King Kong Speculation Thread | Page 172 | Inside Universal Forums

King Kong Speculation Thread

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The actual work they're doing on the building looks better than the sample piece they're going from in order to do it, ha.

Easy to forget when watching this start to progress into facade sculpting that half of the facade doesn't even have steel yet. Normally with other projects you wait aeons for work to start on the facade, then it all goes up in a flash. The sheer scale of this means we're gonna be enjoying the progress unfold for a good few months yet :cheers:

The final mystery for me... and I have been thinking about it for months, is how they will handle the transition from a fully themed environ into the mega screen room. Will the projection be playing in 3D and reflect a tranquil jungle that we are passing through until all hell breaks out? Or will we just enter a black hole and wait for the show to start?

Soo...I'm pretty sure the "official" announcement from the Facebook post still isn't going to come for months.

The final mystery for me... and I have been thinking about it for months, is how they will handle the transition from a fully themed environ into the mega screen room. Will the projection be playing in 3D and reflect a tranquil jungle that we are passing through until all hell breaks out? Or will we just enter a black hole and wait for the show to start?

And will you have to put on 3-D glasses for this part but then take them off for the rest of the ride?

Wonder if guests will be instructed to put on the glasses once the ride vehicles are inside, or if you'll wear them while the vehicle is outside in the sunlight. I think that'd be a first for a theme park attraction.

I am guessing that you will need them on for the entire indoor portion of the ride. How they handle it storywise is beyond me.

At King Kong at USH they have a very clever way of getting you to put on your 3D glasses. The tram driver says, "Put on your 3D glasses folks!". :doh:

It's good to have it finally confirmed, although it's been clear especially as of late that it's Skull Island to a T that's being built.

I'd think it'd be the former. I imagine we'll be traveling through real jungle props and they'll transition into the mega screen room in a way that's less noticeable (ie. pushing through bushes or trees to distract us from the fact we've entered a mega screen room. The concept of this ride just screams awesomeness.

Possibly the first ride to use glassless 3D technology?

I doubt it. No glasses 3D technology is still a long way from being applicable in a ride like this, if ever. Most of the no glasses 3D technology out there requires the viewer to be still and view the screen from an exact angle. Nintendo revealed a face tracking technology with its new 3DS that compensates for some movement, but that would be useless when you have a ride system that has 20 or more faces to adjust to all in different locations.

Status
Not open for further replies.