Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

NBC Sports Grill Brew

I went over to CityWalk on Friday night and actually found myself enjoying watching the Olympics on the bleachers. That pop up bar at the top was a godsend.
Sounds like a real event feel to it. The Pittsburgh Penguins do something similar for their away and sold out home playoff games. And many thousands show up to watch it outdoors on the big screen, even in bad weather....If this was at WDW they'd probably have a special charge hard ticket event to sit & drink in that area. :)

Sounds like a real event feel to it. The Pittsburgh Penguins do something similar for their away and sold out home playoff games. And many thousands show up to watch it outdoors on the big screen, even in bad weather....If this was at WDW they'd probably have a special charge hard ticket event to sit & drink in that area. :)
Watching the Penguins game sounds like fun. The Disney description sounds about right.

Universal is making money on alcohol sales. That is why they pit the bleachers up. Disney would have done it free too because you make more in alcohol sales allowing people to be there for free. Alcohol is the largest mark up item a restaurant sells. Everyone wants to sell more of it.

The more I think about it the more I realize there is a lot of potential of those screens. I wonder what else Universal might do with them?

I just hope it does not involve the use of 3D glasses.

Yeah, if they've now purchased those bleachers to keep in storage on-site, they can surely now make a quick killing by whipping them out for big sporting events like Superbowl etc.

Not saying you don't have a legitimate gripe... But Universal can't win with that damn screen. :lol:

"That screen just shows NBC commercials? BOOOO"

"That screen showed live sports and caused traffic jams....BOOOOO"

I wasn't meaning it as a gripe though. Just an observation. I actually love it myself. It adds so much to the atmosphere at night when pulling up in the boat and you see Hard Rock lit up on one side and the big huge tv on the other.

Yeah, if they've now purchased those bleachers to keep in storage on-site, they can surely now make a quick killing by whipping them out for big sporting events like Superbowl etc.

It'd only work for events they can license to show in such a public way. Why Disney did the WC station in Odyssee and UOR could do Olympics. I doubt you'll see events on Fox, ABC, or CBS properties show up here. Plus you'd need to justify the expenditures beyond one day of sales.

It'd only work for events they can license to show in such a public way. Why Disney did the WC station in Odyssee and UOR could do Olympics. I doubt you'll see events on Fox, ABC, or CBS properties show up here. Plus you'd need to justify the expenditures beyond one day of sales.
If NBC ever picked up the March Madness broadcast rights that would be perfect for them. It's yearly, it's over fairly quick and there's a big base of fans and it will draw people to the restaurant.

Finally got around to eating here. The intention was to eat at Toothsome, but it was PACKED, so we popped on over here. My friends that were with me got a wrap (can't remember which one) and the Mac & Cheese. I got the French Dip Sandwich (Basically a Roastbeef & Cheddar sandwich). We all thought the food was very good and I can definitely see myself going back a lot during HHN.

Finally got around to eating here. The intention was to eat at Toothsome, but it was PACKED, so we popped on over here. My friends that were with me got a wrap (can't remember which one) and the Mac & Cheese. I got the French Dip Sandwich (Basically a Roastbeef & Cheddar sandwich). We all thought the food was very good and I can definitely see myself going back a lot during HHN.

(Just get the cheese curds, pretzel, and 862 IPA. Bae.)