NBA City Closed | Page 8 | Inside Universal Forums

NBA City Closed

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder if Comcast has any incentive to bring in outside restaurants. Most of the new places are Universal concepts, right? I would imagine that Comcast gets to keep all of the revenue for their own concepts, while a franchise means they only get rent / a portion of the revenue.

I would like to see a new concept from John Rivers (4Rivers, The Coop). Or maybe a Taste of Orlando with 4Rivers, Ravenous Pig, and Kress Chophouse.

John Rivers is a right-wing Christian that doesn't open his restaurants on Sundays, so that really wouldn't work there.

A "taste of Orlando" sounds kind of cool, but why have those there when people can go to the REAL ones, not that far away?

I am still thinking that a BBQ restaurant of some sort, with in-house smokers, etc, would be nice, but Asian food may also do well, because Panda doesn't count as real food in my book. Tchoup Chop already represents Pacific Rim, and The Palm is a wonderful steakhouse, so hopefully something that isn't already represented will replace NBA.

I think Cheesecake Factory is a terrible idea, mostly because there is one at Mall of Millenia, just a few minutes away, and I have never been impressed with their rather pedestrian food. For our bigger restaurants, it does seem that we are moving away from the chains, Margaritaville being one exception, but they certainly aren't everywhere. The smaller places, like Menchies and the Food Court, are where we have national chains. I also would bet that NBC Sports will open in conjunction with NBA closing. Having 2 large venues closed at the same time isn't good for business.

Reactions: *Q*
A "taste of Orlando" sounds kind of cool, but why have those there when people can go to the REAL ones, not that far away?

Speaking for myself, even when my family has a car, we want to use it as few times as possible. I'd rather not leave property. I think at Taste of Orlando idea is great, but should be located somewhere else.

I said OUTSIDE of resort guests, but you looked right past that wording...
Why would a non-resort guest pay the stupid parking charge to bowl here when there are many other free parking options in Orlando

Why would a non-resort guest pay the stupid parking charge to bowl here when there are many other free parking options in Orlando

CBBR has plenty of short-term parking spaces. I've used them many a time with no issues. As long as your car isn't there overnight, you're good. And the short-term parking is right inside the main loop, so it's a very short walk to Galaxy Bowl. Trust me, it's well worth the visit.

I would like to see a new concept from John Rivers (4Rivers, The Coop). Or maybe a Taste of Orlando with 4Rivers, Ravenous Pig, and Kress Chophouse.
Doubt that would ever happen, the Coop can barley survive with one location. Plus the bad service, I don't think this could ever happen in CityWalk.

CBBR has plenty of short-term parking spaces. I've used them many a time with no issues. As long as your car isn't there overnight, you're good. And the short-term parking is right inside the main loop, so it's a very short walk to Galaxy Bowl. Trust me, it's well worth the visit.
...So you park in the area for guest check-in? Real nice of you to do that.

Reactions: Jon84
What ever happened to that WWE Hall of fame / Restaurant coming to Uni ?

With the huge popularity of NXT right there at Fullsail University, they may be revisiting that idea, or no?

What ever happened to that WWE Hall of fame / Restaurant coming to Uni ?

With the huge popularity of NXT right there at Fullsail University, they may be revisiting that idea, or no?

We've heard the usual rumors for the locale (like WWE HoF - although Cheesecake is dead) and a few new ideas. As of now, we're unsure.

Reactions: Porkchop
WWE won't agree until TNA stops filming at the soundstages. Universal gets tax breaks for supporting Film in Florida. So until TNA shuts down or stops filming at Universal (the former more likely), WWE won't be going there.

Universal/Comcast find them an attractive tenant because their programming is on Comcast networks. Synergy and whatever.

Reactions: Porkchop
Status
Not open for further replies.