King Kong Speculation Thread | Page 170 | Inside Universal Forums

King Kong Speculation Thread

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm envisioning something like this only bigger.

jurassic-world_0.PNG

I'm hoping for some realistic sets, like with waterfalls, etc. The more of that kind of stuff the more realistic it will feel compared to the screens.

Wow, that's a quality finish! Just looking at the full resolution version of that last photo, it looks very impressive.

Thanks for the shots awhen!

I know I'm late to the party, but my guess to Teebin's riddle is VTUs (aka elevators) like Transformers has to transport the RVs to an upper floor. That would let the ride path be flat but also utilize the height of the show building, and would be "unfeelable" with effect to conceal the lift.

Edit

Never mind, just read the Rockit thread. Oh well, it was a decent guess...

Last edited:
That rock work is giving me chest pains... in a good way. I can't believe we're getting Skull Island after all my prayers.

Aaah... I finally found out what that tan fabric most likely is; heavy duty burlap that is backed by a more loose metal mesh (2"-3" square openings). This system actually comes with the "chairs" attached as can be seen in the following picture. Note the more simple metal triangular chairs that can be seen in the new construction pics.

csm_DSI_shotcrete_mesh_panels_installation_6af117e2d8.jpg

http://www.dsiunderground.com/products/mining/plates-and-mesh/shotcrete-mesh-panels.html

(note that I had to ask someone in the biz to find the answer to this)

Aaah... I finally found out what that tan fabric most likely is; heavy duty burlap that is backed by a more loose metal mesh (2"-3" square openings). This system actually comes with the "chairs" attached as can be seen in the following picture. Note the more simple metal triangular chairs that can be seen in the new construction pics.

We saw Universal use the musion screen in Disaster a couple of years before the Forbidden Journey queue. I wonder if this materail/method is being used on Kong as proof of concept for the water park volcano.

We saw Universal use the musion screen in Disaster a couple of years before the Forbidden Journey queue. I wonder if this materail/method is being used on Kong as proof of concept for the water park volcano.

That is a very good question. I cannot recall seeing it used before, but who knows what I might have missed in the past.

The elevator guess earlier made me wonder, will this ride have 2 floors? Or is it just going to be THAT tall?

I don't believe there will be two floors because I cannot see that two floors will be necessary. That said, I have not been told that there will be two floors and I feel very confident I would have been told, knowing everything else that I do.

I just hope that UC and all else involved get the transports on site and running 5 months before softs. Screw the sets. Those can be finished last minute.

well if i recall you said it was something they've never done at UOR.. they've never done trackless before and what better way to begin than with a trackless Jeep/Truck :cheers:

Status
Not open for further replies.