Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

New Universal Studios Store (2021)

Jan 31, 2013
Mod Edit

Thread covering the closure, demolition, and construction at CityWalk Orlando for a new store and its replacement: the new Universal Studios Store.

-----

Demolition in Citywalk picking up:

Last edited by a moderator:

Omg yes please tell me you're right in some capacity lol.

Honestly though, Universal is destroying it with the interactivity. They're clearly going to corner the gaming crowd here (if this is even remotely true, of course), between offering interactive gaming experiences outside the parks, inside, at multiple parks, they're going all in. Good strategy.

I mean that’s very clearly a patent for a ride system. They’re not gonna put a ride in CityWalk
While the probability of the space being used as a ride is extremely low. Remember that Hollywood Rip Ride Rockit was supposed to be tied into City-Walk, allowing for after-hours rides(separate admission). That obviously did not pan out...

While I think the consensus is that this will be some type of flagship store. Does anyone think that there is a possibility for some kind of smaller, separate admission, interactive attraction?

I have heard wishful thinking for a Pokemon gym. Maybe the location could be used for a "The Void" -like experience or an escape room? Would that do well in CityWalk?

image0.jpg

Rooms are going to be separated by theme, it seems. Which if they are..makes me want to once again remind people about that Nintendo room from the leaked LA Nintendo store.

Lemme get that Nintendo Room plssss

So if we're getting themed rooms we have to assume Potter, Minions, Jurassic Park.. maybe a retro room for ET, Jaws, etc? Dreamworks room!