Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

New Project for Dinoland?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh, please. A wild ride through Zootopia where we get to visit Tundratown, Rain Forest District, Little Rotendtia, Savannah Central, and Sahara Square while Nick makes his sarcastic comments and Judy tries desperately to hold everything together and we get their witty back and forth is in no way close to the next Stitch’s Great Escape.

It almost sounds like Living with the Land with a Zootopia overlay

Oh that's a BAD IDEA. The next Stitch's Great Escape.

Exactly, if this is the bar then just anything that's featured animals can end up in Animal Kingdom.... *looks at Pandora*

Pandora absolutely fits with conservation.

Anyways, Australia would be a perfect retheme for Dinoland. It would be vastly cheaper to retheme to than South America, and after Covid, that's going to be a sticking point. You have Finding Nemo right there. You already have a crocodile exhibit in the area, as well as kangaroos in Discovery Island that could easily be moved. The buildings can easily be made to look like a camp in the Outback. I guess you could do a forced perspective of Ayers Rock in the background ala the Eiffel Tower in Epcot. The only challenge would be: are there any places in Australia that would fit for Indy?

Last edited:
Pandora absolutely fits with conservation.

Anyways, Australia would be a perfect retheme for Dinoland. It would be vastly cheaper to retheme to than South America, and after Covid, that's going to be a sticking point. You have Finding Nemo right there. You already have a crocodile exhibit in the area, as well as kangaroos in Discovery Island that could easily be moved. The buildings can easily be made to look like a camp in the Outback. I guess you could do a forced perspective of Ayers Rock in the background ala the Eiffel Tower in Epcot. The only challenge would be: are there any places in Australia that would fit for Indy?
Make it a Rescuers ride.

I know that'll never happen for a variety of reasons, but I'd be totally down for that!
If they ever do Australia and DON’T leverage the Rescuers, it would be a massive miss. Do a Peter Pan style hanging dark (on Wilber’s back) where you basically ride through “Down Under” and you’re filling in a really nice need in the park.

I'm willing to bet it's demo... just demo.

Same, while a run-down coaster would be oddly fitting for the theme of Dino-Rama (yes, the irony is pretty rich on that), there's no use of a shuttered coaster standing out in the open to make it easy for guests to ask when it's gonna' open.

Status
Not open for further replies.