Mardi Gras 2013 | Page 12 | Inside Universal Forums

Mardi Gras 2013

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I have a question about this event. Do you have to buy a separate ticket ? Can you buy a two park ticket? Does it get packed ? At what time do the events start.

This is more than a question :rofl:

No
Sure
Sometimes
Depends on the night, usually around 6-7 pm.

Fat Tuesday! Whooo Hooo!

f9s3l.jpg

2ytu1c4.jpg

20pr68x.jpg

why is the glass still full? ;)
That was actually my 2nd one. The Feb. AP special is Buy One Get One Free Hurricanes. I didn't have beads until after my first one. I had to ask for the glass for the photo op. Since it's Fat Tuesday, they were serving the Hurricanes in the plastic cups.

Last edited:
That was actually my 2nd one. The Feb. AP special is But One Get One Free Hurricanes. I didn't have beads until after my first one. I had to ask for the glass for the photo op. Since it's Fat Tuesday, they were serving the Hurricanes in the plastic cups.

makes sense to me... though buy one get one should give you one nice glass and one plastic cup anyway... (Mine has a sonic screw driver in it jokinly)

Nice pictures and I am glad you posted the one for Twisted Taters. My family was so disappointed that the Holiday Village wasn't there this year to get their Twisted Tater fix so they will be thrilled when I tell them.

So how late do the attractions usually stay open? On the Universal site it says 8pm, the event calendar says until the parade starts (which is 7:45 this weekend), and Guest Services said until the Concert Starts (about 8:30 this weekend). Just wanted some feedback from people who were there last week.

confirmed tonight, the annual passholder discount is valid in the french quarter from 3pm to 5pm... The explanation from the team member was "it's during park hours" Who want to talk to guest relations about this since the park is open till 8pm, and the AP discount encourages us to buy more stuff... merchandise discount still applies though.