Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

New Theater at Magic Kingdom

Does the show also have pooh and friends, nick and judy from zootopia and Pochahontas in it? That's what I'm hearing... I don't understand how that would work... AKA I really don't think it makes any sense at all.

Can somebody please help me with where this expansion plot is?
The green space behind Pirates. It's behind the railroad, similar to Space Mountain (and eventually Tron).
qXFWs76.jpg

Okay, not to make this a whole thing, but I went and checked out what they were saying about us over on Magic. Oof! Those that are taking issue with the mods around here should make a stop over there and see how the other half lives. Thread is a mess and they are downplaying DH despite grabbing his info from here. Thank God for IU.

Disappointing that a lesser quality show building is coming, but the show itself sounds decent. I'll take it over the possibility of anything Frozen.

Okay, not to make this a whole thing, but I went and checked out what they were saying about us over on Magic. Oof! Those that are taking issue with the mods around here should make a stop over there and see how the other half lives. Thread is a mess and they are downplaying DH despite grabbing his info from here. Thank God for IU.

Disappointing that a lesser quality show building is coming, but the show itself sounds decent. I'll take it over the possibility of anything Frozen.

Eh, let them be.

I’m not going to judge anything till we know more, something still feels “off”.

Eh, let them be.

I agree this whole situation is just odd.

Martin said when they announced it at D23 it was a bit of a premature announcement, which is why the concept art looks like crap. It was still in Blue Sky phase when they announced it. This could be one of the factors that played into it. But the fact that walls were up and construction equipment on site is what makes me even question that because it's clear they were committed to this until just recently.

Eh, let them be.

Yeah I don't want to start a flame war. Not even talking about the info. Just the way members are interacting. Just want everyone here to know I appreciate them and their behavior :lol:

By "off" I think you mean it feels like TDO.

OK, well if it does end up being a live show, I'm OK with that. Not necessarily what I was hoping they would do with the Moana IP, but at least, again, its an addition rather than a refurb/replacement for an existing attraction.

If it helps, all of the trees south of Caribbean Way in the photo are considered an expansion plot.

That’s a hell of a distance from the path and I assume the road would be pushed back easy enough. The train line not so much.

It’s a huge space though, it looks big enough to be a complete land maybe circle around to the entrance.

Using that prime real estate in Adventureland would likely prevent the land from ever getting a major new ride.
I'd agree if they were putting up something more substantial, but hell, they could almost reuse the old theatre from the back of DHS if they had kept it. A generic, open air structure is a cheap investment and they could reuse the same plot later to build a proper ride if they wanted.
The interesting part of this is getting folks back there. Over or under the tracks?

There's room enough there for multiple show buildings as long as they don't just plop something down in the middle.

Measuring it there, there is a solid 9 acres. Providing they don't pull a TSL, this could be a major new land. I'm also intrigued to see how they would get the people across to the plot while still hiding all the backstage buildings for Pirates and the access roads.

If they decided to build something big here, it could also be a great weenie for anybody travelling on the monorail.

The green space behind Pirates. It's behind the railroad, similar to Space Mountain (and eventually Tron).
qXFWs76.jpg

Wow, that's a huge plot of land!! I can't help but wonder how building on that land would mess with the whole feel of the park. Everything is centered around the castle and building another land behind Pirates of the Caribbean would really throw everything off.

Measuring it there, there is a solid 9 acres. Providing they don't pull a TSL, this could be a major new land. I'm also intrigued to see how they would get the people across to the plot while still hiding all the backstage buildings for Pirates and the access roads.

If they decided to build something big here, it could also be a great weenie for anybody travelling on the monorail.

Wow, that's a huge plot of land!! I can't help but wonder how building on that land would mess with the whole feel of the park. Everything is centered around the castle and building another land behind Pirates of the Caribbean would really throw everything off.
Let's not get carried away with new land talk. Hell, we're probably already being more hopeful than we should be considering they just canceled a project. :lol:

I would be shocked if whatever eventually goes on that land isn't just a part of Adventureland, though.

Let's not get carried away with new land talk. Hell, we're probably already being more hopeful than we should be considering they just canceled a project. :lol:

I would be shocked if whatever eventually goes on that land isn't just a part of Adventureland, though.

I don't think for a second that this is going to happen any time soon but it's nice to know that something like this could be possible in the future and I think MK will need the extra room when it starts hitting 25 million visitors a year.

Jim MacPhee is assuming the newly created role of Senior Vice President, Operations, at WDW. Wonder if that had anything to do with the project cancellation................Over at Magic, Marni is reiterating he doesn't know much concrete about the Theater situation. Although he's heard about two replacement possibilities, but doesn't know if they will amount to anything......Sounds like this theater move really surprised everyone.

Jim MacPhee is assuming the newly created role of Senior Vice President, Operations, at WDW. Wonder if that had anything to do with the project cancellation................Over at Magic, Marni is reiterating he doesn't know much concrete about the Theater situation. Although he's heard about two replacement possibilities, but doesn't know if they will amount to anything......Sounds like this theater move really surprised everyone.
Jim MacPhee started out as a parking attendant at MK back in 1971 and has done many other things while working his way up. If there's anyone of the suits at Disney who knows exactly how vital that Main Street East backstage area is, it's him. So much goes on back there with this being the backside of the Ice Cream Parlor, Starbucks, Pandora, and other stores, as well as being where many street vendors go to restock and there's also an entrance to the Utilidors there.

I'm unsure that building back there was actually all that good of an idea to begin with seeing as I really don't know how they would've dealt with finding a place for all of that. That said, i'm still unhappy to hear it's not happening as MK needs an enclosed theater.

Jim MacPhee started out as a parking attendant at MK back in 1971 and has done many other things while working his way up. If there's anyone of the suits at Disney who knows exactly how vital that Main Street East backstage area is, it's him. So much goes on back there with this being the backside of the Ice Cream Parlor, Starbucks, Pandora, and other stores, as well as being where many street vendors go to restock and there's also an entrance to the Utilidors there.

I'm unsure that building back there was actually all that good of an idea to begin with seeing as I really don't know how they would've dealt with finding a place for all of that. That said, i'm still unhappy to hear it's not happening as MK needs an enclosed theater.
Interesting. From what you say of his background and his good working knowledge of the park, I would think there just may be an interrelationship between his appointment and the cessation of the theater project. The timing is incredible.