Miss Adventure Falls - New Slide at Typhoon Lagoon | Page 2 | Inside Universal Forums

Miss Adventure Falls - New Slide at Typhoon Lagoon

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Most be an opinion thing... I know many people loves TL, maybe because it looks tropical? I was born in the Caribbean so, palm trees won't amaze me, but that's not my main concern, my problem is the water slides on the mountain.... really? concrete made slides... they looked ghetto back in the 80's and they still look ghetto now. Their slides are just not good at all... The 1st time I looked at BB mountain, I knew I was gonna have a great day because they actually look like real professional slides and not home made 3rd world country crap. I even took someone that loves water parks to TL for the very 1st time because he has only been to BB.... long story short, we left early, and that was not my choice lol.

:huh:

Keelhaul Falls is one of my very favorite water slides anywhere. And I don't know what you're talking about with concrete, I've never noticed any way how the mountain slides are constructed differently between Typhoon Lagoon and Blizzard Beach. In fact, I would say they are more naturally integrated into the mountain at TL than at BB. I have the After 2 PM Annual Pass for the water parks and I honestly never go to Blizzard Beach. It's always filthy, I don't do as many slides there as at TL, the wave pool and lazy rivers are way better at TL, and the theme is just perfectly pulled off at TL. Literally my favorite thing at BB is the ski lift.

:huh:

Keelhaul Falls is one of my very favorite water slides anywhere. And I don't know what you're talking about with concrete, I've never noticed any way how the mountain slides are constructed differently between Typhoon Lagoon and Blizzard Beach. In fact, I would say they are more naturally integrated into the mountain at TL than at BB. I have the After 2 PM Annual Pass for the water parks and I honestly never go to Blizzard Beach. It's always filthy, I don't do as many slides there as at TL, the wave pool and lazy rivers are way better at TL, and the theme is just perfectly pulled off at TL. Literally my favorite thing at BB is the ski lift.

I did Mayday Falls and it hurt like a mofo all the way down and even had to push myself forward at one point(btw I'm 165ish lbs)... and it is made out of concrete (ask my head), Gusher is ok, very short for the wait and obviously the guinea pig for that technology (I think I rather do Aqua Duck) and I tried Gangplank Falls and that was lame. I guess it's just me... like I said before you are among many people that love that park, and it has to be the tropical theme, which it's what I was born and raise on, so BB is better theme for me because it's just hilarious and awkward theme for a water park, I just laugh at it all day.... Perfect example, we are all waiting for VB to open, but what I am looking for is quality and excitement of the rides and hopefully that volcano eruption will be awesome, besides that... don't really care about the same old south pacific/tropics theme "born there, live that, don't care". The good thing about BB is that is the least favorite which means quicker service at the Polar Pub lol :thumbsup:

I haven't been to TL is 20 years. I have never been to BB. I went to Aquatica once about 4 years ago.

Water Parks aren't really my thing. But I'm glad Disney is building something instead of closing something.

I did Mayday Falls and it hurt like a mofo all the way down and even had to push myself forward at one point(btw I'm 165ish lbs)... and it is made out of concrete (ask my head), Gusher is ok, very short for the wait and obviously the guinea pig for that technology (I think I rather do Aqua Duck) and I tried Gangplank Falls and that was lame. I guess it's just me... like I said before you are among many people that love that park, and it has to be the tropical theme, which it's what I was born and raise on, so BB is better theme for me because it's just hilarious and awkward theme for a water park, I just laugh at it all day.... Perfect example, we are all waiting for VB to open, but what I am looking for is quality and excitement of the rides and hopefully that volcano eruption will be awesome, besides that... don't really care about the same old south pacific/tropics theme "born there, live that, don't care". The good thing about BB is that is the least favorite which means quicker service at the Polar Pub lol :thumbsup:

I'll give you that Mayday Falls sucks. Still don't know what you're talking about with the concrete. Are you saying the surface of their slides are made out of concrete? I'd think a concrete surface would have too much friction to make a good water slide. I can't say I've ever paid a lot of attention, but I always had the feeling that the TL slides were just made from the same fiberglass material I've been on at any other water park I've been to.

I agree the tropical theme has been done to death, but I think TL has done it best. I give Volcano Bay a pass just because there is so much opportunity for creativity with volcano themeing. But I would love to see other big budget water parks built around other themes. Atlantis, for example, could be a cool one. I love BB's theme, it's very creative and whimsical, the park just needs to be cleaner and needs to add some new stuff.

Reactions: rioriz
I'll give you that Mayday Falls sucks. Still don't know what you're talking about with the concrete. Are you saying the surface of their slides are made out of concrete? I'd think a concrete surface would have too much friction to make a good water slide. I can't say I've ever paid a lot of attention, but I always had the feeling that the TL slides were just made from the same fiberglass material I've been on at any other water park I've been to.

I agree the tropical theme has been done to death, but I think TL has done it best. I give Volcano Bay a pass just because there is so much opportunity for creativity with volcano themeing. But I would love to see other big budget water parks built around other themes. Atlantis, for example, could be a cool one. I love BB's theme, it's very creative and whimsical, the park just needs to be cleaner and needs to add some new stuff.
This is what I mean by concrete water slides... Mayday Falls is similar to this. Of course they polish that concrete like there's no tomorrow but still they are not your typical fiber glass pieces you put together. BTW the Atlantis idea is great!!

Reactions: Mr. EPCOT
Seeing that Blizzard has NEVER seen additions, do you guys think it likely that Disney doubles up next year to combat Volcano Bay? Some over on Magic say they've heard of things in the works for BB.

Seeing that Blizzard has NEVER seen additions, do you guys think it likely that Disney doubles up next year to combat Volcano Bay? Some over on Magic say they've heard of things in the works for BB.

If they were smart, they would. I honestly never would have expected them to expand Typhoon Lagoon again, especially before Blizzard Beach has even had one expansion, so who knows at this point.

Reactions: Nick
If they were smart, they would. I honestly never would have expected them to expand Typhoon Lagoon again, especially before Blizzard Beach has even had one expansion, so who knows at this point.

Well, Blizzard Beach has "Frozen" games so according to Disney... carry the 1.. divide by 2.. they're good.

Crush N Gusher was added in 2005. If the new slide opens next year it will have been 12 years between additions.

As for Blizzard Beach, there are plans, but we'll see if Disney ever follows through with them.

Oh, and Typhoon and Blizzard are #2 and #3. I believe it's Chimelong waterpark in China is currently number 1 in attendance. That's a massive park in a huge country. It's beat the Disney parks the past few years.

From the plans it seems like it'll be a 6-person raft as opposed to the current 4-person one on the other side of the park, which constantly has the longest lines in the park (and doesn't even fit whole families). A 2 minute water park ride is a pretty damn good length, though.

From the description on Attractions Magazine, does it sound to anyone else like there actually may be a slight show scenes in the beginning? Not expecting much if there is as it's likely opening with Typhoon after the Spring refurb. Miss Fortune Falls raft attraction coming to Typhoon Lagoon

The story for the Miss Fortune Falls has been in development since 2010, apparently.
The attraction also ties into the Society of Explorers and Adventurers that Disney has created, which was started in Tokyo, brought to Hong Kong (Mystic Manor) and then WDW as the main theme of Skipper's Canteen.

Disney: Miss Fortune Falls ride set for Typhoon Lagoon - Orlando Sentinel

Faron Kelley, VP of Wide World of Sports, the water parks, and the mini golf had these things to say: "We’re thrilled to add to our menu of great guest experiences at Disney’s Water Parks with Miss Fortune Falls,"
"We believe this new attraction will quickly become a favorite with our guests, who are always looking for new ways to enjoy our parks,"

Makes me cringe. As if they've added so much to their water parks...
*sigh* Well, I'll say it again, thank you Universal and Volcano Bay.