NBC Sports Grill Brew | Page 17 | Inside Universal Forums

NBC Sports Grill Brew

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I wonder if for special events like Superbowl Sunday etc, they have any plans in mind for extra external seating to watch the game on that screen and be served drinks there.
Would probably cause crazy access issues to the studios (as well as maybe not be complicit with alcohol laws), but would be pretty cool to experience.

^ Yeah... I am wondering if the outside screens might require a kind of ASCAP style licensing. Some of those are cable only channels and not broadcast and therefore not "free". On the other hand, one would think that any channel would be happy to have their logo broadcast 20' tall.

I'm sure broadcasting anything out there requires a host of licenses/deals. That's something I expect a multinational media company to be able to handle. So far, it's the same Olympics ads on repeat.

Reactions: Parkscope Joe
I really doubt that Uni wants people standing around watching a game outside. The point is to get them in.$$$

I think this was done more for a shock factor and special events.

Guaranteed there's a Super Bowl Watch Party area set up with a pop up bar and a buffet type deal with food from NBC
That will likely be the overflow area and they may even charge for entry inside (if they follow a similar setup as ESPN Club does).

Outside would be used for times when they are at capacity inside most likely, which will be fairly hard to do outside of the Super Bowl and maybe some Olympic days. A 900 seat restaurant is gonna be hard to fill to the max unless it's a HUGE event sports night.

I really like how all the glass walls on the side of the restaurant open up when it's nice out. Makes it feel really open and inviting. Makes it easier to take in the citywalk atmosphere.

I wonder if for special events like Superbowl Sunday etc, they have any plans in mind for extra external seating to watch the game on that screen and be served drinks there.
Would probably cause crazy access issues to the studios (as well as maybe not be complicit with alcohol laws), but would be pretty cool to experience.
Not sure how alcohol laws work or any law for that matter but doesn't citywalk as a whole have a liquor licence... theres kiosks right in front of the NBC sports grill & Brew that sell alcohol

Star Wars trailer on these TVs?

They didn't show the NBC game on the big screen last night, I doubt they show MNF tonight.

At this point kind of resigned to the fact the giant TVs will only be used to show commercials. It's the kind of dumb move I'd expect from Disney, but it seems to be the case.

Have they run any live television yet on the outside screen or will they ever? What are they going to do about advertising?
Why give away free what you can be charging for (food & drinks) inside. I would think it will just be teasers & commercials, except for special occasions. It sure looks huge in person. Much, much better than the Nascar eyesore.

Why give away free what you can be charging for (food & drinks) inside. I would think it will just be teasers & commercials, except for special occasions. It sure looks huge in person. Much, much better than the Nascar eyesore.

If someone wants to watch the game for free they can still do thy standing outside and looking in. They should get rights at least to NBC games outside, otherwise what a waste of money.

The Jumbotron looks very vibrant and crystal clear from afar (or at least it did last night)... but as of right now it still seems really tacky if they only end up showing commercials 99% of the time.

Official red carpet event on Thursday with NBC Sports "celebrities."

Screenshot%202015-10-20%20at%209.04.51%20PM_zpszct27otv.png