Legoland Florida | Page 18 | Inside Universal Forums

Legoland Florida

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Courtesy of Legoland / Facebook

legolandatdusk01s.jpg

Our New York, Miniland USA skyline all lit up at dusk

.​

I don't really get the grand appeal of this place. Even for kids. I mean it seems like I'd maybe pay $10 to see once. I really wonder how they are going to keep this place busy in a year or two.

Here's Legolands first solution for bridging the gap from Orlando. A very cheap Shuttlebus

Leave the hassle of transportation to the experts and begin your LEGOLAND® Florida experience before you leave Orlando with the LEGOLAND Shuttle. In partnership with Annett Bus Lines and Orlando Premium Outlets® - Vineland Ave, guests can arrive in style to Central Florida’s newest theme park for a special preview price of $5 roundtrip, per person.

The LEGOLAND Shuttle lets families enjoy their time together in a fun and safe way without the worry of navigation or parking. With families’ safety in mind, this shuttle is equipped with seatbelts.

“We know that families traveling with small children want a safe and easy option to get from Orlando to LEGOLAND Florida,” said Kim Isemann, Director of Sales and Marketing. “With the new LEGOLAND Shuttle, we are giving our guests both at an incredible value.”

Only a short 45 minutes from the outlets, the shuttle will depart daily at 9 a.m. from Orlando Premium Outlets - Vineland Ave and return in the evening after the park closes. To ensure a seat on the bus, guests must book their transportation on www.LEGOLAND.com under the “Buy Tickets” tab.

image.axd

I think the shuttle bus is a brilliant idea on LEGOLand's part. A vast majority of the out-of-state/country tourists would be turned off by having to navigate 45 minutes southwest of Orlando on state roads. It's not an easy, direct route to Winter Haven. The shuttle bus makes things easier for everybody. I just wonder on the bus's schedule and frequency.

If LEGOLand is successful(which I think it will be), I believe they should look into building a LEGO Hotel in Orlando, similar to what LEGOLand California is doing. And of course they can offer guests complimentary shuttle service to LEGOLand. I think that can boost sales even more. And maybe even get LEGOLand on the Orlando Flex Ticket with Univesal, Wet 'n Wild, Sea World, Aquatica, & Busch Gardens?

this park is going 2 do well imo

Here in the UK, our Legoland is nothing compared to anything in Florida and I fear this new one will be the same.

Yes, it's great for kids BUT the capacity of some of the ride's in horrendous. The Laser Raiders ride (shown in that video), if the same as our version, will have THE longest queues of anything you've ever seen for such a disappointing ride.

I believe you are getting our old Lego Jungle Coaster (had to be removed from here due to noise issues), this ride is ok, quite fun but, again, nothing compared to your current parks.

I wish the very best for this park but I honestly don't think it's going to do well. How big is the family market there? I'm coming out next Monday for 3 weeks (1 on Disney, 2 on I-Drive) and hope to experience the more recent developments from when I last went in 2004.

That was a cool little preview video. My 4 year old daughter is gonna love this park. While the park won't compare to any other park in central FL to adults, for young kids this will be great! No other park in central FL, with the exception of the Magic Kingdom, has more rides and attractions specifically for young kids than LEGOLAND. Also, the LEGO brand is still very popular even now. LEGO bricks will never get old, but LEGO's expansion into video games and other divisions has really turned LEGO into one of the most well-recognized toy names for kids in the 21st century. I strongly believe this park has a great chance of succeeding.

Tour Miniland USA at Legoland Florida, construction is almost

[video=youtube;tSeteZ4NPZE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tSeteZ4NPZE[/video]

Take a tour of the large Miniland USA area of Legoland Florida. The area is still under construction but it mostly complete. The areas of Miniland include Daytona Speedway, Kennedy Space Center, Tampa, Key West, St. Augustine, Pirates, Las Vegas, New York City, San Francisco, and Washington D.C.
Legoland Florida opens on Oct. 15, 2011.