tear open the roof a little, and then later scenes would have a view through the roof of the Kong fight.

I know you were just making stuff up, but now I think that could be the coolest use of 3D ever devised.

- - - Updated - - -

As for the tech, it isn't the track switch to bypass the outdoor portion of the ride in cases of in inclement weather is it? That's been rumored for awhile, but not sure if that's the tech you're talking about.

No one has touched on it yet... they have come close but not stated the fundamental requirement. I am beginning to think the majority won't be impressed, even though they should be.

Tragically, I know absolutely nothing of AA insects or any of the effects that may appear in this attraction.

Hmm perhaps we wont see the tech then...but it will enhance the ride?

And that's cool about the insects..please tell us more haha

On a side note I would love to see Universl take a stab at an attraction with this type of ride system.
The test track/radiator springs racer tech would make for a great Fast & Furious ride. Get back to its roots with a street race ride. I wouldn't mind seeing that take over San Fran.

That would be really cool if it had the drop track system like verbolton maybe where you meet Kong then the track drops but I find it unlikely sense someone allready mentioned it

My question is why is the building so damn tall if it will only be one level. Unless they are making damn tall scenes. Which would be cool.

It's probably just a motion base platform built into the large ride vehicles and a spinning mechanism that would allow the cars to spin independently like gringotts.

The legs through the vehicle thing would be phenomenal if they did it right. This attraction doesn't sound family friendly lol. It would probably give little snowflake constant nightmares but hey, scary is memorable for all the right reasons, bring it on

The only scene I see being tall would be the kong animatronic scene so I'm starting to think we could have a second story to the ride or maybe just maybe the que is on the second floor then it goes down to the first for the ride or vice versa

I haven't read every page of this thread- so this question has probably been answered already at some point- but is the new Kong ride going to be different from what is at the Universal Hollywood park?

This ride is going to be VERY different and much more grand then it's Hollywood counterpart. The scale, execution, technology, theming, media, and overall experience will be lightyears ahead of the Hollywood Tram Toour version. This ride is going to be REDICULOUS! Utilizing new stuff that has never been done before on such a grans scale. Mark my words, it's a game changer.

This ride is going to be VERY different and much more grand then it's Hollywood counterpart. The scale, execution, technology, theming, media, and overall experience will be lightyears ahead of the Hollywood Tram Toour version. This ride is going to be REDICULOUS! Utilizing new stuff that has never been done before on such a grans scale. Mark my words, it's a game changer.
I hope they put extra effort into pacing and storytelling.

OMG, now I am actually getting more excited for this then Avatar at Animal Kingdom! The ride systems for the new rumored attractions at Avatar (Soarin' and boat ride) sound boring compared to the state of the art ride system and effects that Kong is rumored to get. Seems that Universal keeps getting the advanced technology in their new attractions instead of Disney.

Yay!

That's what I was hoping.

What else could they really do with the whole Jurassic Park/World thing? It already has a grand attraction and the only thing that would make sense would be the old proposed helicopter tour but then we'd get whining about screens.

Kong is the original icon of Universal Orlando and he is finally coming back where he belongs. Why anyone would want more Jurassic Park instead is beyond me.

Status
Not open for further replies.