Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Magic Kingdom (General Discussion)

Can anyone help figure out why Haunted has consistently been one of the higher wait attractions at MK lately? It's currently at 70 minutes sandwiched in between Peter Pan at 75 minutes and Jungle Cruise at 65 minutes.

Jungle seems to have a renewed popularity since the movie and refurb and we know it and Peter Pan are on the lower capacity side of things. But Haunted, a continuously loading omnimover with double the capacity, is consistently up there. More LL handed out than the other rides?

I wonder if this is more of a Genie thing than a Lightning thing. It seems like if Disney really wanted to push the “planning” part of the Genie system they’d use high-capacity rides like Haunted Mansion as “anchors” against which to leverage traffic patterns. As in, they raise and lower the wait time artificially to move people accordingly.

I doubt it actually ever gets to 70 minutes (I think the last time I waited in a FULL queue including the little shed down by the water, it was a little over 30). But I wonder if they post it that way when they want to direct people to other rides and keep their crowd flows matching their models. And because it’s such a high capacity ride, the people who don’t fall for it and get in line anyway don’t really suffer any adverse effect.

I’d love to spend just a day running their operations analytics just out of sheer curiosity.

I feel like that would go better on LiveLeak.

But seriously, do these people saying this not realize that building a new park would only make the cost cutting measures worse? I hope EU is the final new gate Uni adds.
It has been a fan dream for 20 years to have a new park to play in. Most have "done" the existing parks to the point they are bored with them due to lack of development and want something new so who cares about the operational and financial constraints they just want and want like a 12 yo.
Parks management know the vocal fans are a small part of the base so spend little on keeping them happy while spending little on upgrades (new additions notwithstanding) then spending on attracting the people that have never been so it is all fresh to them.

Last edited:
Ok if I see one more person say Disney needs to open another park in Orlando I am going to put a pencil through my eye (maybe not the best thread to put this but whatever).

Please don't. You only have two eyes and it didn't work out too well for the guy who went to teach the Joker some manners.

It has been a fan dream for 20 years to have a new park to play in. Most have "done" the existing parks to the point they are bored with them due to lack of development and want something new so who cares about the operational and financial constraints they just want and want like a 12 yo.
Parks management know the vocal fans are a small part of the base so spend little on keeping them happy while spending little on upgrades (new additions notwithstanding) then spending on attracting the people that have never been so it is all fresh to them.

I think that people also are hoping that a new park would fix the capacity issues. The current parks need to be fixed instead of dollars needing to be spread over five theme parks and two water parks. Also, until they figure out how to rein in WDI costs, they will spend $2.0B with just five rides. Ironically, the same amount that MyMagic+ was supposed to have cost.

Lots of dates announced:

Also, new road signage. The Blue/Yellow color scheme is becoming a common sight around property now.
new-disney-world-road-sign-color-scheme-4.jpg

Universal announced a year for Epic!

Quick! What have we got!?
Except no onne cares about this stuff unless you're at the park. And even then, if you don't have kids the only thing decent out of this bunch is Festival of Fantasy, which is almost 10 years old as is. Time for a replacement parade to get some of the new animated stuff a chance to be represented.

The new signage is classy... but also pretty boring. The old signs -- as much as they screamed "IT'S THE '90S!" -- were eye-catching, and the combination of colors evoked a kind of playfulness.
Those signs definitely said "you're at Walt Disney World", but like you said, they were so outdated. If they are making the change (which let's be honest, will take quite awhile to replace the whole resort worth of signs), i'm glad that they at least look nice.

The new signage is classy... but also pretty boring. The old signs -- as much as they screamed "IT'S THE '90S!" -- were eye-catching, and the combination of colors evoked a kind of playfulness.

That describes the entire approach Disney has taken for the last several years now. You could argue media and retail everywhere as a whole. This minimalist approach is a drag.