Mako - 2016 SeaWorld Coaster | Page 19 | Inside Universal Forums

Mako - 2016 SeaWorld Coaster

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Great use of the land IMO.

Can't wait to get over to SW in November now!

One thing I don't know how they do, is the pull through. Is this pulling the car along the track slowly without letting it speed off? If so, how do they stop it!?

They generally have a car or two (not a whole train) with the big wooden cutout for clearances hooked up to a crane or other equipment and kind of "tow" it along the track. If no one else does before I get home I'll see if I can find a video/photos of a pull through/clearance test.

Reactions: Jon84 and Mad Dog
B&M are known for created world-class, top-quality rollercoasters. John Wardley aka God once asked Walter Bolliger: "What if the coaster stalls? How will we get the trains back to the station?". Bolliger replied: "Our coasters never stall. They always work perfectly the first time."

John Wardley talking about building nemesis.

Reactions: Ryan and JoeCamel
Can't blame Wardley for being concerned about stalling, taking it Vampire did it when that was being built. Ruddy Arrow...

I don't think B&M do pull throughs. The maths is there and they know, unlike Intamin, they're pretty perfect at formulas. They're just all around, a better quality. I remember being at Thorpe once in the snow in March. Saw and Colossus couldn't open, Stealth did but closed first of the lot. Inferno and Swarm went till it was about -2/3 celcius. Quality.

Mako looks great! Don't think it's been mentioned on here, could this possible have been a shelved plan from a while ago? It just seems to fit so perfectly around Kraken. Is it possible Manby took over, saw this plan and went "right, lets build that thing please." Interesting thought for sure.

Can't blame Wardley for being concerned about stalling, taking it Vampire did it when that was being built. Ruddy Arrow...

I don't think B&M do pull throughs. The maths is there and they know, unlike Intamin, they're pretty perfect at formulas. They're just all around, a better quality. I remember being at Thorpe once in the snow in March. Saw and Colossus couldn't open, Stealth did but closed first of the lot. Inferno and Swarm went till it was about -2/3 celcius. Quality.

Mako looks great! Don't think it's been mentioned on here, could this possible have been a shelved plan from a while ago? It just seems to fit so perfectly around Kraken. Is it possible Manby took over, saw this plan and went "right, lets build that thing please." Interesting thought for sure.

If I remember correctly, Mako was the first thing he approved so it's possible it was ready to go.

You're right about how perfect it fits in. It compliments Kraken so well, I think it's also one of the best colour schemes I've seen in a long time.

Reactions: UAN17
Sometimes a ride comes along that just seems a perfect fit. This is the kind of addition that will not only do Seaworld good, but fills a huge gap in the Orlando market. It looks absolutely perfect for Seaworld (let's just hope the theming is more Manta and less Kraken). Colours of all 3 coasters look great.

Reactions: SeventyOne
Sometimes a ride comes along that just seems a perfect fit. This is the kind of addition that will not only do Seaworld good, but fills a huge gap in the Orlando market. It looks absolutely perfect for Seaworld (let's just hope the theming is more Manta and less Kraken). Colours of all 3 coasters look great.

I'll happily take a RMC or wing coaster next.

So... Having done what I told them to do, I'm like karma-bound to view SeaWorld projects as actual attractions and not affronts to decency.

So what's the deal? Why should I like this coaster and why is it special? It looks ok I guess - does it do anything neat? I haven't been paying attention.

So... Having done what I told them to do, I'm like karma-bound to view SeaWorld projects as actual attractions and not affronts to decency.

So what's the deal? Why should I like this coaster and why is it special? It looks ok I guess - does it do anything neat? I haven't been paying attention.
It's Florida's first airtime machine, nothing more nothing less.

They generally have a car or two (not a whole train) with the big wooden cutout for clearances hooked up to a crane or other equipment and kind of "tow" it along the track. If no one else does before I get home I'll see if I can find a video/photos of a pull through/clearance test.
I found one video on YT, but it was more releasing a stuck train than a pull through test!

Here's a photo I took of Cheetah Hunt a while back doing it's pull through...

DSC05181.jpg

It may be too early, but where do you think this will rank when the Golden Ticket Awards lists the Top 50 steel coasters?
I'm guessing anywhere from #10-20. Might be my #1 when it opens.

It may be too early, but where do you think this will rank when the Golden Ticket Awards lists the Top 50 steel coasters?
I'm guessing anywhere from #10-20. Might be my #1 when it opens.
That Hammerhead turn along with the high arching overbank is going to add to the thrill and zero G forces. Will be top 16 for sure. Not to mention the detailed theming so far.

Reactions: anihilnation