Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

NBCUniversal Evolution Plan

Nothing necessarily new but some thought that Flintstones removal was for Potter but it's only being used to alleviate congestion and probably increase aesthetic appeal in the area (It would've been funny if they had kept it because the one in Orlando has carnival games in front of its entrance too). Also about SSFL taking pieces from Curious George.

SSFL taking pieces from Curious George has always been what was rumored anyway.

And the carnival being removed for aesthetic reason makes sense, but I wouldn't be surprised if Potter used the space somehow anyway.

I'm very curious about a new tour animation/F&F attraction (what, when, where). Interested when Universal might announce it.

Ok time to bring this up, I am going to Update this of things that NBC Evolution Plan is hitting and once done i'll redo those for the case of them being done so lets start with the first. And note: This will only be around Citywalk, the Themepark, and the Studio Tour so nothing on studios.. another day..

Hotels

Fum Lungs Location - Prepping

Globe Location - Not worked on yet.

Parking

ET Parking Expansion - Prepping

Globe Location - Not worked on yet.

BaseBall Parking Expansion - Not Worked on Yet.

Fum Lungs  Location - Prepping.

ThemePark

Despicable Me: Minion Mayhem - Wrapping up.

Wizzarding world of Harry Potter - Vertical

F&F 360 - Prepping

Castle Theatre - Not working on yet.

Picture Car Replacement - Not working on yet

Waterworld Replacement - Not Working on yet

T-XI - Not being worked on yet

Old tour load replacement - Not being worked on yet.

Springfield - Prepping Phase II

Overview

Thats as much for now that i can gather so i'll try to come back later.

Last edited by a moderator:
http://insideuniversal.net/2014/08/historic-stage-28-set-to-close/

So, according to IU sources, it was just posted on the main site that Stage 28, the historic Phantom of the Opera soundstage, is set to be closed. Super sad in my opinion. Such a historic and legendary soundstage. But also interesting situation. I hope whatever replaces it is worthy of being it's successor. I'm curious if it will be used as space for a new soundstage or if it will be space for a new theme park attraction. I hope it's new theme park space! And for Lon Chaney's sake, I hope they properly preserve the Phantom opera house sets...

I guess let's discuss what our hopes and ideas are?

Looks like Its A Trap was right.

I don't know whether to be excited or disappointed. The theme park can get somewhat larger and get (a) new attraction(s), but we will be losing a famous and historic set/soundstage.

Uh...more specific than the NBC Universal Evolution Plan? This topic is named for that since it's intended to be a broad forum for an expansive multi component project.
But that's what the main thread Allen linked is for? This could be used solely to discuss road improvements, hence my suggestion.

....a New earnings report from Comcast has earned over an good amount to being of EVERY park having a attraction each year. This seems interesting for the Evolution plan so we'll see possibly something from that plan in Two years from now. Whatever it is, we don't know yet.