Mako - 2016 SeaWorld Coaster | Page 18 | Inside Universal Forums

Mako - 2016 SeaWorld Coaster

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Couldn't agree more. Do we know if it will have a water touchdown effect like Manta?

It looks low enough to the water that I'd be surprised if they don't.

I guessing the bars stretching out from the track will be for a net? I wonder if the Hulk might develop something similar instead of having that big net they used to have.

Edit: Looking at the POV video, there's no sign of a water effect but that doesn't show you the netting either so I'm not sure how detailed the video is.

You must have mistaken what I said for something else. I was referring to the Shark Encounter situation you described earlier that did not occur. The polar bear did sadly die.

I fail to see what you wish to accomplish in regards to the roller coaster located on the opposite side of the park from where the polar bear passed away.

Animals and people die every day. It doesn't mean it was their caretakers fault. I also fail to understand what this has to do with them doing Mako since no tanks will be moving.

One piece left:
image.jpg

In person it looks even more amazing. Can't wait to ride this. I may just have to take very long lunch breaks when this and Kong soft open since the kiddos can't ride either :)
Proud of you. :p

Does anyone know how long until we would see testing? I know zero about construction on these suckers. I assume they want to start cycling it ASAP.

Reactions: Scott W.
Does anyone know how long until we would see testing? I know zero about construction on these suckers. I assume they want to start cycling it ASAP.
I don't know anything about when they start testing, but the brake run, chain lift, and netting are still being installed.

As long as the ride control system is completed and ready to go, they'll probably start testing as soon as all the mechanical stuff is finished (chain, brakes, etc.) even if they're still working on things like the air gates in the station. Of course it will have to do the pull-throughs and clearance testing before they actually let it run naturally (probably a week or two worth of testing).

Reactions: Mad Dog
As long as the ride control system is completed and ready to go, they'll probably start testing as soon as all the mechanical stuff is finished (chain, brakes, etc.) even if they're still working on things like the air gates in the station. Of course it will have to do the pull-throughs and clearance testing before they actually let it run naturally (probably a week or two worth of testing).

I wonder what will be open to the public first between Mako and Hulk.

Don't really venture to these parts of the boards but this looks really good. Watching the POV video, it gives me vibes of Nitro at Six Flags Great Adventure in Jersey. And that's one of the best coasters around.

Can't remember the last time I webt to Sea World, but it was definitley before Manta opened. Hoping to get back there this year and ride both

Reactions: Scott W.
Great use of the land IMO.

Can't wait to get over to SW in November now!

One thing I don't know how they do, is the pull through. Is this pulling the car along the track slowly without letting it speed off? If so, how do they stop it!?

Don't really venture to these parts of the boards but this looks really good. Watching the POV video, it gives me vibes of Nitro at Six Flags Great Adventure in Jersey. And that's one of the best coasters around.

Can't remember the last time I webt to Sea World, but it was definitley before Manta opened. Hoping to get back there this year and ride both
It reminds me of Superman at Six Flags NE for me.