Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Knott's Scary Farm 2023

Knott's Network is reporting that something is being built in a section of the arcade area under Bear-y Tales. Not sure how big the footprint is, but it looks like either an additional maze or experience is coming.

That's the exact location of Trapped when they first did it for the 40th.

I'm telling y'all! Trapped is coming back!

I'm hoping you're right! The Trapped retrospective panel at Midsummer Scream a few years ago was a blast and the creators had a lot of fun insights. It 100% made me want to try it out. If it's back, I will absolutely be doing it. Maybe we can pull a group together.

I'm hoping you're right! The Trapped retrospective panel at Midsummer Scream a few years ago was a blast and the creators had a lot of fun insights. It 100% made me want to try it out. If it's back, I will absolutely be doing it. Maybe we can pull a group together.
I was 14 when I did trapped. That 2012 year is still the best year KNOTT’S has had recently.

I did all iterations of trapped, it was a lot of fun. The last version, the girl with the riding crop, ouch...(LOL)

Last edited:
What's up y'all. My first post for ksf 2023! Okay so the new, what I'll just call maze for now, I doubt is trapped. They've been clear they want to lean away from exclusive experiences and more into storytelling accessable to everyone. That said, I believe this maze will be themed to the Gore-ing 20s scare zone. I think it's pretty obvious and exciting... Look at this pic I took yesterday.
PXL_20230517_200616025-min.jpg
Boardwalk ballroom has wood on the floor so they are starting work. Main Entrance maze has wall framing along the side and a bunch of wood laying around. Exciting stuff! Can't wait to make my yearly prediction video soon ish!

I’m kinda surprised I didn’t think of a Gore-Ing 20’s house in that location. Probably because it’s so small I didn’t think they could fit a proper house in that space. It would make for a great concept so I hope they do it! Is the whole arcade closed off?

I hope ten houses is as far as they will go. Any more and the quality will suffer. If they are putting a Gore-big 20’s house in there then that squashes my Trapped theory lol

Another small update. Per this audition listing, it looks like a 50th Anniversary show will replace Puppet Up! in the theater.

I’m kinda surprised I didn’t think of a Gore-Ing 20’s house in that location. Probably because it’s so small I didn’t think they could fit a proper house in that space. It would make for a great concept so I hope they do it! Is the whole arcade closed off?

I hope ten houses is as far as they will go. Any more and the quality will suffer. If they are putting a Gore-big 20’s house in there then that squashes my Trapped theory lol
The arcade is open. I would love for them to use the bumper car location again for a maze, but I’m glad we are getting something in the Gore-ing 20’s area regardless. That scare zone is so good.

I was never a fan of puppet up! personally,so glad to have a proper show. Maybe Elvira will make an appearance (purely speculation).

I wonder if the arcade setup could be that speakeasy they keep talking about in Gore-ing Twenties lol.

I was never a fan of puppet up! personally,so glad to have a proper show. Maybe Elvira will make an appearance (purely speculation).

I wonder if the arcade setup could be that speakeasy they keep talking about in Gore-ing Twenties lol.

I would change around my LA plans in October to include Knott's if Cassandra Peterson brings Elvira out of retirement, but I think that's very unlikely.

What it cost to have her during her final year amounted to nearly the cost of two new house builds; so I wouldn’t expect Elvira anywhere near the event

What it cost to have her during her final year amounted to nearly the cost of two new house builds; so I wouldn’t expect Elvira anywhere near the event
Thanks for that, I didn't realise she was so crazy expensive to bring in for the event, makes total sense. She is awesome though, got me up on stage once at her show, that was surreal.

They were saying on the day maze tour that Dark Entities was going as well, but Knott's never confirmed that. It will be interesting to see if that happens. That maze never quite hit for me.

Would pretty much guarantee Cassandra Peterson won't be performing as Elvira this year, but would not be surprised at all if there are tributes. There was a fun Easter egg in the pre show for Invitation to Terror in 2021