Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Mardi Gras 2021: International Flavors of Carnaval

My daughter and husband are at Universal today. Any recommendations on the Mardi Gras food?
Side note they are going ride Hagrid's for the first time. Totally jealous!

My daughter and husband are at Universal today. Any recommendations on the Mardi Gras food?
Side note they are going ride Hagrid's for the first time. Totally jealous!
Skip the muffuletta, dry and bland. The jerk chicken, pork schnitzel sliders and the pholourie are all fire. If you're a drinker, the Queen Park Swizzle and the Goombay Smash are both great.

Skip the muffuletta, dry and bland. The jerk chicken, pork schnitzel sliders and the pholourie are all fire. If you're a drinker, the Queen Park Swizzle and the Goombay Smash are both great.
Thanks! They got the pork schnitzel and said it's really good.

I got to experience Mardi Gras last week with my sister in addition to F&G. We enjoyed both events but found the food quality, freshness, and value better at Universal. Also while this years event was fun, it's barely "Mardi Gras", I think a hybrid event where the food is a big focus in addition to the parade and concerts would do wonders.

I got to experience Mardi Gras last week with my sister in addition to F&G. We enjoyed both events but found the food quality, freshness, and value better at Universal. Also while this years event was fun, it's barely "Mardi Gras", I think a hybrid event where the food is a big focus in addition to the parade and concerts would do wonders.
Yes, I only see this year's concepts expanded in the future

The street entertainment game at Studios is super strong
Great point. Often, posters just look at the various park rides as to park strengths and weaknesses, and they neglect the importance of street entertainment. We spend
a ton of our vacation time at USF, and strong street entertainment and seasonal celebrations are a primary, not a secondary, factor in that.....We used to love Disney'
Hollywood Studios for all the various very excellent Citizens of Hollywood skits , and other street entertainment. Alas, most of that has been trending downward
for the past decade, thus we don't spend much of our vacation time there anymore.....Street entertainment makes the theme park experience whole, instead of
just being a bunch of rides.

Last edited:
Super happy about this. Have family coming in to town and going the 21st. Still have like 8 things left on our lanyard.

Dang, I'm coming to FL on 4/30 but don't have plans for USF until 5/5. I never even considered that this could still be going on.

I'm going this Friday and can't wait to try out the Mardi Gras food and drinks. This will be my first trip back since October 2019 (My first trip anywhere since Covid). I hope I can finally get to ride Hagrid's coaster. A wee bit worried since the park has been hitting capacity lately.

Not sure where to post this question.
Are there any ladies out there that have used Universal's nursing stations? Is it one big room or do you get your own? Are there lockers near by to store a pump? Thank you.

That's great news as I booked a trip for Sunday to at least get the final day in.

Can those who've been share some of their festival faves?

The seafood paella mixta in Spain, pork schnitzel slider in Germany, and the Picadillo arepa from Colombia were all delicious, definitely my favorites from the event. My parents talked very highly of the mofongo and pernil from Puerto Rico but that line was always too long for my group. Parents also loved the paella

Can't wait to go back and eat one too many cuban sandwiches lol. But for real, I'm happy they extended this event. Just means more food for me!

I'd expect future Mardi Gras events to keep a lot of these elements. I've heard that this year has actually been a more profitable Mardi Gras than 2019. Not sure it that's true or not, but given they didn't have to book musical acts this year or run a parade (and they had a tribute store and a bunch of food booths), I wouldn't necessarily be surprised.