Magic Kingdom (General Discussion) | Page 35 | Inside Universal Forums

Magic Kingdom (General Discussion)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

I’m glad they did this for CM’s, it’s good to see they’re doing something nice for them for once.

They do cast member appreciation days at MK every year for all CMs, but this one was extra special as it was for those who have worked for the company for 10 years or longer.

Reactions: JoeCamel
Free-roaming AAs. Never forget Lucky the Dinosaur. He lasted, what, a month? PUSH worked a little better, because if he broke down, well hey, its just a trash can there!

I just don’t think you can run free roaming AAs in Orlando. The park guests just don’t allow for it. Guests there are conditioned to line up at the first sight of a character which defeats the purpose. Contrast that with Disneyland guests that are far more used to free roaming characters in general, interact with them then move on and dont form a line.

I just don’t think you can run free roaming AAs in Orlando. The park guests just don’t allow for it. Guests there are conditioned to line up at the first sight of a character which defeats the purpose. Contrast that with Disneyland guests that are far more used to free roaming characters in general, interact with them then move on and dont form a line.
You could make conga lines? Keep moving

This seems random but what do you guys think about the MK overall cleanliness ?

I’m just curious to know if it’s dirty all the time with trash cans full and bathrooms nasty. I don’t visit the parks often but from what I’ve seen it seems to be pretty clean.

However some people have said Disneyland is more maintained in that regard. I would like some thoughts concerning this matter.

I’m just curious to know if it’s dirty all the time with trash cans full and bathrooms nasty. I don’t visit the parks often but from what I’ve seen it seems to be pretty clean.

However some people have said Disneyland is more maintained in that regard. I would like some thoughts concerning this matter.
Comes and goes, right now they are pleading hardship not being able to fully staff. It will never be what it was in the early years that most people hold up as the standard.

Reactions: OrlLover
Comes and goes, right now they are pleading hardship not being able to fully staff. It will never be what it was in the early years that most people hold up as the standard.
Thanks for the response and I figured it was probably hit or miss based on staffing levels.

I think on a day-to-day basis both parks are really good about cleanliness…clearing trash cans, sweeping floors, etc.

Disneyland, though, feels like it gets refurbished more frequently with “fresher” materials. That, plus the smaller space actually needed to be kept track of makes it seem cleaner even if, in my opinion, both coast’s maintenance/custodial teams are super diligent about doing things right.

Reactions: OrlLover
The bathrooms being out of soap or paper towels (or a sink not working) is a more common thing to me than overflowing trash cans from what I’ve seen recently.
Let's be honest a working sink at Disney has always been a bit of a roll of the dice