Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Mount Crumpit in Seuss Landing?

I think that it's really a toss up between the two.

Lorax would give IOA a major family friendly dark ride (major people eater)

A Grinch bobsled coaster would give Seuss an E ticket (Cat is a very solid D ticket, while the Trolley is barely a C-ticket)

I think they need both personally, and it would make Seuss a place adults can somewhat enjoy (like Fantasyland) and give IOA another weenie (lighthouse, Hogwarts Castle, Mt Crumpet)

But after Potter 2.0, Springfield, TF, the JP expansion, and the KidZone revamp/expansion, I could see Comcast using the excess profits to build both rides!

1. Lorax dark ride in plot next to Cat
2. Grinch coaster replaces Poseidon and area behind it (Mythos wouldn't be touched! :p)

Just wishful thinking of course!

^ I don't see them going over the bridge just to take posideon and not the rest of lost continent. This is supposed to be ISLANDS.

^ I don't see them going over the bridge just to take posideon and not the rest of lost continent. This is supposed to be ISLANDS.

And at the same time FJ is sitting in Jurassic Park.

If anything Suess Landing does NOT need a rollercoaster no matter how big or small.

Honestly this whole Grinch is special so no grinch ride is kind of invalid. If anything having Crumpit would make it more special. THey can still have the celebration but just center it around around Crumpit and maybe the Grinch ride storyline takes place between christmas'

If anything Suess Landing does NOT need a rollercoaster no matter how big or small.

Honestly this whole Grinch is special so no grinch ride is kind of invalid. If anything having Crumpit would make it more special. THey can still have the celebration but just center it around around Crumpit and maybe the Grinch ride storyline takes place between christmas'

Agreed big time. Not to mention a Grinch ride would be a staple attraction of the park. Imagine that, IOA having a marque family ride...

Agreed big time. Not to mention a Grinch ride would be a staple attraction of the park. Imagine that, IOA having a marque family ride...

Are you implying something? or just making a statement? lol and do you notice everybody keeps forgetting about the Disaster refurb? just throwing that out there because Disaster is the only thing I don't like at Universal Orlando and I can't wait for some changes on that attraction.

MK's Fantasyland will have 2 mid-level coasters next year
USF's KidZone has a coaster
Disneyland's Fantasyland has a major coaster

Why is Seuss Landing not allowed to have a coaster? It's the one area of the park that doesn't have anything resembling a thrill ride. In response, many visitors skip this area entirely or just ride Cat in the Hat. Add a Lorax dark ride in the plot next to Cat and you've got three major attractions that adults would be willing to ride

Seuss needs an E-ticket and a Mt. Crumpet coaster would make the most sense (not to mention provide a 80-120 ft tall mountain)
Plus, it could fulfill IOA's need of a family coaster that's more thrilling and immersive than Hippogriff but nowhere near Hulk or Dragons

35"-38" height requirement (modern day Matterhorn) would be just about right for this, and Poseidon's pretty low-rated so I wouldn't doubt if Comcast has been looking at it, thinking "This would be a great spot for an E-ticket for Seuss" lol :p

Lost Continent has become a purposeless Island though... a walkthrough, a cheesy stunt show, an amusing little mini-show, carnival games, and an amazing Greek restaurant.

If they didn't remove it for Potter, why would they remove it after Poseidon gets repurposed? If you look at Google Maps, moving Sinbad over and back a little, as well as tearing down the carnival games, would open up some room for a few low-key rides/attractions - the Liberty Square of IOA would be a great comparison for what this area should be... just a diversion from the high-energy areas of the rest of the park.

If you add a couple small attractions, the area could survive without Poseidon (people say it's a former shell of itself anyway), and it would give Universal a chance to be creative in how they would hide Mt. Crumpett from LC/connect Seuss to the ride.

Why is Seuss Landing not allowed to have a coaster? It's the one area of the park that doesn't have anything resembling a thrill ride. In response, many visitors skip this area entirely or just ride Cat in the Hat. Add a Lorax dark ride in the plot next to Cat and you've got three major attractions that adults would be willing to ride

Seuss needs an E-ticket and a Mt. Crumpet coaster would make the most sense (not to mention provide a 80-120 ft tall mountain)
Plus, it could fulfill IOA's need of a family coaster that's more thrilling and immersive than Hippogriff but nowhere near Hulk or Dragons

35"-38" height requirement (modern day Matterhorn) would be just about right for this, and Poseidon's pretty low-rated so I wouldn't doubt if Comcast has been looking at it, thinking "This would be a great spot for an E-ticket for Seuss" lol :p

The last thing Universal and IoA, especially in Seuss, needs is another height requirement ride, period.

When they built the WWOHP did they have the money to repurpose the LC with another major ride to cover DD and Hippogriff? I mean some sound as if this whole LC land was supposed to magically change and add a new ride. Im not saying I know they have plans to build a ride there but should we doubt there are plans? I'm not until I see a bulldozer tear down PF.

Patience. As for this Grinch coaster---If you want a park with more than 2 kid coasters in the same park--go to Disney. This is Universal and they don't need it especially when one is a couple hundred feet down the path and not to mention 3 mega coasters in their own respect.

Trackless dark ride through Mt. Crumpit would be perfect---Lorax would be good but it appears that it is not on the table.

They could do a grinch ride that is similar to et adventure. But of course with some more technology. I think by doing this it would be a good addition as it could be easily themed with the ride vehicle being the sled.

When they built the WWOHP did they have the money to repurpose the LC with another major ride to cover DD and Hippogriff? I mean some sound as if this whole LC land was supposed to magically change and add a new ride. Im not saying I know they have plans to build a ride there but should we doubt there are plans? I'm not until I see a bulldozer tear down PF.

Patience. As for this Grinch coaster---If you want a park with more than 2 kid coasters in the same park--go to Disney. This is Universal and they don't need it especially when one is a couple hundred feet down the path and not to mention 3 mega coasters in their own respect.

Trackless dark ride through Mt. Crumpit would be perfect---Lorax would be good but it appears that it is not on the table.

A Mt Crumpett coaster wouldn't be a kiddie coaster...

Hate to Fly, do you think the changes in JP amber mine would mean that a family coaster would go as Crumpit?

I have always thought they need to add kids rides to Sneetch Beach. It's offers the space support a number of small flat rides, which would solve the issue of "nothing for kids to do".

Really I'd like to see two frog hopper rides and a green grinch coaster that goes over the water. Those two combined with Cat in the Hat would be the little kids version of Marvel.

I have always thought they need to add kids rides to Sneetch Beach. It's offers the space support a number of small flat rides, which would solve the issue of "nothing for kids to do".

Really I'd like to see two frog hopper rides and a green grinch coaster that goes over the water. Those two combined with Cat in the Hat would be the little kids version of Marvel.
You know..two small flats in Suess...as well as Toon would definitely not be a bad idea I don't think

Love the idea of a frog hopper ride (not 2 though) on the lagoon! Maybe it could be themed to Yertle the Turtle? and have an AA turtle on top :)

IOA and USF should definitely start adding flat rides in the small spaces that can't fit a dark ride or a coaster or a show or a restaurant (the LC and TL carnival games areas are prime locations for a decent, well-themed flat ride for the whole family... or even a thrilling one!)
Personally, a cave holding a Horton Hears a Who show scene for a new Skipper Tours, the frog hopper and a triple decker Seussic and colorful ferris wheel (maybe the world's first? it would save space either way) - Sneetch Beach becomes a hot spot rather than the shortcut to dodging the Cat/1F2F/CaroSeussEl traffic!

Honestly a perfect Seuss expansion would be these ten things:

1. Mt. Crumpet coaster takes 80% of Poseidon and the surrounding expansion area behind and to right of Poseidon (there's a little bit of space)
2. Lorax dark ride (personally I want a flume that doesn't get you wet - similar to Small World but extremely unique in style)
3. Seussical stage show in Grinchmas soundstage (Grinchmas would still come during the Christmas season)
4. Extremely scaled-down Noisarium (an abandoned attraction concept that has the bare foundation placed by Cat - just add some special effects and sounds)
5. Seuss Trolley gets its capacity increased and more scenery/AAs
6. Cat in the Hat gets an extensive upgrade (new AAs/projections) and spinning returns to normal
7. Themed Frog Hopper (a turtle AA/small show effects) in small space by If I Ran the Zoo (which will get reduced)
8. Triple-Decker Ferris Wheel along Sneetch Beach
9. Cave along the beach for mini-Horton dark ride scene for new Skipper Tours
10. Skipper boarding station by LC/SL bridge

4 flat rides (Fish, CaroSeuss, Yertle, and Ferris Wheel)
2 small play areas (Zoo and Noisarium)
2 shows (Seussical and Oh the Stories)
2 dark rides (Cat and Lorax)
A Peoplemover (Seuss Trolley)
A transport station (Skipper Tours) shared with LC basically
And an E-ticket family coaster

12 (techinically 13) attractions and a land on par with every Fantasyland except Disneyland's (that one has 20 attractions so no one will ever truly top its versatile attraction types, and large attraction count).. same for KidZone if they were willing to put $500-$600 million into that area (it just has a lot to fix lol)

Of course a $200-$250 million expansion with a show in the Grinchmas soundstage, a well-themed Grinch family (NOT kiddie) coaster, maybe a flat ride along Sneetch Beach, and a Lorax dark ride would be just amazing in itself and I'd be greatly more than happy with that! :)

Am I the only one who thinks it would be strange to have a Christmas-themed attraction all-year round? If they added a Mt Crumpit coaster it would kind of take away from the uniqueness of the Grinchmas event, don't you think?