MSHI Expansion? | Page 22 | Inside Universal Forums

MSHI Expansion?

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I wonder if after Spider-Man is folded into the MCU that they'll do a major overhaul to the ride to fall in line with the movies.

Spiderman works well because of its cohesive story..As long as that is preserved/improved upon, I'm game..

That makes a lot of sense, I can easily see a storyline of being recruited into SHIELD as an Avengers support team equipped with very basic Iron Man armor. Maybe design in some interactivity where you blast some bad guys.

I would love to see another interactive ride like that in the parks...MIB is still one of the best for re-rides

I wonder if after Spider-Man is folded into the MCU that they'll do a major overhaul to the ride to fall in line with the movies.

That's what I've been thinking ever since these rumors started. If they are going MCU, the ride is too cartoonish and won't fit. I do hope they keep it, but an overhaul would definitely be in order!

Do we also have a date on this based on guesstimation? It sounds like the obvious is Kong in 2016, maybe Fallon too. Possibly Nintendo in 2017 or 2018? What're you all thinking about this?

That's what I've been thinking ever since these rumors started. If they are going MCU, the ride is too cartoonish and won't fit. I do hope they keep it, but an overhaul would definitely be in order!

Do we also have a date on this based on guesstimation? It sounds like the obvious is Kong in 2016, maybe Fallon too. Possibly Nintendo in 2017 or 2018? What're you all thinking about this?

Could get a little weird with a hyper-real make over and Avengers ride...and then the mix of 90's cartoon/re-animated CG of Spiderman...

Depends on what Universal/Disney's (weird to say that) new vision is for the land

Well, based on the one new attraction per park per year this could be on track for 2017 (?), 2018 (F&F per JS), or 2019 (Nintendo?).

Could get a little weird with a hyper-real make over and Avengers ride...and then the mix of 90's cartoon/re-animated CG of Spiderman...

Depends on what Universal/Disney's (weird to say that) new vision is for the land

If anything, I'm thinking same track, same tech...just redoing the queue and video to suit the new movies (whatever they may look like). Only issue with this is how the new movie will pan out based on reception. There's no guarantee the film could end up being another Amazing Spider-Man situation and I don't think Universal would want to bank on something in advance, even with Avengers affiliation. What sucks is that the solo movie won't be out until Summer 2017, so how long do they wait to change it? So much speculation so little time!

Also, not sure how it works with Sony still owning the rights now that I think about it.

Well, based on the one new attraction per park per year this could be on track for 2017 (?), 2018 (F&F per JS), or 2019 (Nintendo?).

I dunno timelines. There's so much on the docket it seems nearly impossible to guess what's happening when. Educated guesses:

2016: Kong (definite), New Hulk (pretty sure)
2017: Volcano Bay (definite) Fallon(?)
2018/2019: F&F(?) Nintendo(?) Avengers(?)

F&F and Avengers are the two I feel least comfortable giving out a timeframe for. Both will probably require a lot of site work and demolition. Nintendo I feel like will be Summer 2018. That's nothing more than an educated guess. There's so much going on at the resort it's hard to get a read on when these projects will happen/be finished until machinery starts moving.

I dunno timelines. There's so much on the docket it seems nearly impossible to guess what's happening when. Educated guesses:

2016: Kong (definite), New Hulk (pretty sure)
2017: Volcano Bay (definite) Fallon(?)
2018/2019: F&F(?) Nintendo(?) Avengers(?)

F&F and Avengers are the two I feel least comfortable giving out a timeframe for. Both will probably require a lot of site work and demolition. Nintendo I feel like will be Summer 2018. That's nothing more than an educated guess. There's so much going on at the resort it's hard to get a read on when these projects will happen/be finished until machinery starts moving.

Well this raises the interesting question of if they are revising The Hulk and opening an Avengers ride later, would they remodel the rest of the Marvel Island with the new Hulk or wait until The Avengers ride is in place?

Well this raises the interesting question of if they are revising The Hulk and opening an Avengers ride later, would they remodel the rest of the Marvel Island with the new Hulk or wait until The Avengers ride is in place?

I'd imagine, if the land is still getting a thematic upgrade, it will probably be an ongoing thing.

Wouldn't a retheme to the MCU characters vs comic book characters not take that long? I mean, we are talking about signage and facades and que updates,not building an entire land here(except whatever the Avengers Ride will be)...the only thing that might take a little time is if they wanted to go live with TAS, VS. the comic book look...I personally hope they go BIG for Avengers alla Kong....Open it right along the same time as Infinity War Part 1(2018)...Would also LOVE a GOTG dark ride in that same vein!

Wouldn't a retheme to the MCU characters vs comic book characters not take that long? I mean, we are talking about signage and facades and que updates,not building an entire land here(except whatever the Avengers Ride will be)...the only thing that might take a little time is if they wanted to go live with TAS, VS. the comic book look...I personally hope they go BIG for Avengers alla Kong....Open it right along the same time as Infinity War Part 1(2018)...Would also LOVE a GOTG dark ride in that same vein!

GOTG is not part of Universal's controlled characters

So, would they say 'resort' if they meant one per year for UOR? By using the word 'park', does that mean one for IOA and one for The studios?

I think it is neither here or there. Some years will see multiple attractions at either American park, other years just one great big honker per.

2016 and 17 will be that kind of dichotomy.

I think it is neither here or there. Some years will see multiple attractions at either American park, other years just one great big honker per.

2016 and 17 will be that kind of dichotomy.

It seems a ton has been greenlighted for 2017 and 2018..I think it would be best to let the events unfold instead of trying to build a calendar..

It's far too much fun to speculate on what is going on, especially when someone mentions something and Teebin and others then give subtle or not so subtle hints of being on the right track etc then people discuss things even more and then more and more details slowly emerge.

Why would any of us want to do that? I love all the speculation and taboo information and details. It gets my knickers all twisted... :look:

I don't like twisting your knickers..

I prefer taking it year by year, and speculation on what's coming is swell too..

Speaking of swell things, could we potentially see Universal bring a live action show to the Marvel area..would love to see that

Speaking of swell things, could we potentially see Universal bring a live action show to the Marvel area..would love to see that

A Marvel live action show would be cool...but they'd either have to do something on a small scale street performance show, or they'd have to build a new theatre/annex the Toon Lagoon Theater into MSHI. I'm still waiting to see if they're going to do the whole "lagoon show" that was being discussed 2 years ago. They could easily integrate elements of Marvel from it. Looks like it's not a big priority for them right now...but boy, would a Disney-style epic nighttime show be a great send-off at the end of the night!

Last edited:
I'll add some kindling to the Marvel rumor fire: Hulk attraction TMs were informed that they would be relocated to other attractions just before HHN this year. Can anyone else confirm?