MSHI Expansion? | Page 18 | Inside Universal Forums

MSHI Expansion?

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I think it's cool, as I said before its probably the most iconic thing in the resort's skyline. That and it's pure silver age fun. I luv it
I'd say the most iconic things in the resorts skyline are the Hulk, HRRR and to a lesser extent the IOA lighthouse.

While Uni generally presents Doom when showcasing it's "skyline", it's not iconic in anyway for me because the attraction sucks.

I'd say the most iconic things in the resorts skyline are the Hulk, HRRR and to a lesser extent the IOA lighthouse.

While Uni generally presents Doom when showcasing it's "skyline", it's not iconic in anyway for me because the attraction sucks.

Yes, it simply rises above everything, therefore it is noticable...A ride in the zone of people either being 1) Too scared to ride or 2) Ridden it before and know it's the tamest drop tower ever

I wonder if anyone would notice if it wasn't there..

Yes, it simply rises above everything, therefore it is noticable...A ride in the zone of people either being 1) Too scared to ride or 2) Ridden it before and know it's the tamest drop tower ever

I wonder if anyone would notice if it wasn't there..

I certainly would.
Its the most noticeable thing in and out of the park.
Unless Uni is replacing Doom with another drop tower or non family ride i hope it stays!

Destroy Doom and build an Avengers Tower ride where Ultron's army is attacking you and sending you around the building. Boom, an instantly better attraction and more iconic tower.

The new restraints are FAR better than the previous "skull bashers" that B&M have used since their inception...but you're right, the new rubber vests hug you pretty tightly. Then again, I'm a bit on the..."portly" side, so that could be part of it too. Regardless, new Hulk trains with the modern restraints and onboard audio is AWESOME!!! Now if they could just get rid of the metal detectors...

"skull crushers" is far too kind to describe the current restraints. I can only do two or three rides before I call it quits. I would welcome any new restraints.

Because it's about as desired as a sore thumb.

The only uglier thing at UOR is Rockit, and at the very least it has a semi decent lighting package at night.

Different spokes for different folks I guess, although you can't deny it looks kinda cool in it's little alley spurting off fog every once in a while. Also atleast we can both agree the rockit is the ugliest thing in orlando lol

I think it's cool, as I said before its probably the most iconic thing in the resort's skyline. That and it's pure silver age fun. I luv it

The queue has dirty concrete and looks Six Flags-esque. It's a dead tie with Hulk queue for 'things that'll make Disney sue to get the license back'.

MSHI is by far the closest Uni has come to a Six Flags environment. It reminds me of what Six Flags would build if they were competent. Which they are not. And they end up with something MSHIish. I would be OK with an upgrade to the whole island to a slightly darker more realistic environ, while keeping a heavy comic book tone. Like the office area in the Spider-man queue.

MSHI is by far the closest Uni has come to a Six Flags environment. It reminds me of what Six Flags would build if they were competent. Which they are not. And they end up with something MSHIish. I would be OK with an upgrade to the whole island to a slightly darker more realistic environ, while keeping a heavy comic book tone. Like the office area in the Spider-man queue.
Yeah, the saving grace of MSHI from being just a generic, Six Flags-esque land is Spider-Man.

Without Spidey, it's just a bunch of off the shelf, bare minimum themed rides and cardboard cutouts.

I see many are looking at the skyline of Universal and mentioning Doom and Rockit.

Isn't it sad I'd rather see the Rockit go before Doom?
No real point in Rockit going first though. Rockit takes up room that is mostly built on backstage areas with not much room for expansion anyway.

Doom is sitting on a prime expansion pad. If getting rid of Doom means Avengers ride, then get it out ASAP.

Back when IOA first opened, I was told that the layout of the Doom attraction was intentionally built with the infrastructure to add two additional towers if needed (making a 2 x 2 grid). I'm not saying this is true - I just figured I would mention it to see if anyone else ever heard this?

The horse collars are leaving. But there will still be over the shoulder restraints. Much more comfortable. And on board audio. Sub woofer under your butt!

Thank you Disneyhead for just putting the information out there, without all the silly games. :thumbs:

Whaaaa? The queue for doom is the best part!!! The video, his layer, dark lighting, doom bots and some of the best music on property?!?! You all are insane lol. I think it's far from six flags when it comes to theming, it's supposed to be a kinda flat land becahse of it's source material. That and it's rich in details and references to all things marvel. Hulk and doom aren't typical thrill rides either, both use jet technology to shoot off and have personalized queue videos and theming around it. IOA needed an island dedicated to rollercoasters and thrill rides and this fits the bill perfectly

Whaaaa? The queue for doom is the best part!!! The video, his layer, dark lighting, doom bots and some of the best music on property?!?! You all are insane lol. I think it's far from six flags when it comes to theming, it's supposed to be a kinda flat land becahse of it's source material. That and it's rich in details and references to all things marvel. Hulk and doom aren't typical thrill rides either, both use jet technology to shoot off and have personalized queue videos and theming around it. IOA needed an island dedicated to rollercoasters and thrill rides and this fits the bill perfectly
The "jet technology" is exactly why Doom is a lackluster ride. It's a fun lift-off, but then the rest of the ride is an underwhelming, slow trip back down that takes up the majority of the ride time.

I love the film but hate the state it's in. The doom bots looks great but the rest is lackluster.