NBCUniversal Evolution Plan | Page 2 | Inside Universal Forums

NBCUniversal Evolution Plan

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Well seeing as Hippogriff is part of the expansion, I really can not think of another spot for it.
I've heard some rumor that Harry Potter would receive a smaller D-Ticket "Cat-in-the-Hat" level ride. Maybe that's what the Shrek building will house for Harry Potter.

They could easily cram a kiddie coaster anywhere they want to. I don't think finding space for that should be too much of an issue.

I've heard some rumor that Harry Potter would receive a smaller D-Ticket "Cat-in-the-Hat" level ride. Maybe that's what the Shrek building will house for Harry Potter.

They could easily cram a kiddie coaster anywhere they want to. I don't think finding space for that should be too much of an issue.
I disagree.  Those things take more space than you think for proper safety and operating standards. Wherever they put it also has to flow with the theme-ing of whatever part of Potter it goes into. Can't exactly throw a Hippogriff ride next to Olivanders or something. I'm sure that they already have a very strict plan in place for what buildings and features from the books will be included. I'd imagine they have to stick to a tight plan, because this park really can't afford to take away much more from the existing theme park. All that said, I'm thinking they'll build the outdoor ride in one of the outdoor spaces they're about to clear. I can see them trying to use an existing building like Shrek later on in the process when it eventually closes to avoid demo costs.

^ I totally agree. Hippogriff will probably go somewhere that'll be a cleared empty plot next to Hogwarts castle. Makes sense thematically, and I just can't see them demo an existing building like Shrek for the coaster. I'm hoping it'll go elsewhere so that Shrek can be used for something else....

Freak, no, no D-ticket dark ride....not happening haha. Thematically they can put a Shrieking Shack themed ride where Shrek is and it'll make sense since it's next to Hogsmeade, but way too many reasons why I don't see that happening

Last edited by a moderator:
I can't get over how stupid the MiceChat members are in their speculation for our Wizarding World. And they dare call out Adri? I'm rollin' up my sleeves. They think we have room for something besides Forbidden Journey, Hippogriff and Hogsmeade. And they think we can get the stuff Orlando is getting for the Potter Land 2 and have a train connect Hogswarts down to the lower lot or somethin. Pardon me why I giggle my ass off. :p

Why speculate nonsensically and then go ahead and argue with a Universal expert like Adri? It's like me arguing with someone over Six Flags....

[HASHTAG]#rantover[/HASHTAG]

Actually nope, not done. Know what I'm dreading the most? When everyone I know and every news outlet is gonna start calling the Wizarding World expansion it's own new theme park. "The Harry Potter theme park". Gets under my skin so much. Is it that hard to call it simply a new land/area? You don't see them announcing Carsland, Antarctica and New Fantasyland being their own theme park....

[HASHTAG]#rantreallyover[/HASHTAG]

I can't get over how stupid the MiceChat members are in their speculation for our Wizarding World. And they dare call out Adri? I'm rollin' up my sleeves. They think we have room for something besides Forbidden Journey, Hippogriff and Hogsmeade. And they think we can get the stuff Orlando is getting for the Potter Land 2 and have a train connect Hogswarts down to the lower lot or somethin. Pardon me why I giggle my ass off. :p

Why speculate nonsensically and then go ahead and argue with a Universal expert like Adri? It's like me arguing with someone over Six Flags....

[HASHTAG]#rantover[/HASHTAG]

Actually nope, not done. Know what I'm dreading the most? When everyone I know and every news outlet is gonna start calling the Wizarding World expansion it's own new theme park. "The Harry Potter theme park". Gets under my skin so much. Is it that hard to call it simply a new land/area? You don't see them announcing Carsland, Antarctica and New Fantasyland being their own theme park....

[HASHTAG]#rantreallyover[/HASHTAG]
I can't really say too much on the matter since I don't want to bad mouth too much, but the atmosphere on that site is very different than this one. And I really hope no one ever feels belittled on IU.That said: Alan, I freaking love you.

I doubt anyone feels belittled on here, we're all respectful and professional even when there's a difference of opinion. I constantly read MiceChat to get my fill of Disney gossip, but I have yet to actually join it due to all the unnecessary BS and disrespect to fellow members.

And I love ya too ;) :D

Let's move back to the Evolution Plan. No need to discuss another site here.

But in terms of getting something new, I really doubt it. We've almost cemented our general plan for years now, so it's pretty obvious where this is heading. That's not to say there won't be surprises in store, but I think the bulk of Harry Potter has been semi-confirmed.

The only SMART addition I would add is either a larger Ollivanders or a double "theatre" Ollivanders. That's a problematic area in Florida's larger version due to the small show capacity and demand. You can imagine how our version, which will lack Dragon Challenge and overall less rides in the park, will handle it. That's the only little "extra" thing I'd add.

While I think we'll get an almost full Hogsmeade, I think the one area of Hogsmeade that will for sure be minimized is The Three Broomsticks restaurant. It'd be super foolish to leave it out (I'd be excited for it! Finally a higher quality restaurant inside USH), BUT I do honestly think that the space of the restaurant will be smaller. It's a large space in Florida, and I for some reason can't see us getting the full thing. If we do, by all means lets do it!

Jon, I know the financial priority for the theme park will be Wizarding World (after Despicable Me of course) but do you think we'll see construction of one of the (planned) new tour "attractions" as well or will everything else be after Potter opens?

I know Florida is different, but they have a few large scale projects being done at the same time. Think we'll see another construction project during Potter?

The biggest reason I'd wanna see another attraction to open before Potter is because we seriously need to add more capacity to the park, as Potter will make it a nightmare for years to come!

Reactions: Jon Fu
I just hope USH understands how popular the land is...

It's a sardine can in Islands of Adventure, and their park is twice as big as ours with more rides in the park. And if I'm not mistaken, our local crowds will make it even more hectic. I just really think we need something else besides Minion Mayhem to control the crowds.

Like I told Adri, look at what happened during this year's spring break. Three hour hectic lines. Yes, T2 is closed, but imagine how hectic it will be once there are more crowds for Potter. Mass chaos....I'm excited, I'm a huge Potter fan. But I'm dreading the crowds. We won't be able to comfortably enjoy our Wizard World till at least 2018...

I sure do hope you're right! I'm sure USH will install a sort of "fast pass"/appoappointment system for our Wizarding World kind of like what they've been doing in Orlando. Which is actually very smart. But again, I hope another ride comes before Potter, only to help ease congestion.

I'll tell you guys one thing for sure though. I think when Wizarding World opens, I'll have to splurge on a Gate A pass for the first time ever.

Gate A passes amuse me. I keep seeing tourists with them in the off season and just think to myself dude you wasted so much money. People seem to think this is IOA and that we're always busy. I doubt I'd ever be able to justify it, even for Potter. Its a lot of money to pay to placate a lack of patience and planning.

Even IOA and USO dont really need express passes a lot of the time. And most people who spend the extra money to get this passes are oblivious to what actually goes on in the park. so they figure i want everything in this one trip. But i do the same thing while walking around USH i look at all the Gate A passes and im like really you just spent $130 holly crap. This ticket sales plus VIP sales must keep the park in good standings. There are always at least 30 people who get the Gate A ($3900) VIP maybe 15 ($4500) it takes 56 regular paid tickets to equal the VIP amount or 46 for the Gate A admission. Universal must love this customers. especially cause most visitors are AP members which dont really add to the daily cash flow.

I think once Potter hits the park, you'll definitely see the justification for Gate A. If crowds are anything like Halloween Horror Nights, wait times for even the smallest attraction will be unbearable.

Maybe that will be the time when I can finally buy a VIP Experience Pass. I just know I can't wait for something longer than two hours.

Reactions: Allen The Actor
We might just be getting back to the day were a lot of attractions will have 1-2 hour lines for classic attractions(JP, Simpsons)  and 2-4 for new attraction(HP, Transformers, Studio Tour, Minions).

Gate A passes amuse me. I keep seeing tourists with them in the off season and just think to myself dude you wasted so much money. People seem to think this is IOA and that we're always busy. I doubt I'd ever be able to justify it, even for Potter. Its a lot of money to pay to placate a lack of patience and planning.
I wouldn't say its that much of a waste of money.  We sell on-peak and off-peak Gate A passes and the way to have guests buy the Off-peak passes is they are able to see extra stuff during shows and its only available for off-peak seasons. For Waterworld you're able to talk privately with the cast and learn a bit more about how the show works. With Animal Actors is the same thing but of course they bring out the animals for you.

If you've noticed on the Schedule sheet there are stars printed next to the showtimes and thats when the behind-the-scenes segments are available.

As for Harry Potter I've been looking at google maps on the layout of the park and I can see that they can add another entrance to wizarding world with the walkway towards gibson.  There is a crew member path that goes under the walk way so they may have to obstruct the view of it from the guests but I can see that its do-able.  An extra path in or out of the land would be helpful in preventing crowds and bottle neck paths occurring inside Wizarding World.

I wouldn't say its that much of a waste of money.  We sell on-peak and off-peak Gate A passes and the way to have guests buy the Off-peak passes is they are able to see extra stuff during shows and its only available for off-peak seasons. For Waterworld you're able to talk privately with the cast and learn a bit more about how the show works. With Animal Actors is the same thing but of course they bring out the animals for you.

If you've noticed on the Schedule sheet there are stars printed next to the showtimes and thats when the behind-the-scenes segments are available.
Almost forgot about that.

But on another subject, does anyone think Universal will increase prices after Potter? I'm guessing yes, but I'm wondering by how much...

List of last shows at the Gibson. The last 3 if not more will be moved to different venues as written in this article. http://kroq.cbslocal.com/2013/04/24/gibson-ampitheatre-closing-after-41-years/
I'm hearing Labor Day is also Gibson's last day, but we're trying to confirm before we start pushing the news out.