Magic Kingdom (General Discussion) | Page 39 | Inside Universal Forums

Magic Kingdom (General Discussion)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

I haven't listened to the full new narration yet, but this seems like it was done with the same amount of thought and care as the recent-ish PeopleMover update. They resisted the temptation to modernize it too much.

Reactions: OrlLover

Frontierland is going to be entirely schizophrenic when they're all done with this, isn't it?

Makes me mildly concerned that their long-term plans involve dropping Country Bear Jamboree and re-skinning Big Thunder to something else. Because a little island of New Orleans in between Old West stuff seems bizarre to me.

Frontierland is going to be entirely schizophrenic when they're all done with this, isn't it?

Makes me mildly concerned that their long-term plans involve dropping Country Bear Jamboree and re-skinning Big Thunder to something else. Because a little island of New Orleans in between Old West stuff seems bizarre to me.
I'd rather they just rename the land and do whatever if they are gonna have the whole land sort of a mishmash of sorts. I'd be happy for them to lean the land more into a New Orleans direction if they wanted to and then technically BTM could still stay as the beginning of a new land that includes more western/Southwestern themes if they do go through with the Coco and Encanto plans.

Honestly, not sure the American South’s version of Splash Mountain ever fit within Frontierland’s Wild West vibe anyway, so I’ll allow it

Honestly, not sure the American South’s version of Splash Mountain ever fit within Frontierland’s Wild West vibe anyway, so I’ll allow it
Technically, I think Bayou Adventure is set further west, too (Splash was set in Georgia I believe and Tiana obviously in Louisiana). The big thing though is that Tiana is going to look a lot more out of place I think than Splash did. Maybe i'm wrong there though.

Aesthetically, Splash's exterior was intended to look at-home in Frontierland, though. You could walk from one end of Frontierland to the other and not feel much of a clash. Presumably Pecos Bill's replacement would get a typically "New Orleans" exterior makeover.

And really, it's not a question of me allowing it or not allowing it! If Big Thunder (as-is) remains safe, then I really don't care that much, even as I'd like Disney to at least pay lip-service to the idea that they care about lands being reasonably thematically coherent.

I do want to say, too, that I'm all in favor of that restaurant getting an overhaul, especially if it involves a new menu.

I just want them to leave CBJ and Big Thunder alone going forward, even if that means we have a land that makes no sense!

While at MK today to ride TRON, they were also doing CM + family previews of Enchanted Tales with Belle so we did that just because. It hasn't been around since the COVID closure, but it's fully back with no limitations. It's all the same as it was before with no changes. Was a unique/weird experience doing it with a bunch of adults though.

CM at the entrance of the attraction said it opens to guests tomorrow.

So, the D23 panel seemed to announce -- albeit in "Blue Sky" form -- an expansion located "beyond" (their word) Big Thunder Mountain, which would (potentially) include Coco, Encanto, and "villains" areas.

Also...
Looks like this may be finally coming:

From August 7 to August 9, 2023, Haunted Mansion will be closed for routine refurbishment.

Of course, while Disney claims that the refurbishment is “routine”, they also need to make good on the promise of adding the Hatbox Ghost to the attraction. It’s not immediately clear if three days of closure would be enough to install the figure and reprogram the ride motion, but it might be.

Looks like this may be finally coming:

Maybe Hatbox is not for this August refurb... ?

EDIT - if I remember back to when he was added to Disneyland, didn't they not shut down the ride for a refurb and just had a wall blocking the scene?

Last edited:
Maybe Hatbox is not for this August refurb... ?

EDIT - if I remember back to when he was added to Disneyland, didn't they not shut down the ride for a refurb and just had a wall blocking the scene?

the hatbox ghost "debuted" on may 9 following a brief closure from may 4-8, according to our friends at touring plans. it appears there were cast previews on may 7 and 8.

Reactions: MikePat
The Hatbox Ghost is still coming later this year... though not in the scene I would have predicted...
I see a lot of comments about how it doesn't make sense since Leota's incantation is what sets off the spirits materializing, but allegedly there is a line that makes his location make sense? IDK.