Mako - 2016 SeaWorld Coaster | Page 16 | Inside Universal Forums

Mako - 2016 SeaWorld Coaster

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I saw that sideways high angle bank part after the initial drop (Not sure what it is called, never seen anything like it) and that changed my mind. I'm absolutely terrified to ride this now, and I normally will try ANYTHING, but this here...... No. Looks so beautiful though.

I saw that sideways high angle bank part after the initial drop (Not sure what it is called, never seen anything like it) and that changed my mind. I'm absolutely terrified to ride this now, and I normally will try ANYTHING, but this here...... No. Looks so beautiful though.

I believe its referred to as an overbanked turn

I cant wait for Mako!! Apollo's Chariot in Williamsbug is one of my favorites because of the ride restraints (in every picture I look like Im doing jumping jacks). I love the feeling of just flying along. And I ain't no spring chicken :D
Apollo's Chariot is an excellent fun coaster. One of my favorites all time. But like Teebin, I can no longer ride DC comfortably. I get really queasy on it, just like I do on Alpengeist at BGW. Coasters get tougher as you get older. I think it's mostly because your inner ear balance deteriorates as you get older. Tough spinners are even worst. But I can do the milder ones like Kang & Kodus, and the Bluefish Redfish ones at Universal. One of the reasons I've gravitated away from the coaster parks and would rather do a true theme park where I can ride just about everything.

SeaWorld will unveil something exciting today. (Mako trains most likely)

image.jpg

image.jpg

ohhh, get you :)

Part medical and family history. Otherwise general hyper anxiety. Otherwise, I am a skinny guy. :)

Sorry if that seemed a bit personal, mate. Reading it again, it seemed a bit rude to ask. The next bit isn't aimed at you.

I'm honestly surprised at everybody's reactions to Mako like it's going to be some terrifying coaster. It's only 49ft taller than Kraken's 151ft and 8mph faster with no inversions.

that ride vehicle is slick! Thank you for no shoulder harnesses. A Hyper doesn't need one. The only one I've been on is MF in CP, and it's still the best coaster I've been on to this day. Hyper coaster are way less intimidating to me then rides like Hulk that go upside down. Less chance of getting dizzy and being jolted around.

Should be a fantastic coaster and will bring a new breed to Orlando.

If it rides anything like Shambala were all in for in a real treat
The fact that Cobra's Curse is going to have projection mapping and what not tells me that we may have a similar situation for Mako. I'm beginning to think the ride itself may not be the only interesting part of this.

I'm honestly surprised at everybody's reactions to Mako like it's going to be some terrifying coaster. It's only 49ft taller than Kraken's 151ft and 8mph faster with no inversions.
Well personally, the first drop on Kraken already gets to my stomach, so I'm really nervous for Mako's drop that kind of makes Kraken's look childish in comparison. Then on top of that, the lack of shoulder restraints will really get my nerves up. This won't stop me from riding and loving it though!

Reactions: Mad Dog
The fact that Cobra's Curse is going to have projection mapping and what not tells me that we may have a similar situation for Mako. I'm beginning to think the ride itself may not be the only interesting part of this.
What? Cobra's curse has projection mapping? How did I miss this???