Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Knott's Berry Farm

Walls are down for Prop Shop Pizzeria. If you look carefully, there appears to be a large wood fired pizza oven. Interesting that on the sign, "Boysenbrewery" was replaced with "An Italian Kitchen" as shown in the concept art. I wonder if it got removed along with the silos on the roof or if it's still waiting to be installed. This should open in a few weeks if all goes well.

Fiesta Village was rumored for a big renovation. I believe the two or three midway game booths in the area will also be completely removed. From what I understand, the small stage will be made larger too.

Unfortunately, the bathrooms next to Jaguar aren't going to be redone (at least not yet).

Gotta love Knotts and their vague-post

Fiesta Village was rumored for a big renovation. I believe the two or three midway game booths in the area will also be completely removed. From what I understand, the small stage will be made larger too.

Unfortunately, the bathrooms next to Jaguar aren't going to be redone (at least not yet).

Gotta love Knotts and their vague-post

I'd love to see those changes. Some fresh paint, the midway games removed and more of a focus on the stage area could go a long way. My wish list includes an updated Jaguar like we've mentioned before in this thread and also a focus on some better food for this area too.

To be completely honest, the arcade & giftshop is a poor use of the space. Not saying to completely abandon a giftshop in the area.... BUT..

Clear out the arcade & giftshop, fill the space with tables. Bam.. you've got "indoor" seating.

Also those iron tables/chairs need to be melted down & cease to exist lol

I'd love to see those changes. Some fresh paint, the midway games removed and more of a focus on the stage area could go a long way. My wish list includes an updated Jaguar like we've mentioned before in this thread and also a focus on some better food for this area too.

Same, FV felt like it needed a lil refresh. With MR down, it feels like it's a good time to change things up.

Screamscape may have gotten some word as for what's to come for Monty 2.0:

With the temporary removal of the loop on Montezooma’s Revenge, I was reminded that we really haven’t gotten any firm information about exactly what Knott’s has planned for the ride. Digging a little deeper, we may finally have some possible answers, though I’ve also been told that we can probably expect the park to come forward with the details on their own sometime next month.
In the meantime… here is what I’m hearing will take place.
For starters, the park is said to be getting an all new train for the coaster. While Monty can only run one train at a time, I believe they actually have two trains, always keeping one in perpetual refurbishment and when finished they swap them out to refurb the other train. At this time I’m not sure if they are getting a completely brand new train from someone, or if they sent out the spare train to be transformed into something new. Of course a new train can also mean new restraints, but we can only hope they continue the tradition of only trains with lap bars only.
Track… we have heard over time that it is likely that sections of track may be replaced. The removal of the loop this week seems to confirm that particular rumor.
New theming is coming and not just in the queue. From what I’m told the queue and station will be re-themed to that of an “exploration camp”. Special effects are also rumored to be added to the station that will likely enhance the launch sequences. And yes… sequences… as in plural. I’m a little fuzzy on the details but we are hearing something about the new version of the ride rotating through three different possible launch profiles. This along with the update of the old Flywheel launch system to a new modern magnetic launch system means that the new Montezooma’s Revenge could become a multi-launch coaster. Imagine the surprise in store for riders while they wait for the launch, not knowing if the coaster will launch forward or backwards at first. Talk about adding a re-rideability factor, and if that wasn’t enough, there is also a rumored special 4th launch sequence rumored to take place only upon every 100th launch.
The possibilities are kind of interesting when you think of it this way. Lots of work left to be done here ahead of the rumored May 2023 re-opening.
The multi-launch sequence sounds really cool, but I'm kinda mixed about the whole base-camp theme. Part of the appeal for Monty was it's old-school charm. I hope they spiff it up to where it breathes new life into it but not to the point to where its charm is sacrificed for something more modern.

Screamscape may have gotten some word as for what's to come for Monty 2.0:

The multi-launch sequence sounds really cool, but I'm kinda mixed about the whole base-camp theme. Part of the appeal for Monty was it's old-school charm. I hope they spiff it up to where it breathes new life into it but not to the point to where its charm is sacrificed for something more modern.
Thumbs down. Flywheel launch is awesome. The don't need to modernize it.