Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

New Theater at Magic Kingdom

Side note on Mystic Manor: I’d love to see that design/ride system come to DHS with a Nightmare Before Christmas theme. NBC still has a following, and still sells a lot of merchandise. Since WDW doesn’t have a Haunted Mansion Holiday overlay (the duplicates of the scenery went to Japan instead), it would be nice to see it represented somewhere.

As far as Adventureland, I’d push against Raging Spiritis. Maybe a full re-do of Pirates is in order? The rides a classic but it’s far from the best version (Disneyland and DLP are the tops). Plus, maybe they could finally work a Blue Bayou into a new version, and space it back a little more to free up some space for new additions? It’s not too far-fetched in a world where Universal has torn down Dragon Challenge and Disney has gutted DHS.

Confirmed: Third Dumbo ;):lol::angry:..........................What's really funny is that the last five pages of discussion on the WDW Magic Theater Cancelled thread are responses to, and quotes of, rumors on the theater from this Inside Universal thread. :lol:.....and the Circle of Life (Rumors) goes on

The theme park interwebs are a weird place, man :lol:

Ah I did miss that one! Good catch. That would certainly bring some life to Adventureland.

It's been many years at this point, but I seem to recall the Spirit (back when he provided Disney news with reliability not politics) saying there were plans for this as a relatively quick capacity add. Might have been as far back as around the time of New Fantasyland. So I suppose it's possible blueprints were dusted off. Pure speculation on my part, of course.

What kind of expansion plots are available in the Magic Kingdom, specifically Adventureland? I was under the impression that Fantasyland was maxed out after the last expansion and it's definitely not going in Tommorowland since Tron will be going in there.

"Thrilled" was sarcasm.

And

moana-review-maui-youre-welcome-song-gif.gif

For the info.

If the plan is what I heard, most will be thrilled with the change.
;)The "thrilled with the change" excited a lot of people here and thus on Magic. The fact it was sarcasm will create a lot of disappointment. Oh, the web the internet weaves. :lol: and if it just ends up being a Moana overlay for Tiki, it will be a real nothing burger.

This cancellation is sad, not because I was looking forward to the attraction itself but because the replica design of the theater has a meaning to Walt's life, and the path to TL's Terrace would've help so much with the MS USA funnel problem.

;)The "thrilled with the change" excited a lot of people here and thus on Magic. The fact it was sarcasm will create a lot of disappointment. Oh, the web the internet weaves. :lol: and if it just ends up being a Moana overlay for Tiki, it will be a real nothing burger.
Ok...

Basically what I heard is they are going to build a dedicated theater just outside the train track for a clone of the Moana live show in Hong Kong. It supposedly going to be an open air theater with a roof.

Ok...

Basically what I heard is they are going to build a a dedicated theater just outside the train track for a clone of Moana live show in Hong Kong. It supposedly going to be an open air theater with a roof.
:thumbsup: :lol:A little rum goes a long way. Cheers in May. Pat O'Briens :):cheers:....I'd rather have the other theater,closed and air conditioned and almost Broadway show level, but this would be better than nothing or the Tiki redo.

Ok...

Basically what I heard is they are going to build a dedicated theater just outside the train track for a clone of the Moana live show in Hong Kong. It supposedly going to be an open air theater with a roof.

So this would basically use the only significant expansion pad left in Adventureland?

Not a fan of that idea. At all.

Nick. You missed his later post. Dave's saying the rumor he heard 'is' " HKDL Moano show clone" , to be built on the outside of the train track. Open air with roof theater.
Oops. :doh:

If this does end up happening, i'll be perfectly happy with it. From what i've heard about the HKDL show, it seems like it should be a very nice addition to the park. Something to counteract TRON though? Eh, not sure about that. I guess it does have the Moana IP attached to it, but it's still only a show that can fit a max capacity per show (and only does maybe 6 shows per day), whereas a ride does a max capacity per hour and runs all day.

I do think the location is better though if true, as it will spread the crowds out, whereas with where the theatre was going on Main Street, it basically was just a stop on the way to TRON or something that could easily be overlooked.