New Project for Dinoland? | Page 38 | Inside Universal Forums

New Project for Dinoland?

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
So it will sit empty for 10 years. Gotta get that return on investment on that fence.
Nah... it'll get ANOTHER off the shelf coaster to replace it, and sooner rather than later. They have a Tricera-Top Spin MagicBand limited edition MagicBand out now, so DinoRama ain't going anywhere. I just wouldn't hold my breath for anything more exciting than another off the shelf... Just one that the manufacturer still makes replacement parts for.

Nah... it'll get ANOTHER off the shelf coaster to replace it, and sooner rather than later. They have a Tricera-Top Spin MagicBand limited edition MagicBand out now, so DinoRama ain't going anywhere. I just wouldn't hold my breath for anything more exciting than another off the shelf... Just one that the manufacturer still makes replacement parts for.
You think merchandising is really in sync with what WDI is doing? Merch is simply there to make money. They don’t know about any future plans, only the here and now, and at DAK, there aren’t many attractions to make merch for.

You think merchandising is really in sync with what WDI is doing? Merch is simply there to make money. They don’t know about any future plans, only the here and now, and at DAK, there aren’t many attractions to make merch for.
That’s not my reasoning, but more a funny aside. DinoRama is not leaving though. And there will be a Primeval Whirl replacement to bring balance to The Force.

That’s not my reasoning, but more a funny aside. DinoRama is not leaving though. And there will be a Primeval Whirl replacement to bring balance to The Force.
Gotcha. I actually don't necessarily mind if they don't want to spend the money to redo the whole area and just put in another off the shelf coaster... but can we at least get a good off the shelf coaster? Like, is that enough space for the a hybrid woodie of any decent fun? The way those types of coasters can really be compact but also have the track just burst through itself (think the coaster at Kissimmee Fun Spot) would be an actual fun addition to the park.

That said, my issue is they'd try to brand this as a new ride to the park when it's just a replacement, meaning they would then somehow get away with another 8 years without investment into this park.

Reactions: shiekra38
Gotcha. I actually don't necessarily mind if they don't want to spend the money to redo the whole area and just put in another off the shelf coaster... but can we at least get a good off the shelf coaster? Like, is that enough space for the a hybrid woodie of any decent fun? The way those types of coasters can really be compact but also have the track just burst through itself (think the coaster at Kissimmee Fun Spot) would be an actual fun addition to the park.

That said, my issue is they'd try to brand this as a new ride to the park when it's just a replacement, meaning they would then somehow get away with another 8 years without investment into this park.
A coaster themed to dinosaurs would be a huge flop

Are you referring to how Disney has recently promoted rides like everything is the best new thing ever when you say "shame"?
Thinking about it, it's weird how they normally do that, but I feel like i've seen very little advertising for Remy.

Thinking about it, it's weird how they normally do that, but I feel like i've seen very little advertising for Remy.
Yeah it hasn't recieved anything special

I've heard more about the golden calf statues, or whatever they're doing for the 50th

The national ads feature Remy, and there's a nationwide contest for it.

National advertising is normal for new rides. Universal always does big pushes nationally for their new rides, too. The current advertising campaign for Remy is not as bombastic as a normal new addition to WDW is the point such as for prior things like Frozen Ever After or Toy Story Land. And with TSL, what they added was basically Dinorama with a bit less roadside cheese.

Now I get the 50th is here so they are marketing that and honestly, good. Because Remy doesn't really deserve the whole parade a new ride at WDW normally gets. It's an average ride that really suffers from the floor to ceiling screens that inexplicably were built into this ride without any additional theming despite that being the main complaint from Paris.

But that's a discussion for another thread.

Yeah, I suppose it could be fine if it is an off-the-shelf product. Just don't do another ride that LegoLand already has!

Looking at you, Technic. And also you, WebSlingers,

They are spending the money to put in what looks to be semi-permanent fencing (certainly much more expensive than your typical construction wall would cost) and it seems it will surround the perimeter until they figure out what to do here.

They are using their famous "go-away blue". No one will even notice the fence.

They are using their famous "go-away blue". No one will even notice the fence.
tumblr_pcp9eyD6Fi1ugcq3jo10_540.gifv

Reactions: Nico
Status
Not open for further replies.