New Water Park coming to Universal Orlando? | Page 100 | Inside Universal Forums

New Water Park coming to Universal Orlando?

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sapphire Falls is well under construction across the street from Cabana Bay looking towards Royal Pacific. The waterway expansion is already dug out and foundation work is commencing.

Being able to visually see the layout is relieving. Given their track record, I think this is more than enough space for their creative designers to run wild. So very very excited.

My word, twitter is all a buzz regarding the opening date of this park tonight.

Truth will out. :smiley:

Yeah I think that is an echo chamber. I Drive people read the rumors, we report what they reported on, then it seems more like fact. I doubt it. Still hedging my bets on spring 2017.

That would be it! :lol:

I'm not so sure they didn't accidentally switched Kong and the water park, but not sure too many of us can say definitively at this point, either. Taking it with a grain of salt, but it was surprising to see on there none the less.

If the date for Sapphire is right and its supposed to open within 19 months, is it that unreasonable to expect the waterpark to be open in 22 months? They aren't that far apart on where they stand on construction are they?

Fall 2016 seems really ambitious. I figured Spring 2017 for the opening made sense especially if they plan to close Wet N Wild because that year would be WNW's 40th Anniversary. (I figured that wouldve been the date of expiration on the plot of lands original lease. Obviously that doesn't matter now since Universal bought all that land.)

I'm not saying it can't open then, but I get the feeling they just used the November 2016 date on some permits and made a guess.

Still, this highlights how foolish Universal's insistence on not announcing things is.

Have any pipe materials shown up on site here yet? There will be tons of it, both green and white pvc and large concrete sewer units. Hopefully a few from here are keeping a north eye on things.

Last edited:
So the giant mound of dirt where the volcano with apparently be is getting bigger and bigger. Makes me wonder if there will be any significant inside portions at all.

Well Disney announces things and gets eviscerated on here for it.

Waaaaaaaaaay different. Disney announced Avatar far before they should have. Whether that's they're fault or not is a different story.

Universal doesn't announce things that are opening in less than a year because they're afraid people will stay away until it opens.

So the giant mound of dirt where the volcano with apparently be is getting bigger and bigger. Makes me wonder if there will be any significant inside portions at all.

The volcano will not be made of dirt, nor will it be built upon a pile of sand etc. If anything, its base will be below grade. The entire structure will be built out of steel and be very very hollow, short of ramps, staircases and giant tube slides.

- - - Updated - - -

Also a ton of 18",16",12" and 8" ductile iron pipe for sewer

Aah yes... that ductile iron pipe always escapes me. :wave:

Status
Not open for further replies.