MSHI Expansion? | Page 20 | Inside Universal Forums

MSHI Expansion?

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
This is an interesting question. On the surface, one might expect something vaguely along the lines of Spider-Man (since that's kind of Universal's M.O. for non-coaster thrill rides these days), but given that an Avengers ride would be - for all intents and purposes - right next door to Spidey, I can't imagine they'd go that route. It wouldn't really fit a classic dark ride model (though I'd love to see them try), and there are already three major water rides right up the walkway, so I'd think water is out. What does that leave if we're talking about a major E-ticket experience that would do justice to the characters?
Unless one of those or both of those water rides might be closed or re purposed by 2018 :look:

This is an interesting question. On the surface, one might expect something vaguely along the lines of Spider-Man (since that's kind of Universal's M.O. for non-coaster thrill rides these days), but given that an Avengers ride would be - for all intents and purposes - right next door to Spidey, I can't imagine they'd go that route. It wouldn't really fit a classic dark ride model (though I'd love to see them try), and there are already three major water rides right up the walkway, so I'd think water is out. What does that leave if we're talking about a major E-ticket experience that would do justice to the characters?

This is why I think the Avengers Tower E Ticket is ideal unless they do a flying coaster. Personally I'd want the Tower replacing Doom and a GOTG ride where the Toon Lagoon theater is. I just can't imagine how two simulator dark rides can be right next to each other. You could say the same about DM, Transformers, and soon Fallon being in such close proximity to each other, but they're all different varitions of ride systems.

I Can assure you I don't think we were trying to convince you, at least not me. Only piggy backing what Cole said about doom. For what it is and where it is, it's a greta attraction. I once got on doom 14 times in a row. Probably won't do that again but definitely was fun!
While that is the case I personally in my own opinion love being launched upwards. I see it as, if you're going to take me up high and let me fall then it may as well turn into a coaster for speed thrill at some point. But the 0 gravity thing on doom rocks for me. I do however love TOT theming, but I never got pure thrill. It was only something exciting for me, partly because it is enclosed.
Doom is wide open and no story telling. That works for me in a thrill ride.

Also could it be possible doom may leave because the skyscraper coaster will include the tallest drop tower of some kind? So why would anyone get on doom with the sky-coaster/drop tower/ zip line right up the street? Maybe it plays a part?
I wasn't meaning to say that anyone was trying to convince me, just that i'll always hate the attraction and it sits on a piece of a huge expansion pad. Didn't mean anything more by it.

A ride like Kong that uses a lot of different elements & not wholly screens may be the answer. The screens or projections could be used to simulate fast paced action while massive sets and interactions on those sets establishes the rest of the story.

I can't speak for other insiders, but all I got is Avengers E-Ticket complete with MCU likenesses.

From what I'm hearing the old contract may have had an exciting ride through the shreader.

Any insight into what might be in this new contract?

If Universal is really trying to cash in on the Avengers thing, they probably should've been on it by now. Not that the franchise is losing any steam, but it's weird they decided now they want to do this and not when the first movie broke nearly every record imaginable at the box office.

If Universal is really trying to cash in on the Avengers thing, they probably should've been on it by now. Not that the franchise is losing any steam, but it's weird they decided now they want to do this and not when the first movie broke nearly every record imaginable at the box office.

Theme parks aren't always about capitalizing on what's hot right right now. See also: Simpsons, Harry Potter, Fast & Furious, King Kong, etc.

Theme parks aren't always about capitalizing on what's hot right right now. See also: Simpsons, Harry Potter, Fast & Furious, King Kong, etc.

Star Wars :look:

I think they're building Furious at the perfect time. The ride will be open just as the 8th installment is out and will drive attendance (no pun intended) in 2017 with Cabana Bay and the Fallon simulator.

What are these new B&M restraints like? Someone mentioned 'rubber vest', does this mean it is similar to the ones on Manta?

As for as Dr Doom is concerned, technically the ride is a space shot not a drop tower ... it is a fun little ride, but I agree ... it is not something you really go wow over and not something you really want to wait for. Would be awesome if they could combine spaceshot with droptower, you get shot up and then you remain at the top for a second or two and then you drop, not sure if that could work though. You know what would be awesome if it could be engineered, a face down drop where you first stand up and then your entire body hangs horizontal. So basically you'd have to be enclosed in a cage like structure ...

So, how certain is this Avengers ride and what type of ride are we talking about it?

What are these new B&M restraints like? Someone mentioned 'rubber vest', does this mean it is similar to the ones on Manta?

As for as Dr Doom is concerned, technically the ride is a space shot not a drop tower ... it is a fun little ride, but I agree ... it is not something you really go wow over and not something you really want to wait for. Would be awesome if they could combine spaceshot with droptower, you get shot up and then you remain at the top for a second or two and then you drop, not sure if that could work though. You know what would be awesome if it could be engineered, a face down drop where you first stand up and then your entire body hangs horizontal. So basically you'd have to be enclosed in a cage like structure ...

So, how certain is this Avengers ride and what type of ride are we talking about it?

See, now that sounds fun. Just shooting up and slowly going down is very boring though.

I know this is the MSHI thread but this photo appears to be an inverted coaster train, which gets me thinking, might we be eventually getting new trains for Dragon Challenge? Maybe even new new paint scheme and fiberglasss shells to represent better represent the coasters new Potter them.