Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Mardi Gras 2022 (Feb 5 - April 24)

Concert line up just announced:

Feb 5 - Seal
Feb 12 - Seal
Feb 19 - Seal
Feb 20 - Seal
Feb 26 - Seal
Mar 5 - Seal
Mar 6 - Seal
Mar 12 - Seal
Mar 13 - Seal
Mar 18 - Seal
Mar 19 - Seal
Mar 20 - Seal
Mar 25 - Seal (feat. Jason Derulo)
Mar 26 - Seal
Mar 27 - Seal

More info incoming!
Wow, very surprised with this schedule, but I understand it

Everyone deserves to hear Kiss From a Rose live

Wow, very surprised with this schedule, but I understand it

Everyone deserves to hear Kiss From a Rose live

Don't play with me. I am obsessed with Seal. lol

I bought tickets to see him that same weekend here in Miami because I never in a million years would have thought this would happen!

....and even more than Mardi Gras, we're looking forward to the 'home cooked dinner by chef David (@Disneyhead), that Dave and his beautiful girlfriend, Liza, promised us back in November. Dave and his dad cooked us a great dinner a number of years ago, so I'm sure this one will also achieve success.....The great thing about IU is that you can make some great lasting friendships with those of the same theme park interests.

She may be disappointed…I got yelled at by Security for trying to replicate the real Bourbon Street experience :(

Back in the early 00s, when the event was still fresh, you couldn't spend 20 minutes talking to women in Orlando bars without one bringing up how she was trespassed from Universal for flashing.

Of course, the park itself sent mixed messages, selling "You Throw 'Em, I'll Show 'Em" t-shirts ... in adult AND CHILDREN"S sizes!!!

Parks were a different world pre-Potter.

Back in the early 00s, when the event was still fresh, you couldn't spend 20 minutes talking to women in Orlando bars without one bringing up how she was trespassed from Universal for flashing.

Of course, the park itself sent mixed messages, selling "You Throw 'Em, I'll Show 'Em" t-shirts ... in adult AND CHILDREN"S sizes!!!

Parks were a different world pre-Potter.
I mean marketing still seems a bit confused at times

Concert line up just announced:

Feb 5 - Sugar Ray
Feb 12 - Diana Ross
Feb 19 - Barenaked Ladies
Feb 20 - Styx
Feb 26 - Jon Pardi
Mar 5 - LL Cool J
Mar 6 - Marshmello
Mar 12 - Lee Brice
Mar 13 - Becky G
Mar 18 - Khalid
Mar 19 - Seal
Mar 20 - Gavin Degraw
Mar 25 - The Revivalists
Mar 26 - Jimmie Allen
Mar 27 - Jason Derulo

More info incoming!

As for the lineup, there are some solid old school artists on here that would be cool to see before they don't tour anymore and when we can for free. I kinda feel like I need to see Come Sail Away live at least once, and LL Cool J was huge for a good chunk of my life. I like me some Kiss from a rose, but not sure about a full Seal set. Sugar Ray was a lot of fun at Epcot but not a must see for me

Definitely want to see Marshmello, just as long as he doesn't play Happier.... that dang dog :'( and of course how can you not go see Barenaked Ladies, it just isn't a concert series without them.

If I had a million dollars

Universal Orlando has released the first bits of Mardi Gras 2022 merchandise inside the redesigned All Hallows’ Voodoo Boutique – which now features spooky Bayou vibes.

Having never been to Mardi Gras before, does anyone know if Cinematic Celebration runs still?

Also, with crowds likely to be high on opening day do onsite guests get any sort of guaranteed entry if capacity happens? (does it even hit capacity?)

Sorry for the possibly stupid questions but taking the family across the pond for their first trip to Orlando and wanting to make sure they get as much out of it as possible.

Also, with crowds likely to be high on opening day do onsite guests get any sort of guaranteed entry if capacity happens? (does it even hit capacity?)

It does hit capacity, but generally once or twice a year at most, for insanely popular bands. With respect to the 90s kids, Sugar Ray not going to drive that kind of crowd.

Caveat: In the post-Blip world, Universal has suddenly become the darling of influencers. A lot of APs switched allegiance as well. I expect the busiest opening night of Mardi Gras ever. I just don't think it will go to capacity, but I didn't expect opening weekend of HHN 30 to go to capacity either.

Having never been to Mardi Gras before, does anyone know if Cinematic Celebration runs still?

Sorry for the possibly stupid questions but taking the family across the pond for their first trip to Orlando and wanting to make sure they get as much out of it as possible.

Cinematic, historically, has not run when the concerts perform. Historically.

So I know the AP sign ups have filled up for the parade float experience, but do you think they'll still be doing walkups this year like they have in the past? I know it is probably hard to tell until the event opens but still.

Theoretically if they do, do they have a specific window of time where they are usually canvasing for them? Or does it pretty much vary too?

So I know the AP sign ups have filled up for the parade float experience, but do you think they'll still be doing walkups this year like they have in the past? I know it is probably hard to tell until the event opens but still.

Theoretically if they do, do they have a specific window of time where they are usually canvasing for them? Or does it pretty much vary too?

They're going to open up a virtual queue for it at some point during the day.

I've been finding conflicting info on this, so figured I would ask here: We have Power Passes (the first level up from just the standard Season Pass), and I know the Season Passes are blacked out for concert days, but there isn't a clear answer on the Power Pass restrictions on these days.

We will be at Universal for two days total (Friday the 11th, and Saturday the 12th), and while we don't really care about the concert, we had been planning our Studios day for Saturday anyway. The Power Pass blackout calendar doesn't show either date as restricted, but I saw somewhere that Power Passes can only get in after 5pm?

I've been finding conflicting info on this, so figured I would ask here: We have Power Passes (the first level up from just the standard Season Pass), and I know the Season Passes are blacked out for concert days, but there isn't a clear answer on the Power Pass restrictions on these days.

We will be at Universal for two days total (Friday the 11th, and Saturday the 12th), and while we don't really care about the concert, we had been planning our Studios day for Saturday anyway. The Power Pass blackout calendar doesn't show either date as restricted, but I saw somewhere that Power Passes can only get in after 5pm?

If I ou flip over to March in the blockout calendar, you’ll see a couple of Saturday’s where Power gets in after 5 PM. You should be good for February.