Miss Adventure Falls - New Slide at Typhoon Lagoon | Page 4 | Inside Universal Forums

Miss Adventure Falls - New Slide at Typhoon Lagoon

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Since the spat of horrible accidents that have happened this year at water parks, legal probably suggested something more thrilling and less dangerous sounding.
I forgot about that incident...I guess Miss Fortune Falls doesn't exactly paint a rosy picture...

I forgot about that incident...I guess Miss Fortune Falls doesn't exactly paint a rosy picture...
On second thought, I believe now it had more to do with what pops up when you google Miss Fortune. Apparently, she's a video game character.
latest

Maybe I'm not the intended audience, but this ride doesn't appeal to me that much. I'm sure it will be a great ride for families, though.

Also, why is Disney so conservative with their theme park expansions and additions?

Reactions: Cheezbat
Maybe I'm not the intended audience, but this ride doesn't appeal to me that much. I'm sure it will be a great ride for families, though.

Also, why is Disney so conservative with their theme park expansions and additions?
Well it's a family raft ride, so yes, it will appeal far more to families than an individual person.

Reactions: SeventyOne
Maybe I have ridiculously low expectations, but this ride looks impressively themed for a water park ride.

As far as I'm concerned, this doesn't have to be at Universal's level. Disney building things is good for all of us.

I like the look of this ride and nothing about it makes me think it looks "sad" in comparison to VB. However, this new attraction at Typhoon is a diversion from the shark reef closing.

I understand that the reef was expensive to maintain, but it's also part of what made Typhoon Lagoon uniquely Disney back in the day. If they just let that sit there without redevelopment, then they have solved very little.

The area that Shark reef takes up is a sizeable area so redevelopment in that area could be pretty easy to add multiple slides, however, this being Disney, I expect it to just sit there for quite some time. Recent aerials show no movement at the site, which has been closed since October.

So the concept artwork looks almost the same as the older artwork. I also noticed how the slide has netting over it just like Crush N Gusher.

Say what you want about Universal not knowing how to theme a waterpark with colored slides, but this new slide doesn't really look like anything new, high tech, or really all that exciting. I'm underwhelmed.

So the concept artwork looks almost the same as the older artwork. I also noticed how the slide has netting over it just like Crush N Gusher.

Say what you want about Universal not knowing how to theme a waterpark with colored slides, but this new slide doesn't really look like anything new, high tech, or really all that exciting. I'm underwhelmed.
It's a family raft ride, it's not supposed to be ground breaking. It's something to promote and add some capacity.

Last edited:
It's a family raft ride, it's not supposed to be ground breaking. It's something to promote and add some capacity. The other family raft ride only holds 4 people per raft (and tends to have ridiculous wait times) while this one will hold 6.
True, but after all these years you'd think Disney would throw SOMETHING unique in there...a half pipe element, bowl, funnel...something. Just building another Teamboat Springs is a cheap addition for one of the most popular water parks on the planet.

Reactions: Scott W.