Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Millennium Falcon: Smugglers Run (DHS)

Can't say until we ride. :lol:

This was always going to be under an intense microscope. It's unfair to Disney, but they also knew what they were up against. I always said too much muchness might be the biggest problem of the land and the initial CM reports indicate that could very well be the case.

NO! You must make an uninformed decision right now!!! Don't wait for personal experience and all that.

Wife and I were pilots for our first ride. Was pretty fun. Will try and hit it again today to try gunner.

This seems like a positive change.

They added a ranking and max profit.

It’s funny they’ve been tweaking it in phases. The max profit was there for me last week, but not yet the rank. Definitely improving.

I do find it interesting that both the gunner and engineer positions have lots of people who think the other is better/worse.

As I'm a good sport, and plan on letting others in my group take the pilot seats, I think I'll opt for engineer. I like a challenge.

Glad to see the stand by times settling in at a fairly constant low wait. My original, pre opening, thoughts were that I'd be lucky to get one ride in during my vacation in mid November. Now I'm pretty confident that multiple rides will be achievable. It's good when there's no Fastpass, and capacity is at least average, and not low.

I do find it interesting that both the gunner and engineer positions have lots of people who think the other is better/worse.

As I'm a good sport, and plan on letting others in my group take the pilot seats, I think I'll opt for engineer. I like a challenge.
If you decide to do manual instead of Auto, Gunner becomes more challenging. Since I know when i'm basically gonna need to engineer stuff by now, I like it enough that it's sort of like you getting a chance to sit back and enjoy a bit more.

Where this ride really excels is if you have a group that can takeover the whole cabin and really communicate together (along with all the yelling and screaming lol). It's a really fun time when it's all people you know.

If you decide to do manual instead of Auto, Gunner becomes more challenging. Since I know when i'm basically gonna need to engineer stuff by now, I like it enough that it's sort of like you getting a chance to sit back and enjoy a bit more.

Where this ride really excels is if you have a group that can takeover the whole cabin and really communicate together (along with all the yelling and screaming lol). It's a really fun time when it's all people you know.
So, if you have a group of 6 people and all 6 have already ridden the ride multiple times, it becomes a really fun ride.

I'm curious as to how many people a day get that experience with this ride?

I ended up liking gunner more than Engineer, which was surprising. Felt like I actually was doing something, without auto targeting of course. I agree Engineer is good for just relaxing and enjoying the ride. Better view back there too, strangely enough.

So, if you have a group of 6 people and all 6 have already ridden the ride multiple times, it becomes a really fun ride.

I'm curious as to how many people a day get that experience with this ride?
You don’t have to already have ridden to have a good time laughing at yourself.

Not sure of your point though because I don’t think it’s that great of a ride. Just one better than Star Tours. If RotR wasn’t on the way, I’d be more let down by it. If Rise doesn’t deliver though, then we’ve got issues.

Yeah I had to yell at the wife during our first ride when piloting. That was fun and wish we had 6 people for the whole cabin.

I ended up liking gunner more than Engineer, which was surprising. Felt like I actually was doing something, without auto targeting of course. I agree Engineer is good for just relaxing and enjoying the ride. Better view back there too, strangely enough.
If you have a mediocre pilot you better have a good engineer :D

I'm going to be completely honest... this is my least favorite ride in the whole park (other than ASS if you want to consider that). This was the common consensus with the whole group of 4 that went to the park with me yesterday.

The Hondo animatronic was the main highlight for me.

Glad to see the stand by times settling in at a fairly constant low wait. My original, pre opening, thoughts were that I'd be lucky to get one ride in during my vacation in mid November. Now I'm pretty confident that multiple rides will be achievable. It's good when there's no Fastpass, and capacity is at least average, and not low.

It's surprising that they don't implement FP+ just to inflate the wait times.

Got to ride it for the first time today. What a difference having no fastpass makes. Just makes me hate fastpass even more. Just get rid of it all together. The line moved so quick, almost always moving. Posted at 65 waited 45.

It was very cool to walk onto the Falcon. That whole room before boarding is very well done. But we got our position (gunner) and led into the room aaaaaaand I had no idea where to go. People just seemed to be wondering the room.

Got to where we were supposed to be and were given no directions. I heard something about auto vs manual but did t know how to flip to one or the other so I just keep tapping my button nonstop.

I found it distracting having to look at my control panel then back forward to watch the ride. Honestly at one point I just kept tapping my fire button but watch the ride go.

Our pilots were awful. One of them was a 4 year old I think so there’s that. The cast members did mention how Hondo wasn’t going to be happy with the damage. Hey not my fault the kid just sat there.

Honestly I was just very confused by what to do. The pilot toke is pretty straight forward. But as a gunner I was lost as to how to aim (can you) and just kept tapping my button. Have no idea what the engineers did during the ride.

I felt like I needed more instructions.

So the best part of was just being on the Falcon. Ride overall is alright. Glad it’s not the main ride for the land. Rise needs to absolutely knock it out of the park.

Remember when this scene was shown as a potential part of the falcon? Definitely looks like an early concept with the Coaxxium train. Crazy to think this got cut, and with the classic empire theme too!