Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Magic Kingdom (General Discussion)

So they teased the refurbishment of the Walter E. Disney locomotive, but no mention of when the WDWRR will reopen...

I think we're looking at mid-to-late 2022. They are getting closer and if they only needed to lay the tracks it would be really soon since the path is finally defined. A tunnel still needs to be built for the train to go through though, which will be under the Tron walkway/entrance.

I think we're looking at mid-to-late 2022. They are getting closer and if they only needed to lay the tracks it would be really soon since the path is finally defined. A tunnel still needs to be built for the train to go through though, which will be under the Tron walkway/entrance.
Yea, we’ll be getting the train back before Tron opens, but I wished they could’ve started this work sooner. We’ve gone so long without the train.

Here's an update on the route the train will take under Tron. This will be an enclosed tunnel when all is said and done.
disney-world-railroad-tron-tunnel-construction-2.jpg

so another concrete underpass for the MK train route by the looks of it. I can't believe this walkway is the reason the train will continue being down for the next year. You would think they would have made this a priority during the covid closure.

Apparently there's a quote floating around out there from an Imagineer about how the railroad will be "enhanced," or some such thing, when it re-opens, so I would expect that's tacit confirmation of at least some sort of TRON-y projections inside that tunnel.

Apparently there's a quote floating around out there from an Imagineer about how the railroad will be "enhanced," or some such thing, when it re-opens, so I would expect that's tacit confirmation of at least some sort of TRON-y projections inside that tunnel.

to Disney the “enhanced” part is the concrete underpass. I don’t see how there’s enough room under the walk way to have a tunnel long enough for projections to work appropriately. If anything the canopy itself is the enhancement since you are passing through it.

to Disney the “enhanced” part is the concrete underpass. I don’t see how there’s enough room under the walk way to have a tunnel long enough for projections to work appropriately. If anything the canopy itself is the enhancement since you are passing through it.
A big strobe flash to transport you and the train to the future. Might even be green

so another concrete underpass for the MK train route by the looks of it. I can't believe this walkway is the reason the train will continue being down for the next year. You would think they would have made this a priority during the covid closure.

They're gonna take another year just to finish that?

This can't be good...

I would think it would have to be pretty bad to roll through the park rather than the backstage road just behind those buildings.

I just saw someone pitch the idea that they tear down one side of Space Mountain (whichever side is rougher) and replace that side with an RMC Raptor. Similar to MSO/G. I hate that I saw this because now I really wish it would happen but know it never will lol.

Can anyone help figure out why Haunted has consistently been one of the higher wait attractions at MK lately? It's currently at 70 minutes sandwiched in between Peter Pan at 75 minutes and Jungle Cruise at 65 minutes.

Jungle seems to have a renewed popularity since the movie and refurb and we know it and Peter Pan are on the lower capacity side of things. But Haunted, a continuously loading omnimover with double the capacity, is consistently up there. More LL handed out than the other rides?