Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Mickey and Minnie's Runaway Railway (Disneyland)

No this
ASu8fos.jpg

No, they go with "Go Away Blue". Technically, Universal has started going with painted scenery which looks nice, especially against the beige.

Gotta' give them points for situational humor, since that is a pretty dang big building. I can imagine they'll eventually add a new set of hills to cover it.

As for the ride, now that I've actually been on it last December, this'll be a very nice addition! While the animated series is a bit hit or miss for me, the ride is really cute and it'll be another good family attraction for a very stacked park. I'm also hoping for a updated choreo/plussing of the practical tornado scene since that's currently the weakest part of the ride, and one that felt like something was missing.

Dam that is huge....are they finally going to let Toontown be open past 8 in the summer after this opens?

It’s shockingly massive. I really can’t imagine the ride uses it all. We do know it has some office space on the back corner, but I wonder if it will contain other facilities as well?

Disney is not universal where the just paint it costco beige and call it a day.

I mean, they both have their issues here these days. The Forbidden Journey building in Orlando remains a sore spot, as does the abrupt ending to the Secret Life of Pets facades. But they've also done a lot of work hiding Kong, Fast & Furious, and Gringotts. Meanwhile, Disney - which admittedly used to be the experts at this - now just plop a gravity building into Epcot that dwarfs Spaceship Earth.

Meanwhile, Disney - which admittedly used to be the experts at this - now just plop a gravity building into Epcot that dwarfs Spaceship Earth.
And then they bragged about how huge it was, too.

Disney still does a lot of good though. Pandora, SWGE, and even the TSMM building and the CM parking structure were given careful thought as to how to "hide" them best they could from guests when the switch to TSL was made. But both companies screw up here and there.

And then they bragged about how huge it was, too.

Disney still does a lot of good though. Pandora, SWGE, and even the TSMM building and the CM parking structure were given careful thought as to how to "hide" them best they could from guests when the switch to TSL was made. But both companies screw up here and there.
Ironic how all the exposed buildings are at Epcot

Epcot is like that sibling that majored in Art History, racked up a ton of debt they can't pay off, has been working on a soundscapes album for 10 years, and ends up getting the least amount in the will

Side Note: It's crazy to me how massive that showbuilding is, sure the scenes are expansive...but it seems really big for what the ride actually contains inside :shrug:

Last edited:
The building looks about rwice the size of the one in Hollywood Studios. If it is a clone maybe half the building is backstage storage and offices? It is a lot bigger than Rise too.
RIxslXZ.jpg
Side Note: It's crazy to me how massive that showbuilding is, sure the scenes are expansive...but it seems really big for what the ride actually contains inside :shrug:

The building looks about rwice the size of the one in Hollywood Studios. If it is a clone maybe half the building is backstage storage and offices? It is a lot bigger than Rise too.
RIxslXZ.jpg
y

Well, it'll have to have lots of queue too since the DHS one is mostly outside. Though I imagine some of it will be multipurpose.

What I've sort of suspected (not based on any inside knowledge)

Red line is my guess for where building becomes multipurpose/office space. The systems on the roof change in that section of the building.

Numbered areas:

1 - Shows the windows for offices along building and also on the corner of the building.

2 - Shows the open area where entrance and exit will be attached to warehouse and the connected into ToonTown. I suspect City Hall, which is behind walls along with Five and Dime is reworked into the theatre entrance, Five and Dime redone as the exit/gift shop.

1620161780392.png