Lurkers & New Members: PLEASE READ | Page 4 | Inside Universal Forums

Lurkers & New Members: PLEASE READ

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I haven't been there before but after extensive research (and your remarks here) I am inclined to be a little scared lol...

Thanks to hatetofly for starting this thread! I agree this is a much more inviting site than other forums. I feel bad for not having insider info or picture updates to contribute, but I appreciate all of the information that comes out of these pages. I vow to post more often!!!

Just noticed I got well over 100 posts, :happy: guess Im not a lurker any more :happy:

I in the top 10 too :peace:

Last edited:
I haven't been there before but after extensive research (and your remarks here) I am inclined to be a little scared lol...

The thing is, in places like those the more energetic you are the more money you make. Be over the top, polite, funny, and do everything in your power to make sure the kids are having a GREAT TIME!!

Thanks to hatetofly for starting this thread! I agree this is a much more inviting site than other forums. I feel bad for not having insider info or picture updates to contribute, but I appreciate all of the information that comes out of these pages. I vow to post more often!!!

Don't feel bad for NOT having pictures or info to contribute. What most people don't realize is three years ago I had zero connections, I mean none! Heck I don't think I emptied my PM box the first 18 months I was here :lol: But after three years and meeting the right people (all through this website) my connections are crazy awesome now. I have built friendships, connections, and learned more about the "business" side of things than I ever thought possible. I also get a crazy amount of PM's which I love to read and reach out to people. Unless they ask whats coming next or for more info that I'm not allowed to talk about :lol: I as well as the rest of the staff just want to get a great base of people talking about the parks. The more new people we get to join in on the conversation the easier it is for others to see just how easy and fun it is just to talk about the hobby we all love.

Just noticed I got well over 100 posts, :happy: guess Im not a lurker any more :happy:

I in the top 10 too :peace:

Well look at you, think about how your lungs can hold so much more air thanks to us :lol:

I am some what intimidated to post as I don't know all of the techinical stuff that many of you do and probably don't fall into the general age demographic here.
Please don't be intimidated when we start discussing technical stuff. Just ask if you don't understand and one of us will be glad to help you figure it out. :thumbs:

And as far as the technical terms would it help if we created a cheat sheet thread for everyone to follow up on terminology, abbreviations, and definitions? Any feedback to make this forum better is appreciated.
Great idea HtF. Maybe we should start a technical question thread. Questions would be only technical and construction related. I have to think on this a little more to figure out the best way to handle this without tying it to a specific project. Top post could be a running list of tech/construction terms.

Bob your one of our more "educated" people in construction and building terminology so if you want to start it, we can add as we go and as you said keep the top post as the cheat sheet :thumbs:

Thread has been started for members only. So, if you have not joined yet PLEASE do so now. You'll be glad you did!

Thread is located here --> Technical & Construction Questions Thread

Don't feel bad for NOT having pictures or info to contribute. What most people don't realize is three years ago I had zero connections, I mean none! Heck I don't think I emptied my PM box the first 18 months I was here :lol: But after three years and meeting the right people (all through this website) my connections are crazy awesome now. I have built friendships, connections, and learned more about the "business" side of things than I ever thought possible. I also get a crazy amount of PM's which I love to read and reach out to people. Unless they ask whats coming next or for more info that I'm not allowed to talk about :lol: I as well as the rest of the staff just want to get a great base of people talking about the parks. The more new people we get to join in on the conversation the easier it is for others to see just how easy and fun it is just to talk about the hobby we all love.

I was also in the same boat. When I first joined here, I felt like I had nothing to contribute. I loved the parks but I didn't know how things were run, how certain attractions and effects worked, and construction terminology. Now three years later, I have learned so much through these forums and the amazing users here. I now contribute here on a regular basis and I love this place. Point being, if you feel that you have nothing to contribute, join anyway and join the conversation. You just might surprise yourself.

Also, welcome to all the new users! :welcome: We're glad to have you aboard and I look forward to reading what you guys have to say.

Thanks Bob for creating that thread. When it comes to construction talk, I get a little lost. :lol: I understand some of it but with the help of the new thread I feel that I will now be able to understand a lot more. :thumbs:

I found that just posting my ideas or opinions on something make a great contribution. It starts good discussions sometimes, sprouts into even more ideas, or makes people think of something that they haven't thought of before. Everyone thinks of something that another guy hasn't exactly thought of, so a lot of ideas pooled together really do make for great discussion.

Growing up and living in Central Texas, I have gone to Six Flags over Texas, Six Flags Fiesta Texas and the now defunct Astroworld. With Six Flags being my bar, I was completely blown away when I got to Disney.....

I first went to Disney/UO in 2009 with my daughter on a school trip. Since I had never been to a Disney Park before I started scouring the internet on anything and everything that pertained to Orlando. I came across Orlando United and immediately found my source of information. That trip was only four days, three at Disney and one at Universal. Since then I have come back 9 times since then, usually taking two weeks of vacation, one at UO and the other at Disney.

Orlando United has been a fantastic resource to me from the beginning. My children and I waited for the opportune moment and hit Universal just a week before the official Wizarding World opening, which we learned about here. It was out of this world! Having the knowledge before hand of what to expect and where to stay (onsite), getting free fast passes and getting into WWOHP before the general public. We went again later that winter and could barely breathe it was so jam packed with people.

Reading about the WDW that 'was' as opposed to what is there now makes me a little sad that I had not gone earlier. However, after reading HTF's column about the new WDW President, hopefully I will get to see it in all its glory again soon.

Like one of the other lurkers had stated, I do not know a lot of the jargon or manufacturer names that are thrown around, but I am having fun trying to catch up and learn all I can about both resorts.

I do have one question though, at IOA, near the entrance of Confiscos, is the gate to the Explorers Club, which in turn leads up and out to the bridge that goes over the main street. It seems that this area should be off limits, but it has always been open and there are no signs or CM's to deter my access to the bridge. So, is this a 'no-go' area or not? I have been up there several times with no problems...

Thanks!

Welcome and it's a no go area that's not enforced but maybe 10% of the time.

Hey there everyone! I'm a longtime lurker that finally decided to become an official member! As a central Floridian I find myself at the parks often...I love to share the hobby with other fans!

This is a great site and I'm glad to finally be a part of it!

Hey there everyone! I'm a longtime lurker that finally decided to become an official member! As a central Floridian I find myself at the parks often...I love to share the hobby with other fans!

Thanks for deciding to sign up! We're glad to have you here! :wave: Any annual passes?

Growing up and living in Central Texas, I have gone to Six Flags over Texas, Six Flags Fiesta Texas and the now defunct Astroworld. With Six Flags being my bar, I was completely blown away when I got to Disney.....

I first went to Disney/UO in 2009 with my daughter on a school trip. Since I had never been to a Disney Park before I started scouring the internet on anything and everything that pertained to Orlando. I came across Orlando United and immediately found my source of information. That trip was only four days, three at Disney and one at Universal. Since then I have come back 9 times since then, usually taking two weeks of vacation, one at UO and the other at Disney.

Orlando United has been a fantastic resource to me from the beginning. My children and I waited for the opportune moment and hit Universal just a week before the official Wizarding World opening, which we learned about here. It was out of this world! Having the knowledge before hand of what to expect and where to stay (onsite), getting free fast passes and getting into WWOHP before the general public. We went again later that winter and could barely breathe it was so jam packed with people.

Reading about the WDW that 'was' as opposed to what is there now makes me a little sad that I had not gone earlier. However, after reading HTF's column about the new WDW President, hopefully I will get to see it in all its glory again soon.

Like one of the other lurkers had stated, I do not know a lot of the jargon or manufacturer names that are thrown around, but I am having fun trying to catch up and learn all I can about both resorts.

I do have one question though, at IOA, near the entrance of Confiscos, is the gate to the Explorers Club, which in turn leads up and out to the bridge that goes over the main street. It seems that this area should be off limits, but it has always been open and there are no signs or CM's to deter my access to the bridge. So, is this a 'no-go' area or not? I have been up there several times with no problems...

Thanks!

Welcome to one of the friendliest and most helpful forums around.:thumbs:

been lurking around for a few months (sounds a bit stalkerish! lol) and finally decided to join... i'm from East Midlands in the UK so spend most my theme park time at Alton Towers... if i had the money i would def do UNI/WDW more (only been once in 04)... going for a trip in september this year sooo excited, but also slightly gutted that harry potter part two will be done after wards :( but transformers should be open so i guess i can't complain tooo much!

Glad to see everyone is taking the step to be a bigger part of our forum. Look forward to seeing you all around the boards. :thumbs:

been lurking around for a few months (sounds a bit stalkerish! lol) and finally decided to join... i'm from East Midlands in the UK so spend most my theme park time at Alton Towers... if i had the money i would def do UNI/WDW more (only been once in 04)... going for a trip in september this year sooo excited, but also slightly gutted that harry potter part two will be done after wards :( but transformers should be open so i guess i can't complain tooo much!

I'm frequently at ATs and will be in Orlando in September :thumbs: will probably bump into you along the way.

There have beem a lot of changes since 04 you have so much to look forward to, potter is another excuse to go back.

See you around the boards mate.

Ps Im from Derby, Fair result yesterday:thumbs:

I'm going 10th to 24th September not decided where on which days yet like just so excited to see it all! I can imagine and this time ill hopefully go on more rides in 04 was quite scared of the bigger rides so avoided them so fingers crossed this time ill "woman up" although I'm seeing pictures of some and thinking yeah I ain't going on that!!

I aim to go back in 2015/2016 with my sister since she can't join me this time so I shall see potter part two hopefully!

Haha! I haven't seen the score don't really follow football can only imagine at work tomorrow if it was a derby win ill get teased (I work in derby!)

I'm going 10th to 24th September not decided where on which days yet like just so excited to see it all! I can imagine and this time ill hopefully go on more rides in 04 was quite scared of the bigger rides so avoided them so fingers crossed this time ill "woman up" although I'm seeing pictures of some and thinking yeah I ain't going on that!!

I aim to go back in 2015/2016 with my sister since she can't join me this time so I shall see potter part two hopefully!

Haha! I haven't seen the score don't really follow football can only imagine at work tomorrow if it was a derby win ill get teased (I work in derby!)

It's a small world, now that song is stuck la la lala la la la. :lol: It was one each in the footy so will be fine at work:thumbs:

Ask away if you want any advice on the parks every one is really friendly and helpful.

And yep you need to "woman up" and hit those rides:p