Mardi Gras 2013 | Page 10 | Inside Universal Forums

Mardi Gras 2013

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Universal Orlando Resort is showing you how to bring the flavor of "The Big Easy" to your kitchen by sharing its popular Mardi Gras jambalaya recipe. Award-winning Universal Parks and Resorts Executive Chef Steven Jayson shares the step-by-step process that he uses to make the delicious jambalaya that has become a must-taste for Mardi Gras guests. The full recipe is included at the end of the demo.

[video=youtube;rNM6SETzviI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rNM6SETzviI&feature=youtu.be[/video]

Reactions: Felipe
Universal Orlando Resort is showing you how to bring the flavor of "The Big Easy" to your kitchen by sharing its popular Mardi Gras jambalaya recipe. Award-winning Universal Parks and Resorts Executive Chef Steven Jayson shares the step-by-step process that he uses to make the delicious jambalaya that has become a must-taste for Mardi Gras guests. The full recipe is included at the end of the demo.

Funnily enough, I'm watching Top Chef right now :lol: This is very cool! I think I might try to make this! I always enjoy sampling the Cajun foods at Uni during Mardi Gras :thumbs:

PS: Wow! Congrats on 12k posts BriMan! :rep:

[video=youtube;rNM6SETzviI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rNM6SETzviI&feature=youtu.be[/video]

:look: how many years have we seen that video now.... It's a good video and a wonderful recipe, but didn't we see that video 2 years ago, and last year, and now this year... :look:

:look: how many years have we seen that video now.... It's a good video and a wonderful recipe, but didn't we see that video 2 years ago, and last year, and now this year... :look:

I was gonna say the same thing. I couldn't tell if it was an actually new video or the same one that they posted before.

Well, I have never seen it before, is their park Jambalaya good? I'm going to try this over the weekend. Perfect comfort food. Thanks for the link Briman!

Who all is going for the parade tomorrow?

I will be going late afternoon for the parade. Is Cinematic Spectacular playing on Sat. during Mardi Gras? I haven't seen it since August.

I will be going late afternoon for the parade. Is Cinematic Spectacular playing on Sat. during Mardi Gras? I haven't seen it since August.

February 14th is the only date from now that Cinematic Spectacular won't have a show.

From the UO site:

The Mardi Gras Parade

When to See It

Saturdays and Select Nights February 9 – April 20, 2013

Friday Nights: March 15, 22 TBD
Saturday Nights: Feb. 9, 16, 23 at 7:45pm; March 2, 9 at 7:45pm; March 16, 23, 30 TBD; April 6, 13, 20 TBD
Sunday Night: Feb. 17 at 7:45pm

Be sure to head to the Lagoon at 7pm for Universal’s Cinematic Spectacular, then grab a spot along the parade route for the Mardi Gras parade.

I'm too busy today to go, but I'll be at the parks tomorrow. I probably won't catch the parade for another week or two.

Mardi gras looks great fun, the food, colours, parades and music it must give a real festival feel to Uni.

I wish I could be there but I will make do enjoying the action through this thread, looking forward to seeing plenty of photos from this event.