Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

NBCUniversal Evolution Plan

So, Gibson and Curious George are cconfirmed for the chopping block then? Good riddance! Maybe it will be enough room after all.

I do hope though that if Shrek DOES stay that they update the queue and facade to not look so tacky and out of place right next to Hogsmeade.

This has me wondering.....the Studio Tour Entrance is right by Curious George. Do you think the entrance will be changed once Potter moves? I would think not, only because they recently added a bunch of new things to the studio tour entrance facilities and added that new bathroom.

I'm curious if, like we've speculated, if they'll go the Backdraft -> Transformers route and just build up when it comes to the Forbidden Journey/Gibson building. That'll be interesting to see.

I hope it'll open before 2016. I know it's hard with California's regulations (look at what's goin on at Disney) but I hope we'll see a fast construction time!

What I'm also curious about also is if the Hogwarts and Hogsmeade facades and interior sets will be built by Nassal (or whatever that Florida company is called) like in Florida or if the duplicate plans will be outsourced to some local CA based facade company.

I'm curious if, like we've speculated, if they'll go the Backdraft -> Transformers route and just build up when it comes to the Forbidden Journey/Gibson building. That'll be interesting to see.

I hope it'll open before 2016. I know it's hard with California's regulations (look at what's goin on at Disney) but I hope we'll see a fast construction time!
mabye shrek can be replaced with gringotts or flight of the hippogriff but indoor's.

^I wouldn't wanna see that. First off, there's no space for a massive ride like Gringotts anywhere in the park. If we can't have diagon alley, I don't wanna see Gringotts.

Also, I'm still gonna be hoping that Flight of the Hippogriff will be included out doors. It has a relatively small foot print, and would add a ride capacity.

If they don't put in hippogriff as a coaster, I can see them still including Hagrid's hut in the corner next to Hogwarts and maybe have a meet and greet with a hippogriff animatronic.

This is great news. It's nice to see that USH can compete with USO on some levels. I just hope USH doesn't become %80 Potter. The franchise isn't getting anything new anytime soon so I would hope Uni doesn't take up too much room.

Hopefully Simpsons will be on the chopping block soon >8D

Yes approval has happened and i think will start to see lots of movement on the entire property. I expect potter to be kinda hidden from the rest of the park kinda like the Gibson in now and doubt the there will be multiple ways to enter this new HP area. Will probably see a new divider in the park were curious George is at. That probably why they built the new plaza as to alleviate the traffic from creating a new barrier by Shrek. Either way im so excited to see what will come. I was kinda surprised Universal posted about the approval(on multi social media outlets) of the plan, that was out of left field.

Gibson Amphitheatre To Close In September As Part Of Universal Studios RevampBy THE DEADLINE TEAM | www.deadline.comI Wednesday April 24, 2013 @ 1:01pm PDTTags: Gibson Amphitheatre, Universal Studios

Today’s announcement that the Gibson Amphitheatre on the Universal CityWalk is going dark for good puts an end to a 40-year chapter in LA concert history. The former Universal Amphitheatre was rumored to be on the chopping block amid the flurry of redevelopment at Universal Studios that begins in the summer — the venue’s lease agreement is set to expire in September. But the 6,000-plus-seat hall has struggled to consistently book big-name acts amid competition from LA Live’s Nokia Theatre, which opened in 2007, and subscription partner the Greek Theatre; the Gibson’s 2013 schedule is heavy with international acts including Gloria Trevi, Il Volo and Eros Ramazzotti and Lila Downs. A handful of already booked post-September shows — including the 10th anniversary of the Brian Setzer Orchaestra’s annual Christmas Rocks gala — will be rerouted to other venues. Live Nation said its Southern California office will “assemble a very special lineup of shows as a fitting farewell” to the Gibson.

Does that make it clear....

^ I don't think that will happen honestly. With the size of the Shrek 4D building and it's facilities, I think they'll save that space for different kind of proper attraction that'll be a people eater. Tearing down that whole building for a simple tiny coaster would be a waste....

I wish the Gibson would close earlier. September is way too far off. Grrr :(

Last edited by a moderator: