Magic Kingdom (General Discussion) | Page 36 | Inside Universal Forums

Magic Kingdom (General Discussion)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I don't love the narrator, but I do love the "now is the time, now is the best time" reference. That's a very inside inclusion that most guests won't "get," but those who do will appreciate.

ETA: Listened to the whole audio of the ride, and it's very good stuff. Tons of classic references that don't draw attention to themselves.

Last edited:
Apologies for the double post, but here's the new and complete PeopleMover narration:

And in other good news, the finale of Carousel of Progress has been gently updated. New clothing and hairstyles for the AAs.

These are great little updates. Wonderfully done.

This ending doesn’t even have a carphone!

Could they at least rerecord the mom's and grandfather's narration to drop the carphone and laser disk references? lol

Reactions: Alicia
I overheard something at TTC today I hadn't thought of before. Since park reservations are full each day for MK, apparently ticket sellers are selling park hoppers to guests for parks with available reservations with the idea that they go to DAK/EPCOT/DHS first, and then after 2 park hop back to MK. I wonder how this will change attendance for the other 3 parks, and how much more money Disney will make because people have to park hop to get into MK now.

Could they at least rerecord the mom's and grandfather's narration to drop the carphone and laser disk references? lol
That's honestly all they need to do to get the 80's out of the scene (if I had my choice, i'd change the look of the room a bit, but beggars can't be choosers).

The thing is though, I don't think this gets any narration update unless they just bring in 100% new voice actors to justify the cost of changing the dialogue + being able to promote it as an updated attraction.

There were rumors a few years ago that Tom Hanks was in talks to voice John, which I think would be great voice casting, but unless he's a big Disney fan and willing to do it cheap, he's probably too expensive for them.

Reactions: SeventyOne

BM indicates their sources say Disney wants the Railroad open by the end of the year (along with TRON).
Doesn't surprise me at all. I was originally thinking Tron could open for the 51st anniversary/Epcot's 40th on October 1, but the closer we get without it being passed over to Ops, the more I think it'll be an early December open, much like New Fantasyland and RotR.

Disney has said Tron will be open during the 50th anniversary celebration, which means if they are to hit that, the latest it can open is March 31, 2023. There's no reason why the ride shouldn't be able to open before then given it's been cycling for awhile already and the train's track is almost fully connected again.

Also worth mentioning that the Space Mountain gift shop is going down in August, assumably to finish up the work that they've been doing to slightly widen the pathway to TRON. Also, there might be some cosmetic work done to bring the shop's exterior out of the 90's as this is what it looked like in the most recent Tron concept art:
tron-concept-art-06042018-2.jpg

I had the misfortune of going to this park on a Saturday morning recently.

What a miserable, sticky experience. I think Magic Kingdom on a hot summer day should be considered for capital punishment. If you're not packed like a sardine in an overly-long line, you're probably getting cooked on some unshaded concrete sidewalk, and that isn't even counting the 30-45 minute odyssey from the parking lot to the actual park entrance.

This park has some classic rides, but overall, it's so damn outdated. Tomorrowland and Fantasyland need serious overhauls, especially when compared to their counterparts worldwide. They just feel like generic concrete lots when you look at Tomorrowland Shanghai and the upcoming Fantasy Springs at DisneySea. Why do so many people continue to flock to this overrated park? Fireworks? Meet-and-greets? Goodwill built over the generations? Please explain.

Also... Space Mountain. Holy Christ. My neck almost snapped right off. Charming theming, but that ride feels like it's trying to murder you. After fifty years, it might be time for a complete re-track.

Until adequate change occurs, I hereon refer to this park as... drumroll... Tragic Kingdom.

Reactions: tielo
Why do so many people continue to flock to this overrated park?

Speaking only for myself:

- PeopleMover
- Carousel of Progress
- Space Mountain
- Haunted Mansion
- Hall of Presidents
- Liberty Belle Riverboat
- Big Thunder Mountain Railroad
- Splash Mountain
- Country Bear Jamboree
- Pirates of the Caribbean
- Enchanted Tiki Room
- Jungle Cruise

I could name more.

Shorter version: I continue to visit the park because it has a lot of attractions I enjoy.

Speaking only for myself:

- PeopleMover
- Carousel of Progress
- Space Mountain
- Haunted Mansion
- Hall of Presidents
- Liberty Belle Riverboat
- Big Thunder Mountain Railroad
- Splash Mountain
- Country Bear Jamboree
- Pirates of the Caribbean
- Enchanted Tiki Room
- Jungle Cruise

I could name more.

Shorter version: I continue to visit the park because it has a lot of attractions I enjoy.

I second this. I said nostalgia for some and rite of passage for others but a third is actual enjoyment. We go to ride Pirates, Haunted Mansion, Jungle Cruise, and some others but we also go when it isn't 100 degrees. It's a contrary position. I want Disney to run the parks differently (aka my way which would probably be a horrible mistake) but I honestly enjoy going there. We stay onsite even though we know the costs are trumped up but it does feel like home.

Reactions: belloq87
I second this. I said nostalgia for some and rite of passage for others but a third is actual enjoyment. We go to ride Pirates, Haunted Mansion, Jungle Cruise, and some others but we also go when it isn't 100 degrees. It's a contrary position. I want Disney to run the parks differently (aka my way which would probably be a horrible mistake) but I honestly enjoy going there. We stay onsite even though we know the costs are trumped up but it does feel like home.

And I have no doubt that going on a weekend during the summer would be an absolutely miserable experience, both for temperature and crowd levels.

But every time I've gone in the last ten years, I've been able to hit between 15 and 19 attractions in an eight/nine-hour day, and for that reason, I think it's still the park in Orlando that supplies the best value for the money.

Reactions: Mad Dog