Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Knott's Berry Farm

Ohhh god...I always mix up Jaguar and Montezooma's Revenge...was really excited about them pulsing the theming and while i'm sure it will be good...really was hoping they were aiming to relaunch Jaguar as an E ticket closer to being as themed as a Disneyland coaster

Jaguar could definitely use a little love. Hoping they get around to that at some point.

I actually haven't received it yet, but Knott's started sending out emails yesterday regarding renewal offers for those who have their passes extended until May 5th.

The offer is to renew for the rest of 2022, so approximately 8 months or 2/3 of the year. It's $75 for Regular, $95 for Gold and $175 for Platinum. Dining plan is $95, parking is $65 ($10 savings) and drink plan is $34.99 (no discount). Seems most aren't too excited about it and were expecting a better offer. Some things aren't prorated correctly, especially the Platinum pass. As a reference, Q4 of last year, you could get a 2022 Platinum pass for $198 and get the rest of 2021 free (minus the last 2 weeks of December), including any add-ons like the dining and drink plans.

They're also giving a free bring-a-friend ticket and Scary Farm passes are still $99. Although I'll still likely renew, I'm just a bit disappointed the offer wasn't a bit better for the Platinum pass. At least have it prorated properly. Also, what happened to the loyalty/rewards program that was announced before the pandemic that would incentivize repeat visits?

Probably won’t renew with those “discount” prices. Will wait until next year. Essentially paying near full price for 5 less months. Altough I expect the price of passes next year to be even more expensive due to the cost of goods continuing to rise.

I didn't expect the renewal incentives to be too crazy, so a few months ago I just went ahead and just purchased a brand new 2022 pass with the Scary Farm add on since at the time it was available on the site. I didn't see them on the main Season Pass page as of recently, but I'd assume you can still get them?

The Boysenberry Festival is back and Knott's is touting that it is bigger than ever as the event returns, starting March 18 and running through April 24, 2022.

Normally, I look forward to the Boysenberry Festival every year but this menu just isn’t sticking out to me.

This is just the tasting card menu that is only available from the pop-up booths. Full-sized meals at the each of the permanent eateries that should be eligible on the dining plan will be announced soon. Things like boysenberry butter grilled cheese sandwich or boysenberry western BBQ burger if they decide to bring those back. I agree, though. I'm not impressed with this year's tasting card menu. Hopefully the rest of menu will be better.

This is just the tasting card menu that is only available from the pop-up booths. Full-sized meals at the each of the permanent eateries that should be eligible on the dining plan will be announced soon. Things like boysenberry butter grilled cheese sandwich or boysenberry western BBQ burger if they decide to bring those back. I agree, though. I'm not impressed with this year's tasting card menu. Hopefully the rest of menu will be better.

Oh that is a good point! Lack of vegetarian options this year so far is pretty crazy as well, considering past years have at least included one or two.

After more than seven years, I'll be heading down to Knott's Berry Farm on Monday for a visit.

So far, I've been told to do the new boardwalk, log ride, Xcellerator, the Calico mine ride, and Silver Bullet. Oh, and plenty of funnel cakes and churros. Any other notables?
Ghost Rider is an excellent wooden coaster, but the line is usually the longest in the park. I'd recommend hitting that one early to avoid the crowds. It's definitely a must ride imo.

Yeah, to third Freak and Clive, it's still very accurate advice. Ghostrider consistently sustains a long wait throughout the day, and this is also very true for Haunt where even the fast lane has a sizable line for most of the night. Best way to ride it at that point is getting in line right before park close.

We were invited to Knott's Berry Farm for their preview event for the 2022 Boysenberry Festival, finally making its full return for the first time since 2019.

Welp Xcellerator is down again. Really wondering if Knott's thinks this is worth keeping around much longer?

Also, not the anyone cares, but post number 5,000!

Congrats on 5k!

They just invested some money into the TLC of Xcellerator, but recently it seems to be down more often. I do think that corner of the park has a weird dark cloud over it though. Everything that has been back there has dealt with issues or a early fate haha.

To be fair, he’s not wrong. :lol: Ghostrider is either a rope drop or end-of-the-day ride. There is no inbetween. It gets slammed all day.
Exactly. You miss rope drop or can't stay until closing, there's no riding this. The WORST ops for a coaster I have ever seen. Putting stuff away in the cubbies takes up a lot of time leading to long stacking every dispatch. There have been times though where I ride at closing and still end up waiting close to 120min. BUT, at least there's no Fastlane entering past closing. Park is well past closed and security is just waiting for the line to clear out lol.