Live Theatre / Musicals | Page 15 | Inside Universal Forums

Live Theatre / Musicals

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
It was short-lived due to covid obviously, BUT it was a huge hit. If it wasn't, they wouldn't bother to bring it to Broadway. From the minimal footage, it looks amazing.

They use the similar screen tech as Bourne Stuntacular to make the DeLorean reach 88mph on stage.

There's been persistent rumors (plus their OWN INSTAGRAM ACCOUNT) that the Company revival filmed a proshot. That cannot come out quick enough after it closes.

Sadly, I believe Matt Doyle shot down those rumors and clarified there is no pro shot. The footage was used for the PBS Great Performances doc series.

Elaine Paige has a regular musical show on BBC Radio 2 every Sunday (I recommend if you can access the BBC Sounds app or website). She played Haus of Holbein last week and afterwards advised that the original cast remained together at the Vaudeville Theatre in London to film. Public performances were suspended for 4 nights to do so. Its all here from around 09:30 (or 07:25 if you want to listen to the track first :) ) Elaine Paige on Sunday 26/06/2022

Reactions: Legacy
Looks like there's a new article about BTTF coming next year, with some possible leads on where it's going.

‘Back To The Future’ Musical’s DeLorean Star Car Revs Up For Broadway Opening In 2023

Most notably, it sounds like rumors are indicating the show will land at...Winter Garden. If that's the case, I'd probably see Music Man sooner than later. And then I'd see BTTF as soon as possible once it opens, before the theater catches wind of another revival they want.

Reactions: Cup_Of_Coffee
Lea Michelle is officially replacing Beanie Feldstein in Funny Girl beginning Sept 6th. Beanie posted last night she is ending her run early at the end of this month, because “the production has decided to go in a different direction”.

My guess is she was fired/forced out. I know she wasn’t great, but this sounds crappy. Jane Lynch also leaving earlier than expected, albeit just a few weeks. Lots of juice here lol

Lea Michelle is officially replacing Beanie Feldstein in Funny Girl beginning Sept 6th. Beanie posted last night she is ending her run early at the end of this month, because “the production has decided to go in a different direction”.

My guess is she was fired/forced out. I know she wasn’t great, but this sounds crappy. Jane Lynch also leaving earlier than expected, albeit just a few weeks. Lots of juice here lol
Lea trying to revitalize her Spring Awakening popularity, riding that HBO doc and the Tony appearance… :ugh:

I saw the revival with Beanie. I thought she was good, but not exceptional, which I understand can be a dealbreaker for this type of show. That said, I had a very enjoyable evening and did not regret paying what I did.

I saw the revival with Beanie. I thought she was good, but not exceptional, which I understand can be a dealbreaker for this type of show. That said, I had a very enjoyable evening and did not regret paying what I did.
Cousin saw it and said same thing, Beanie couldn’t sing but she didn’t care cause she loves Beanie and her acting seemed to make up for it. Also Jane Lynch supposedly great.