Legoland Florida | Page 20 | Inside Universal Forums

Legoland Florida

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Winter Haven mulls drive-thrus near Legoland

From Orlando Sentinel
According to our friends at the Lakeland Ledger, Winter Haven city commissioners have an interesting topic for discussion tonight: Whether to limit drive-thrus at a much-touted development near Legoland Florida.

Ryan Little of the Ledger reports that commissioners will take up a rezoning application for The Landings at their Monday meeting. The retail-restaurant-lodging project was touted as something that would draw Legoland visitors toward downtown Winter Haven -- and presumably, encourage them to get out of their cars and stay awhile.

Drive-thrus don't seem to mesh with that goal, but not everyone agrees with city staffers' recommendation to limit the number of drive-thrus in the development to five.

You can read the details from the Ledger here.

It's interesting to see how theme parks affect the local community, government, and businesses. To think this much effort goes into opening a Wendy's! :lol:

And the current trend of announcing bigger announcements continues! :rolleyes:

Orlando Theme Park News reports....
Early next week, LEGOLAND Florida will announce additional details regarding the waterpark that is scheduled to open to the public early this coming summer. Among the various information that will be officially released, the park confirmed that some new renderings of the different park areas (including; Build-A-Raft, DUPLO Safari, Joker Soaker, and the big wave pool) will be made public. It will be very interesting to have a better idea of how the refurbished waterpark will look like!

I posted a page back about the previous waterpark announcement, you can find it here: http://www.orlandounited.com/forums/showthread.php?3749-Legoland-Florida&p=207455#post207455

Orlando Attractions Magazine
An artist drawing of Legoland's new water park. It opens in May.

33041010150548559109330.jpg

.​

They say this will be open by early summer. So this is already under construction or are they once again using some kind of existing infrastructure?

^ Thanks for posting that! I finally get it now. :wave:
Some of you might shoot me, but I can see where this park is a far better experience for children 3-12 than the MK. So many cool little rides!

BTW, why no pictures of the waterpark construction on here?

Last edited:
I was implying that if a mother and father have children (family) between those ages then the value & experience seems better at Legoland.

Of course you would. Lord forbid you let a conversation go by, especially one being as irrelevant as Legoland, without shamelessly belittling Disney. There are more "cool little rides" at MK than Legoland can boast, for the record. Legoland's appeal (to me, anyhow) is that it is off the beaten path and a little more intimate than Orlando parks. But this doesn't make it any more or less family-friendly.

On a different note, I reeeelly would like to revisit Legoland soon. It's in my hometown, after all :)