Madagascar Live! Operation: Vacation | Inside Universal Forums

Madagascar Live! Operation: Vacation

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
So was this what HTF was referring to with his new location? The announcement of this pretty much kills A Crate Adventure coming to UO, but I wonder how this will affect Dreamwork's relationship with Universal after this. Will the meets and greets go at USF?

So was this what HTF was referring to with his new location? The announcement of this pretty much kills A Crate Adventure coming to UO, but I wonder how this will affect Dreamwork's relationship with Universal.

As I have said in the past, as of now, there is no relationship with Universal Orlando Resort and Dreamworks animation. Their licensing agreement was finished in 2011 and was not renewed.

Shrek is still around because it's on a different contract.

I also want to see Kidzone redeveloped, badly.. Something about that attraction doesn't sit right with me. By the time it would be built, I think the characters would be a distant memory to a lot of people. I would rather them focus on something either more timeless or more current for a major addition. I guess I am not a fan of the Dreamworks properties other than HTTYD.

Now, a light theming overlay is another story.

Found some more details on the show. From Tampa Bay Online,

TAMPA --
Busch Gardens will soon premiere a live-performance musical based on the "Madagascar" series of animated films.

"Madagascar Live! Operation: Vacation," an original 20-minute show, will follow the antics of Alex the lion, Gloria the hippo, Melman the giraffe, Marty the zebra, King Julien the lemur and the penguins.

The show, featuring live singers, dancers and musicians, opens May 18 at the Tampa theme park.

The show's characters also will conduct meet-and-greets with park guests.

Co-branded merchandise exclusive to the parks will also be available.

SeaWorld Parks & Entertainment, which operates Busch Gardens, said "Madagascar Live!" will premiere at SeaWorld in San Diego in June. The company said in a news release it may expand the show to other parks in the future.

The three "Madagascar" films, starring the voices of actors Ben Stiller, Chris Rock and Jada Pinkett Smith and David Schwimmer have grossed more than $1.8 billion worldwide.

Why hasn't KidZone looked at HTTYD and Kung Fu Panda for attractions? They are both more timeless and more current than the Madagascar movies.

Three hit movies, a successful spin-off show on Nickelodeon, holiday specials and more is nothing to sneer at. It's a big franchise and this would've done really well at Universal Orlando. It's a loss but a nice fit for Busch Gardens as well.

having a successful show from the franchise doesn't mean much considering the HTTYD and KFP also have successful shows. :look:

and just cause they make enough money to make more movies doesn't necessarily equate to timelessness or determine whether or not it's equally as current as HTTYD and KFP.

Reactions: Mike
having a successful show from the franchise doesn't mean much considering the HTTYD and KFP also have successful shows. :look:

and just cause they make enough money to make more movies doesn't necessarily equate to timelessness or determine whether or not it's equally as current as HTTYD and KFP.

Kung Fu Panda's show isn't doing too good in the ratings department. Yes, there is a sequel coming out in 2016, but will people care about KFP in 2016?

Why hasn't KidZone looked at HTTYD and Kung Fu Panda for attractions? They are both more timeless and more current than the Madagascar movies.

I was hoping we would get Crate Adventure, but I'd gladly take an attraction based on one of those properties instead!

Well, it's been a franchise for 8 years already and each movie has made bigger box-office than the last. That has to count for something.

This is definitely a good fit for BGT! Well, and also SW (San Diego now, and maybe Orlando in the future, since they mentioned possibly expanding to other parks.)

Kung Fu Panda would be nice! Especially with some Chinese theming :thumbs:

Ehhhh, I'm just wondering how long the deal is and so on. Maybe a crossed wire somewhere along the way. I was sent info pertaining to the franchise and obviously I didn't decipher the code well enough and automatically labeled it as the Kidszone overlay. That's what happens when you assume right. Regardless though I still want to see the fine print for peace of mind :lol:

Ehhhh, I'm just wondering how long the deal is and so on. Maybe a crossed wire somewhere along the way. I was sent info pertaining to the franchise and obviously I didn't decipher the code well enough and automatically labeled it as the Kidszone overlay. That's what happens when you assume right. Regardless though I still want to see the fine print for peace of mind :lol:

I know a guy who works for SeaWorld Parks and he says this won't be the only thing they do with the characters.

Agree it's very interesting seeing it go to the Busch parks and not Uni but will still make the trek to Tampa to check it out. For those who haven't seen it HTTYD musical is anamazing show

I know a guy who works for SeaWorld Parks and he says this won't be the only thing they do with the characters.

Where the hell were you days ago then to stop me from putting my foot in my mouth?

Damn it man. It's all good, at least I was close :lol: