NBCUniversal Evolution Plan | Page 3 | Inside Universal Forums

NBCUniversal Evolution Plan

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
But on another subject, does anyone think Universal will increase prices after Potter? I'm guessing yes, but I'm wondering by how much...
Definitely; which is a shame considering that the price is high enough as is. I can pretty much guarantee that the "Buy a day, get a year free" offer will be out by the wayside the year Potter opens.

Well, Potter is three years away, and Universal usually raises prices after Disney does it. And there will definitely be more than one price increase in that time frame.

To quote Hermione "Everything's going to change now, isn't it?"

I was hoping we'd get Butterbeer as a sort of tease until it opens, like...a little cart next to the proposed entrance site with some art work and coming soon sign. But I understand why it wouldn't (although it'd make a ton of money if it did...)

Also, aren't there a couple levels of Gate A if I'm not mistaken? One lets you do each ride/attraction once/a limited amount and one that gives you unlimited? And they're different color passes...

Hmmmm that's probably what I was thinking of then. I remember specifically the Red Gate A pass and the unlimited entry. Didn't know they stopped general sale of it. In that case, I think all the rest are a waste of money....for me at least. Using the Guest Assistance Card can get me either Gate A right away or a return time pass. More convenient.

The line to get a butterbeer in ioa is at least 20 min, it would be a smart money maker for USH but I don't see them selling it till launch day. If you haven't already had it there's many recipes online, its an awesome treat!

Kinda sad they arnt going to sell it till they open the attraction but i guess JK Rowling makes all final descions and it only makes sense that butterbeer only excists inside the wizarding world.

Kinda sad they arnt going to sell it till they open the attraction but i guess JK Rowling makes all final descions and it only makes sense that butterbeer only excists inside the wizarding world.
I thought Rowling had creative final say but no real decision making power in regards to sales and whatnot..? I'll have to look it up I'm never sure what she can and can't do and what Warner brothers can do.

Micechat members think, based on looking at our expansion plan, that we're replacing Water World, Special Effects Stage, Gibson and Curious George all in 4 years....I giggled a lot at that haha. What part of 20+ year plan is not clear? It's kinda fascinating (and irritating) to see fans who have absolutely no knowledge about our park make predictions about it.

Anyway, Adri I think she also has final say in the merchandise and sales department also. She wants what is sold to be authentic to just her Wizarding World. That's the reason there's only land specific merchandise and no Jurassic Park plushies next to Hedwig plushies. She was apparently strict on that too. Wish Disney would take a hint from that as well.

Breaking Rumor​
 ​
After speaking to a friend inside the park they have told me that the WWoHP will enter were the current Curious George area is and not Studio Tour. Sounds possible but anything does at this point.

^Hasn't that been obvious/apparent already....? I didn't know others were thinking otherwise.

I'm pretty sure the entrance to Studio Tour will not be too altered. They may change the angle of which you enter to not clash with Diagon Alley, but with the new bathrooms and other new stuff they JUST completed, it's safe to assume the studio tour won't be changed.

^^^ Has it I havent seen anyone post that Curious George was going to be the entrance? Hmm must not be that obvious. So with this water play area leaving, can we see a new one pop up? They have said that their will be some kind of kid attraction near Minion mayhem but can we see a water park area again? Coak soak was a big grab back when T2 first opened but of course the kid friendly Curious Goeorge area had more stuff and better themeing. I think a new water area would work great down stairs(or near minions) were panda express is at and would keep crowds down stairs for longer periods of time.

Unless they're putting a new water play area by Minion Mayhem, which I don't see happening, I think we're gonna see some sort of water play area in Universal Plaza. I don't think it's that big of a deal if USH doesn't have a water play area though. For our small park, I think we should use space more wisely

Last edited by a moderator:
I agree its not the greatest and most imaginative but during the summer and hot days these areas do attract lots of family's. I my self have played in this area in my 20's and really enjoyed it on a hot day. I remember on those really hot days running under the giant buckets counting down the time till they dropped the 1000's of gallon of water(of course I was taking some of my younger siblings. :rolleyes:   . LOL). They are not necessary to the park but can hold crowds.

They may be waiting on more supplies. Maybe the water feature to be installed. Hmm.
^ Adri do you think this is why the current construnction has halted(except for stage)

I have had the water play area in the universal plaza confirmed to me by a private source.
and with this do you think they are really hoping to open up before summer? Opening a water play area in the Fall just doesnt sound right.

Last edited by a moderator: