Mako - 2016 SeaWorld Coaster | Page 17 | Inside Universal Forums

Mako - 2016 SeaWorld Coaster

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Those Mako trains look so sleek. Between this and Lightning Rod, I'm fawning over these new coaster trains.

Might as well go all in and stitch together a high res image.
Thanks, this is a great perspective of the track layout. Is the end of the ride going to go over the guest pathway in front of and around the Nautilus Theater??

The first thematic element went in to place earlier this week. It seems everything is pre-made and is simply being shipped to the park, which explains why no outdoor aesthetic work has been done on the main path yet. I've heard work on the inside of the station and the small bit of indoor queue has started as well.

I am very surprised that no additional announcements have been made on the ride as of yet. Details for the queue and station area were supposed to occur during the ride vehicle unveil like what occurred at BGT for Cobra's Curse. Expect another announcement with these details to occur within the month.

Another Mako Madness update, this time showing off some more thematic elements, work on the entrance building and some progress on track and supports. He didn't show it, but I was there earlier this week and it seems some buildings may not be getting as nice of a treatment as the concept art would suggest. The Panini Bistro building is seems to be simply painted blue instead of the extensive work shown in the concept art.

Reactions: anihilnation
I am becoming very curious and confused. The press event where the queue elements, station effects, and the effects occurring when the train goes over the land was supposed to occur last month. I wonder what the hold up is.

The buildings in the area have been painted blue (mostly) and have some arrangements on then that look like they will support the reef and wrecked ship elements.

Also, new walls in front of Sharks Underwater Grille.

I wonder how many animals they'll kill when they transport them due to stress...

?!?

I don't think they are moving anything. At least I didn't think there was going to be any new tanks. Also, if fish were that fragile I would have killed my fish a long time ago since we remove them all the time to clean their tank.

Reactions: Kumba's Roar
?!?

I don't think they are moving anything. At least I didn't think there was going to be any new tanks. Also, if fish were that fragile I would have killed my fish a long time ago since we remove them all the time to clean their tank.
The only thing even related to live fish happening is a slight update to Shark Encounter. That is mainly making it look more modern by getting rid of the wall rug.

Reactions: maxairmike
The only thing even related to live fish happening is a slight update to Shark Encounter. That is mainly making it look more modern by getting rid of the wall rug.

Yeah which I have noticed them doing that. They have changed some of the tanks too but they do that sometimes anyways. When I asked the one person they said something about the lionfish and needing more room.

So I don't think the tank stuff was related to this refurb, but the modernization of the area is.

Last edited:
They killed all the animals in the tank the last time they renovated Shark Encounter because they had a system failure (due to the construction) and no one was monitoring the tank... Cuz fish aren't so fragile.

And the polar bear isn't dead either, right?
You must have mistaken what I said for something else. I was referring to the Shark Encounter situation you described earlier that did not occur. The polar bear did sadly die.

I fail to see what you wish to accomplish in regards to the roller coaster located on the opposite side of the park from where the polar bear passed away.